An Old School Catholic Message Board

High School Senior dating High School Freshman?

Parishner

Is it?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so i think a freshman high school student has a crush on me, and well i'm a high school senior. so i was wondering if it is wrong for a high school senior to date a high school freshman.

now take into consideration i am not in this for sex as our culture would portray. i just want to have a friend who's a girl that will do stuff with me, ie movies, etc. i'm looking for someone who shares the same interests as me, and everything and by no means do i want what our culture says is an appropriete relationship.

[size=1]I acctually had a friend who dated and 8th grader when she was a junior.
Same thing really, but blah.
I dunno...I think the two maturity levels would be way different.
For my friend though, the guy she dated was pretty mature I guess.
I dunno.

Personaly I am not sure...
But if you two like eachother, go ahead....
It really isnt a big deal once you two are both older...
[/size]

hmmm.. well, i wont make fun of you. but i ask, why not get a friend like that your own age? it just makes it look like, hey, they couldnt get someone their age, so they go for the younger ones. im not saying thats how i picture you, not at all. but im willing to say, that alot of people will view it that way. o, and im really not in favor of that at all. 17-14 or 18 14, just weeeeiird. sorry if this offends, im just too cluttered to think right now. i just got back from a party. :kitten: :cheers: :drunk: of course, those emoticons, are replaced with coke. same effects though :P:

heavenseeker

as lont as its not done to be takeing advantage of the freshmen then i dont see why not. i know couples with larger age differiences than that

I don't think they'res inherently wrong with it, but you will have different maturity levels. Well maybe. Girls do mature faster than boys supposedly. And actually, a lot of people I know of who dated when they were a couple years apart in high school worked out.

Edited by zunshynn

There's nothing wrong with having a younger friend. I have friends both older and younger than I am :)

However, though girls may mature faster, you still can be on a different page as the age concern goes. I remember being a freshman and liking a guy 3 years older than me. They say hindsight is 20/20, because I'm glad we never dated. He was too old for me. Now, I do have a boyfriend and we are both the same age. I like being the same age because we are going through things together. Like going to prom, graduating, looking at colleges, things like that. Before I dated him, I've had guys both younger and older interested in me, some pure, some not. However, I wanted someone I was already close friends with and someone who was my age, because again, we go through the same stuff together and help each other out.

Just my humble opinion. Pray about it and ask God if He wants you to date this young lady. Then, see where it leads.

God bless you and the girl :)

^dittoness to avemaria.

The only thing I have to add is this....and I'm a freshman girl myself....while you know that you're not in it for sex, not everyone else would know. Girls who date older guys like that often get judged and labeled with some not-so-nice terms that I'd rather not repeat, and people who don't know you or this girl very well might jump to false conclusions. While you would do nothing to ruin her reputation or stain her innocence, some of the gossiping and other junk she might possibly have to endure from others as a result of your relationship might hurt her.

This isn't always the case...it really depends on the situation. As ave said, pray about it and see where the Lord takes you. Good luck and God bless! :saint:

My girlfriend and I have the same age difference, however, we're in college. When we started dating, she was 18 and I was 21 (we've both had birthdays since).

I'm not sure whether a 14 year old would be mature enough to date a 17 year old. Furthermore, I generally advise against high-school relationships, I don't think it's a good time in life in which to date. Howvere those are just my opiniosn and are not absolute.

Oh, and on the whole "not in it for sex" aspect: I guess that my girlfriend and I manage to convey that to others by just being very open about the depth of our faith..... but then nearly everyone in college is in relationships for sex, so it's a different scenario.

[quote name='God the Father' post='1051715' date='Aug 27 2006, 06:10 PM']
I would make fun of you. I don't know if that makes it wrong, but just FYI.
[/quote]
yeah same here lol

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1052522' date='Aug 28 2006, 11:11 PM']
A high school freshman is too young to date ANYBODY!!!!
[/quote]
your opinion does not count :P: