An Old School Catholic Message Board

Laurentina1975's visit

HisChild

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='952980' date='Apr 18 2006, 08:22 PM']
Okay, thanks Sixtina!

Sorry if I upset you Lauren.
[/quote]

Your WELCOME BE Thou!!!! I'm glad SOMEONE answered your question!!! Also just another fact about the FSP and their habits. They also wear regualr cloths. They only wear the habit when they are working a thte PBM and/or doing their mission out of the convent. The wear regular cloths when they go for walks, exercise, play sports and what ever else. Other wise they do wear their habits all the time, well amost!!!

Laurentina1975

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='952974' date='Apr 18 2006, 08:19 PM']
I'll answer your question since it doesn't seemed to be answered!!!

The professed Sisters wear a modified blue habit and blue viel. They have another habit but its more like a blue jumper and blue or white blouse and of course the blue viel! They have a cross necklace thats in a shape of a cross but its an open book, I'm thinking maybe it represents the Gospels! The Sisters here in the States wear the viels, to where if you went over seas, the Sisters don't wear the viels.

the postulants and novices wear a blue skirt and vest with a blouse, but NO viel!!!
I hope this answers your question!!!
Um, is it cuz of me??? You called me when i was at mass telling me that you were delayed to going to Boston. And you get home and tell me nothing!!! I don't get it!!! You called me every night when I was in Birmingham wanting to know whats going on and being supportive. I am trying to figure out what happened and you don't tell me nothing and saying that I'm not supporting you!!!!

FYI, what went on between me and the Daughters is done and over with....its HISTORY!!!! I DONT CARE!!!
[/quote]

As far as the habit, each Sister is different in what they wear, but it is a blue modified habit, some wear the blue jumper and/or skirt. Their cross is an open bible (the gospels) with a tower in the back proclaiming God's word.

My FINAL response to you Sixtina.

You're over the top, you are crossing major boundaries. If you need to "talk" don't do it in a forum. Do it in an email (although it is now too late for that).

I never said you were not supporting me. I am not looking for your support. Please stop giving misinformation about me calling you, etc. It isn' true.

I thought you were done with phatmass? What is it you want me to tell you? Can't you understand that I do not appreciate you giving me direction on my discernment? This is it. I am asking you to drop it.

Lastly, STOP your random posting on this thread. Think before you speak! Loose lips sink ships.

Edited by Laurentina1975

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus!

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen. :)

ITS BEEN ON TRACK....whom are we talking about again....oh duh, the Daughters of St. Paul! Great Sisters, great mission, great everything. The Daughters are KEWL!!!

Laurentina1975

I was also reflecting back upon my visit there and realize now exactly what community is all about.
For a while, I didn't understand the meaning of community, like it didn't jive with my mind and heart. I had my own interpretation through visiting other communities, but never really felt community in my heart until I went there and saw the Sisters with one another. It was great! Sr. Margaret Michael (the Vocation Director) also led us in prayer many times during the retreat and is very reflective. She really is great in her ministry! It was so cool to finally meet her and talk to her in person. Sunday we took a trip to Boston and myself and another girl on the retreat wanted to stop for some Starbucks! So we got Sister a hot chai (she likes tea with milk I noticed) :) It was such a neat experience, one I will never forget.

God Bless.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Laurentina1975' post='953997' date='Apr 19 2006, 12:28 PM']
I was also reflecting back upon my visit there and realize now exactly what community is all about.
For a while, I didn't understand the meaning of community, like it didn't jive with my mind and heart. I had my own interpretation through visiting other communities, but never really felt community in my heart until I went there and saw the Sisters with one another. It was great! Sr. Margaret Michael (the Vocation Director) also led us in prayer many times during the retreat and is very reflective. She really is great in her ministry! It was so cool to finally meet her and talk to her in person. Sunday we took a trip to Boston and myself and another girl on the retreat wanted to stop for some Starbucks! So we got Sister a hot chai (she likes tea with milk I noticed) :) It was such a neat experience, one I will never forget.

God Bless.
[/quote]

IT was an PHENOMENAL blessing that I was able to go to Annie's reception last year and meet her blood sister who is a Daughter of Saint Paul, Sister Donna Jean. ANd it was even a MORE blessing that Sister Donna Jean, Betty (<Her mom), and I all got into the same car and went to the three day vocations camp. That is after we went to Burger King with the cashier's expression like, " :shock: " " :blink: " " :bigshock: " seeing a religious walk in and sit down, then when we came back, we prayed the Chaplet and went to Dairy Queen and had the most HILARIOUS longest laughing epidemic you can imagine!!!! :lol_pound:

Laurentina1975

Well I still have immense peace if that means anything.
The Sisters are here in Chicago, so it's all good!
I saw them yesterday at the IRL and talk to Sr. Helena a lot.
She sent me a text today wishing me a Happy Birthday even though
it isn't till April 30th! She was with Sr. An Mei at a seminar.
They're greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. :)
I noticed when I was at the IRL, I wasn't interested in
"shopping around".

I realized I never posted any pics from the retreat!

Here is one!

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/laurentina1975/HolyWeekRetreatGroup22006004.jpg[/img]

Laurentina1975

Since some of you liked that one, here is another.
Peace, Lauren

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/laurentina1975/HolyWeek2006004.jpg[/img]

Edited by Laurentina1975

I'm so happy that the peace is continuing in your heart even though it's been a while since you've been in Boston. I love the bunny picture!!! Hehe!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Laurentina1975' post='954588' date='Apr 19 2006, 09:18 PM']
That's cool I never knew Sr. Donna Jean had a Sister in religious life. What community?
[/quote]

Her name is Annie the now Sister Maria Caritas at the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist. :lol: