An Old School Catholic Message Board

CARMELITE DCJ

Sixtina87

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Nov 14 2005, 11:57 PM'][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/level7333/Fgallery6-1.jpg[/img]
[right][snapback]789243[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

thanks, i needed that!!!

[quote name='jgirl' date='Nov 14 2005, 10:08 AM']It's one thing to hop between communities, but provinces of the same order is a bit different. The vocation directresses and superiors (including novices mistresses) probably know each other. In the case of the Kirkwood Carmelites, their VD probably knows Sister M. Beata because she worked for the youth ministry office, and the Carmelites usually help out with youth ministry events. Since it sounded like she told you that you were attracted to the FSGM sisters, I wouldn't be surprised if she contacted those Sisters, so all of that was probably passed through the grapevine to Wisconsin.

Community hopping is also looked down upon. It's perfectly okay to pick a few communities to check out. The problem is when you set your heart on one community, and then they turn you down. Then you go to another community and set your heart on it, and then they turn you down and so on and so on. You've been turned down by the Daughters of St. Paul, the FSGM sisters, the Sisters of Nazareth, and 2 provinces of the Carmelites--most likely for the reasons mentioned by Sister MI. From the outside, it looks like you are just trying to belong to a community, and it doesn't matter which one it is just as long as its a community.

If you think those Sisters are the ones for you, then settle down and work towards bettering yourself. You can take classes at your local community college (and they usually will have a basic English class to work out grammar kinks, and you could use that to show you are serious). You could work at the same time, and even try to get a better job than retail, like maybe a clerical job, that would offer you a more regular schedule.

And also, you should get a spiritual director. The only thing is that you need to be willing to open yourself to any suggestions he makes. If you aren't, then you will be wasting the priest's time.

Also you said:

This isn't necessarily a good motive for being a religious, but it's a good motive for living a Christian life. We are all called to do everything for Christ no matter what state of life we are in. Why do you want to give yourself in a way your family can't?

You do need to answer the questions everybody is asking you. I would advise you not to answer them on phatmass or your blog. In fact, I wouldn't advise sharing any of your vocational frustrations on the internet. You are venting--not just to us, but everybody in the world who has internet access, including Sisters who may belong to the communities you hope to enter. Their emails to you are meant for you. By posting them, they might think you aren't trying to grow, but that you're trying to prove why you should be in their order.

I will definitely pray for you and your heartbreak. It's tough, but you're young and you still have time. It's very nice to see that you are so open to the religious life, but I pray that you will be open to the married or single life as well if God is calling you there.
[right][snapback]788263[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I completely agree with jgirl. Being a religious is about taking up the Cross. It is about obedience. It is about giving everything, everything to Our Lord and trusting in Him alone. It is about learning to love suffering b/c it draws us closer to Him. All of this takes maturity and maturity takes time. A little time for some and maybe a little more in your case because you are a bit younger. Do as Sister tells you. You will grow in virtue b/c of it. And believe me, it is not easy to be obedient! But it is what Our Lord loves the most. Also, you should def get a spiritual director. I recommend Opus Dei priests just b/c mine is an Opus Dei priest and they give solid advice. Lots of love to you!

[quote name='Rick777' date='Nov 14 2005, 04:23 PM']Let Gods will be done.....If this is truly Gods will it will happen...
[right][snapback]788827[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I apologize for not thinking of this sooner. I am "up to my ears in it" if heredity counts for anything. Have you ever considered becoming a Third Order Carmelite? :saint:

My mother, aunt and grandfather all are/were. They were exemplary witnesses of the Carmelite life. My aunt and grandfather are deceased but my mom is still going strong. :)

There are MANY ways of following GOD'S WILL. I offer this as a suggestion. It is something that may be an option for you, if you do not enter religious life. :topsy:

God Bless.

