An Old School Catholic Message Board

Laurentina1975's visit

HisChild

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 18 2006, 03:45 PM']Actually that is incorrect.

The Postulancy is two years but can be three depending on how much time is needed.  In rare cases they have candidacy of the person needs to pay off debt.  The Novitiate is two years, one cannonical one in ministry I believe.  Your best bet is to ask Sister Margaret Michael, she has a wealth of knowledge!
[right][snapback]952756[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

tecnically i was correct. I just didnt say anything about the extra yr of postulancy. So postulancy is 2 yrs and the novicate is also 2 yrs!!!

tecnically that website goes the PBM. Here is their direct website!!!

[url="http://www.daughtersofstpaul.org"]DAUGHTERS OF ST PAUL[/url]

Laurentina1975

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Apr 18 2006, 03:49 PM']tecnically that website goes the PBM. Here is their direct website!!!

[url="http://www.daughtersofstpaul.org"]DAUGHTERS OF ST PAUL[/url]
[right][snapback]952766[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:annoyed:
It's always best to ask the community anyway.
:)
It's the same website Sixtina.

Unfortunately, I think that I am going to be forced into just talking about my discernment with close friends, etc. via email and phone.
Sorry folks.

Edited by Laurentina1975

be_thou_my_vision

Question...
So what is their habit? I see a dress like thing, but I also see some sisters with a blouse skirt and vest.
Just wondering!
Thanks all, you're great!

Gently, now, folks. Random visitors (and people like me) can't see what the problem is, so let's just calm down. Take a few deep breaths.... ;)

Back to be thou my vision's question....

Birgitta Noel

Lauren,

I'm so glad to hear that your visit went well! Please keep us posted (as you see fit).

In Mary, Birgitta

Laurentina1975

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' date='Apr 18 2006, 05:02 PM']Question...
So what is their habit? I see a dress like thing, but I also see some sisters with a blouse skirt and vest.
Just wondering!
Thanks all, you're great!
[right][snapback]952860[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What most the Sisters you see are wearing on their website!

Edited by Laurentina1975

Okay...chill out everyone!

Lauren, thanks for answering my question earlier. No problem about not talking about discernment stuff here. I'm so happy that you're so happy :) Prayers for your discernment as you continue to be led by the Holy Spirit to do God's will!

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='952884' date='Apr 18 2006, 05:32 PM']
Well, I can't really tell. Can you just tell me what their habit is?
[/quote]

I'll answer your question since it doesn't seemed to be answered!!!

The professed Sisters wear a modified blue habit and blue viel. They have another habit but its more like a blue jumper and blue or white blouse and of course the blue viel! They have a cross necklace thats in a shape of a cross but its an open book, I'm thinking maybe it represents the Gospels! The Sisters here in the States wear the viels, to where if you went over seas, the Sisters don't wear the viels.

the postulants and novices wear a blue skirt and vest with a blouse, but NO viel!!!

I hope this answers your question!!!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' post='952855' date='Apr 18 2006, 04:58 PM']
:annoyed:
It's always best to ask the community anyway.
:)
It's the same website Sixtina.

Unfortunately, I think that I am going to be forced into just talking about my discernment with close friends, etc. via email and phone.
Sorry folks.
[/quote]

Um, is it cuz of me??? You called me when i was at mass telling me that you were delayed to going to Boston. And you get home and tell me nothing!!! I don't get it!!! You called me every night when I was in Birmingham wanting to know whats going on and being supportive. I am trying to figure out what happened and you don't tell me nothing and saying that I'm not supporting you!!!!

FYI, what went on between me and the Daughters is done and over with....its HISTORY!!!! I DONT CARE!!!

Edited by Sixtina87