An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Servants of the Eternal Word

Sixtina87

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 12 2006, 08:58 PM']I can almost see my heart melt and my face with awe....i'm sure i'll be in love by the end of the week. yes i do agree that they need a smiley like that and also a nun too!!!! i wonder how the hallelujah one would look like??? :unsure:
[right][snapback]885398[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

cute little dude with prayer hands or uplifted hands and the word above him/her. :D:

[quote name='jgirl' date='Feb 12 2006, 10:54 PM']How I came to visit was that when I was seriously discerning the Martyrs, I got an email from United saying they were having a fare sale. For some reason, something told me to look up how much a plane ticket to Birmingham cost. At first I was thinking, "Why Birmingham? Wouldn't you rather go to New York or Toronto?" Then I remembered that my friend Alyssa had told me about the Sister Servants and that Sister Louise Marie had called me about 4 or 5 months earlier when I was driving to Wal-Mart (because I had filled out the info request on their website the day it went up). Her first words after introducing herself were something like, "So you live in a town called Normal. That's a riot, Jenny!" I kind of filed them away until the airfare sale. I tried calling them again, but I couldn't connect, and there was one day left, so I bought the tickets for a retreat weekend and hoped that there would be enough room (although when I asked to come on the retreat, I didn't say that I had already bought the tickets). So Nicole, I wasn't even invited to come visit. As you can probably tell from things I posted and things I probably won't, my first visit was best described as a comedy of errors, but I learned from them. They let me come back, and then they let me apply. If God is truly calling you to Birmingham, He will give you the grace for everything to fall into place. I wish I could come down that weekend, too, but I have lots of stuff on the weekends in March. Plus I have to build up some more vacation days because after Friday and Monday and the March for Life, they're pretty much all gone.
[right][snapback]885393[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

WOW jen!!! very interesting. thanks for telling me the story!!!! its amazing how god works in those ways!!!! I always thought the marytrs were kewl...still do but i only think of them as friends and sometimes fmaily depending on the sister....but they helped me with my discernment and they knew me too well...thats why i think i didnt belogn with them is because of that fact that i grew up knowing them. But anways....they were the ones who made me think of the franciscan way of life...i have alwayus loved franciscans and i also love the dominicans....so the combo of the 2 is AWESOME!!!!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 12 2006, 11:00 PM']cute little dude with prayer hands or uplifted hands and the word above him/her.  :D:
[right][snapback]885405[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i totally agree!!! you should make up a drawing and send it to the mods!!! that would be awesome!!!! i think!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 12 2006, 09:05 PM']i totally agree!!! you should make up a drawing and send it to the mods!!! that would be awesome!!!! i think!!!
[right][snapback]885416[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

MOI???? :shock: Draw??? Yea right! I draw stick people.

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 12 2006, 11:09 PM']MOI???? :shock:  Draw???  Yea right!  I draw stick people.
[right][snapback]885427[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL!!!!! Okay okay...i could draw it!?!?!?! i think!!! heck i draw angels that are amlost life like...i could drawn a smiley...i think!!!! :unsure: :unsure: hey stick people are kewl....see....... :dancer2: :dancer1: ...i thought there was more than that...oh well!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 12 2006, 09:17 PM']LOL!!!!! Okay okay...i could draw it!?!?!?! i think!!! heck i draw angels that are amlost life like...i could drawn a smiley...i think!!!!  :unsure:  :unsure:  hey stick people are kewl....see....... :dancer2:  :dancer1: ...i thought there was more than that...oh well!!!
[right][snapback]885444[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

OK, you draw, I'll be your cheering section!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 12 2006, 11:14 PM']Land Sakes alive!  I'm no longer a lurker, I've been promoted to a 'Newbie'.  wooohoooo :clap:
[right][snapback]885436[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

wow you're thaty excited??? :shock: :unsure: ne ways I'm a alien!!!! Can you beat that??? LOL!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 12 2006, 09:50 PM']wow you're thaty excited??? :shock:  :unsure:  ne ways I'm a alien!!!! Can you beat that??? LOL!!!
[right][snapback]885494[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, I was thinking 'what does it take to NOT be a lurker around here?' :unsure:

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 12 2006, 11:27 PM']OK, you draw, I'll be your cheering section!
[right][snapback]885461[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah i finally have a cheering section...not sure if i had one before...i cant see what i can come up with and lewt you see first!!!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 12 2006, 11:54 PM']Well, I was thinking 'what does it take to NOT be a lurker around here?' :unsure:
[right][snapback]885499[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i want to know what it takes to get rid of the stupid grey boxes and get color to it instead!?!?!?!?!? :idontknow:

Nah, grey is better. Then you have to worry about all those loud colors. . .people arguing about what color is better, yada yada.

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 13 2006, 12:01 AM']Nah,  grey is better.  Then you have to worry about all those loud colors. . .people arguing about what color is better, yada yada.
[right][snapback]885509[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah i guess you're right........PURPLE IS BETTER!!!! LOL!!! :P:

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 12 2006, 10:07 PM']Yeah  i guess you're right........PURPLE IS BETTER!!!! LOL!!! :P:
[right][snapback]885513[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Again I reiterate my sentiment. . . .

:getaclue:

:P:

well, i'm tired... :yawn: ....i have to work tomorrow!!!! I have to pick my grandparents up at the airport...they are comming from Florida...dont worry i'll be there in 2 weeks...yeah!!! So....GOOD NIGHT PCPA2BE!!!! :goodnight: I'm going to sleep with my :carebear: while listening to :guitar:. while i dream about :teach: my first graders which is on wednesday......or about :pigfly: !!!! WOW!!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :primate: :primate:

here is an idea...make a thread...useing all the icons in order make a story out of them!!!! how kewl would that be!?!?!?!?