Edited by ofpheritup

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Nov 17 2005, 02:36 AM']I apologize for not thinking of this sooner. I am "up to my ears in it" if heredity counts for anything.  Have you  ever considered becoming a Third Order Carmelite?  :saint:

My mother, aunt and grandfather all are/were. They were exemplary witnesses of the Carmelite life.  My aunt and grandfather are deceased but my mom is still going strong. :)

There are MANY ways of following GOD'S WILL.  I offer this as a suggestion.  It is something that may be an option for you,  if you do not enter religious life.    :topsy: 

God Bless.
[right][snapback]792380[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:idontknow: :idontknow: :idontknow: :idontknow: :huh: , I was online yesterday and Mother Mistress from the Lockport Dominicans, asked me to come visit them!!!!!! they have been wanting me to come for the past months, since well i cant really remember. I was suppose to go see them in October but with the hurricane mess and everything going on, it didnt work. Mother and I havent really talked for awhile and but she would txt me a message here and there. We had a 20 IM conversation on the ttopic the firs tthing she said was, "WHEN ARE YOU COMMING????" She knioda knew there was something wrong with me at the first pint because she knew how my heart has been set on entering out of HS and now i"m not sure if iw ant it that way. I told her about the carmelites and she said something about apps. But I was tlkaing to a phatmasser last night about it and she advices me to go asap and to pray about it!!!!!! I have been thinking about it for hours now and I really want to go even if it could be on Christmas!!!!! theya re the only of few communities so far to honestly invite me to see them!!!!! So in away i feel highly welcomed!!!!!

Aaaah, yes, the Lockport Dominicans :) I think that Karin is getting back next week. She'll have lots to say I'm sure. (She is at the end of a three month aspirancy.) I loved talking to her on MSN. Although shes quite young, you can't really tell when you discuss God! :)

However, I thought that Opheritup's advice was really quite brilliant. Just listen to Jesus, He only wants what'll make you the happiest, and what'll help you become the best person you can be. :)

[quote name='memtherose' date='Nov 17 2005, 04:47 PM']Aaaah, yes, the Lockport Dominicans :) I think that Karin is getting back next week. She'll have lots to say I'm sure. (She is at the end of a three month aspirancy.)  I loved talking to her on MSN. Although shes quite young, you can't really tell when you discuss God! :)

However, I thought that Opheritup's advice was really quite brilliant. Just listen to Jesus, He only wants what'll make you the happiest, and what'll help you become the best person you can be. :)
[right][snapback]793247[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i was told her mom was delaying on picking her up. i want to know about Karin's aspirancy!!!!!!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Those Dominican Nuns! :P: Gotta love 'em! If you do visit Sixtina, you will have a wonderful time and you will not be hungry! That's for sure! But it will be very different for you as well. I would suggest that you make the visit.

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Nov 17 2005, 06:42 PM']Those Dominican Nuns!  :P:  Gotta love 'em!  If you do visit Sixtina, you will have a wonderful time and you will not be hungry!  That's for sure!  But it will be very different for you as well.  I would suggest that you make the visit.
[right][snapback]793440[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Awhile back not sur ewho it was, sent me this l.ong pm or post about teh Dominicans. it said things about the food, the objects on the walls, everything. I read it over and over and i wanted to more and more to be there. Mother Mistress wants me there soon, but i dont think i can be there until January!!!! I hope and plan to amke the visit soon

[quote name='ambrose' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:33 PM']here we go again......................................................
[right][snapback]794811[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
what now?????

[quote name='ambrose' date='Nov 18 2005, 10:33 PM']here we go again......................................................
[right][snapback]794811[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:idontknow: :topsy: :(
JUST KEEP PRAYING. IT IS ALL IN GOD'S TIME.
HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.

• 1 month later...
be_thou_my_vision

Hi I'm new!
I read this entire conversation, and I relate with sixtina. I was in your shoes once, but through the hurt, you are purified. Believe me. My problem was not my "outgoingness," but I had depression for like a year when I was 15. I was turned down from many communities because of this. I am 18 now, and I have learned so much from the hurt. My favorite community, Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in Indiana, are just lovely and I would not have discovered them without the stuff that I got from other communities. One sister told me (after telling me that I would not be accepted) that if a door closes, then it's probably because God doesn't want me to go through it.
This hurt so bad because it felt like a death. I had this dream in my mind, and I was told that it was not possible. It hurts, but you will heal.
DO NOT RUSH. God leads you. The founder of Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration said "he leads. I follow." It's true. It's not your place to guess where God wants you. It's an art-- you take Jesus' hand and he leads you. No guessing here, just patience.
DO NOT ENTER THE FIRST PLACE THAT ACCEPTS YOU. Don't enter somewhere because you finally got accepted. That is your will, not neccesarily God's. A lot of time during my discernment was devoted to research of different orders, correspondence, and surfing the web. All this time should have been spent listening.
Through time, I have come to realize that I would not have been the same without the hurt.
And to add onto what someone said about secular Carmelites, I am living proof. I am in formation. I am a Carmelite. The desert of Carmel echoes in my soul, and I search for my Beloved there. I am a Carmelite out here in the world. I bring Carmel to others, and they see it in me, and I in them. I just want you to see that it is a beautiful vocation, but I know it's not the same as being a sister. But really, seculars take the same vows, pray the Liturgy of the Hours, and live Carmel everyday. Isn't that they same as a Sister? I certainly think it is. I will consecrate myself to my Love through the vows (I have not taken them yet). I am convince that God loves me the same as He love religious sisters. I am totally His no matter what because my heart is forever His, even if I get married. I will give my heart and consecrate my life to God through the vows to my future husband (If I am called to get married, I don't know yet.).
I am still discerning a call to the religious life, but the secular Carmelites are a beautiful and God-centered, self-giving vocation as well.
I hope this helps a bit... DO NOT TRY TO HEAL YOUR PAIN BY RUNNING TO A DIFFERENT CONVENT. Take months (yes, months) to sit down and pray about the situation. If you feel called (not just want to) discern a vocation to the religious life, do so slowly and prayerfully.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Jenny

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' date='Dec 28 2005, 02:28 PM']Hi I'm new!
I read this entire conversation, and I relate with sixtina. I was in your shoes once, but through the hurt, you are purified. Believe me. My problem was not my "outgoingness," but I had depression for like a year when I was 15. I was turned down from many communities because of this. I am 18 now, and I have learned so much from the hurt. My favorite community, Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in Indiana, are just lovely and I would not have discovered them without the stuff that I got from other communities. One sister told me (after telling me that I would not be accepted) that if a door closes, then it's probably because God doesn't want me to go through it.
This hurt so bad because it felt like a death. I had this dream in my mind, and I was told that it was not possible. It hurts, but you will heal.
DO NOT RUSH. God leads you. The founder of Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration said "he leads. I follow." It's true. It's not your place to guess where God wants you. It's an art-- you take Jesus' hand and he leads you. No guessing here, just patience.
DO NOT ENTER THE FIRST PLACE THAT ACCEPTS YOU. Don't enter somewhere because you finally got accepted. That is your will, not neccesarily God's. A lot of time during my discernment was devoted to research of different orders, correspondence, and surfing the web. All this time should have been spent listening.
Through time, I have come to realize that I would not have been the same without the hurt.
And to add onto what someone said about secular Carmelites, I am living proof. I am in formation. I am a Carmelite. The desert of Carmel echoes in my soul, and I search for my Beloved there. I am a Carmelite out here in the world. I bring Carmel to others, and they see it in me, and I in them. I just want you to see that it is a beautiful vocation, but I know it's not the same as being a sister. But really, seculars take the same vows, pray the Liturgy of the Hours, and live Carmel everyday. Isn't that they same as a Sister? I certainly think it is. I will consecrate myself to my Love through the vows (I have not taken them yet). I am convince that God loves me the same as He love religious sisters. I am totally His no matter what because my heart is forever His, even if I get married. I will give my heart and consecrate my life to God through the vows to my future husband (If I am called to get married, I don't know yet.).
I am still discerning a call to the religious life, but the secular Carmelites are a beautiful and God-centered, self-giving vocation as well.
I hope this helps a bit... DO NOT TRY TO HEAL YOUR PAIN BY RUNNING TO A DIFFERENT CONVENT. Take months (yes, months) to sit down and pray about the situation. If you feel called (not just want to) discern a vocation to the religious life, do so slowly and prayerfully.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Jenny
[right][snapback]837920[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: wow!!!! I'm totally speachless...... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: