An Old School Catholic Message Board

Don't Mess With Him

geetarplayer

That post made my day. It's so great to know there are young people who stand proudly for their faith and their morals. Without realizing it, you are planting seeds. Your reward awaits you! :D

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

St. Paul

God Bless You,

Joe

littleflower+JMJ

haha thats a honest mistake vera...

whats odd that you both are at the same library...

God works in strange ways sometimes!! :D :lol:

now maybe you need some real face-to-face catecism eh monica?

your prayers are answered! ;):P

vera qualifies as an angel! ;)

Don't do it again (doubt you'll get a chance to). Ever. I almost had a heart attack. I e-mailed dUST about it.

And I got you PM, VeraMaria, it's OK, at least you came clean.

I was in Miami for two days only. I was visiting my granparents. They have just moved to Miami from Fort Lauderdale, and my parents sort of "sent" me to help them settle in. As you can imagine, they don't have a computer. So I went to the Library. Now i finally managed to plug in my lap-top.

This is funny, though. I guess it's a small world.

Thanks for graciously forgiving me... :D

No seriously, i was worried....

and while i'm at it i probably should confess that i though about posting a topic under monica's name saying shehad converted to catholicism....

then decided she WOULD get a heart attack, and that would be just wrong....

so i just posted one thread...

No, seriously, I almost had a heart attack when i went to phatmass and saw Monica's name there. I mean that's just too weird.

Who were you? I mean, there were not so many people in the library, mostly old people? Were you in the back by the map display? Or in the front? The only young person where i was sitting was a girl about 10 years old looking through the library catalog. Was that you?

Nope I'm definitely not ten...i don't even look like ten. I was near the map display, but in the corner next to the rack with all the CD's and videos....sitting at a table doing a research project on the eating habits of yellow striped cobras....(yep! that's right!). You probably didn't see me though.

It may be that i saw you. I noticed a girl about....in her twenties?? (i'm not at all good with guessing ages... :blink: ). Light brown hair, highlights? In a sleeveless top??

I noticed her because

1. She asked the guy at the check-out table many times where to find stuff, which showed she had never been here before.

2. She was wearing a sleeveless shirt. Miami is having a "cold front" which is still hotter than summer in many places in the US, but all Miamians, spoiled by the normally warm weather, were wearing sweaters yesterday. Including me. So that was another thing i noticed.

Was that you??? :blink::blink:

I PMed you again, check it and write back. ;)

Today in chemistry, Justin (the guy who was asking if my girlfriend is hot) pointed at my crucifix (the same one I had on Monday) and said, "That's pretty tight." I glanced uncertainly at him and said, "Thanks." Then he explained his plans for a tatoo--a cross on his arm with his grandfather's initials above it. I said, "I don't like tatoos in general, but that sounds like a good tatoo."

I'll tell you what, this crucifix stuff in chemistry is gettin' pretty weird! :unsure: lol

-Mark

Today in chemistry, Justin (the guy who was asking if my girlfriend is hot) pointed at my crucifix (the same one I had on Monday) and said, "That's pretty tight." I glanced uncertainly at him and said, "Thanks." Then he explained his plans for a tatoo--a cross on his arm with his grandfather's initials above it. I said, "I don't like tatoos in general, but that sounds like a good tatoo."

I'll tell you what, this crucifix stuff in chemistry is gettin' pretty weird! :unsure: lol

-Mark

LOL, i think it's pretty funny how just wearing a crucifix can spark such...."interesting" conversations! :lol: :D

Unafortunately, I've noticed it's become rather a gang symbol. At least where I live, when people wear big metal crucifixes it's become a symbol that you're "from the hood" and a rapist or drug addict or something. :(:angry::( :ph34r:

I don't think that's what Justin was interested in. There aren't many gangs in big, bad Melbourne, Florida. :rolleyes:

But it's sad that it's come to that. They shouldn't be doing such things in the name of Jesus! :angry:

-Mark