An Old School Catholic Message Board

High School Senior dating High School Freshman?

Parishner

Is it?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1052582' date='Aug 29 2006, 01:02 AM']
your opinion does not count :P:
[/quote]

It sure counts a lot more than your does, because I have kids, and you are still wet behind the ears. :P: :D:

I was amazed to see last year (freshman year) how many girls in my class went out with upper classmen. The majority of them just do it to use the girls and they dont know any better and think they'll be considered cool cause they're going out witha senior. I'm not saying there cant be genuine love and honest intentions but for the most part I think its a bad idea.

Proud2BCatholic139

When I turned 18, 2 days before Christmas in 2005, I started dating a male who just turned 21. I was a college student and he just got out of the marines. It depends on your age level...When I was a freshman in high school, I thought it was wrong to go out with a senior, but then again, meh....

A senior dating a freshman, thats kind of risky with the age and all, but if her parents are cool with it then I don't see any problem with it. But as for me I knew my girl when I was a junior but I didn't get with her until after I had graduated, I was kind of worried at first, but sure enough it will be a year once November 2nd hits! plus she graduates in may of 07 as well! Things couldn't be better!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it all depends on the girls mentality, you never know what to expect, I mean it worked out for me after all!

but pray about it man!

[quote name='hayden' post='1054236' date='Aug 31 2006, 01:54 AM']
[mod]IP--inappropriate comments[/mod]

lol
jk
[/quote]
what does that put you at, 120%?

yeah the whole idea of dating in high school is weird...i don't do it! and i don't want to either, and i'm 16. i wouldn't date anybody younger then me. but i think people should wait a little longer. i think people should become good friends with the person before they even think about dating each other...

[size=1]If you HAVE to date someone older or younger than you, my only rule is that you TRY to get someone within the same decade as you!
[/size]

Proud2BCatholic139

This is written by Jason Every from www.pureloveclub.com

The reason why I found this was because of a certain situation and I laughed because it is true. (About the first question.)

Thank you, Jason Evert...:)

Thank you, Jason Evert!!!

www.pureloveclub.net

Q. What do you think about senior guys going out with freshman girls?

A. Oh, let me tell you! I recently heard an upper-classman guy say to his friend, "We already got all the senior and juniors. Let's go de-virginize the freshmen and sophomores." Granted, not all older guys are like this. But TONS of them are. They'll act all nice and flatter a girl with their attention. But they'll just wear down her innocence and leave her.

The younger girls often are naive enough to think that the guy is going to stay faithful to her for the next four years as he goes off to college. For some reason, the freshman girls rarely ask themselves, "When he meets all those college women next year, is he still going to keep perusing a high school sophomore?" If he does, then he's got some serious issues.

A young girl may get all excited that an older guy likes her, but she doesn't have the backbone to turn down his sexual advances. Usually, she ends up getting burned because she's trying to look for the love that her dad never gave her. The girl thinks she's really special for dating such a mature guy, but in reality, if he was so mature, he'd be dating someone his own age.

If you want to date a guy four years older, wait until your twenties.

Q. Where can I find a good guy? All the boys at school are interested in only one thing.

A. All women deserve a man who has one thing on his mind--being a pure gentleman. Wait for a such a man, and do not settle for less. You may be thinking, "Yeah, right. Where am I going to find a guy like that? I'll be in a nursing home by the time he shows up."

Relax. I constantly meet young men who ask me, "Where are all the modest girls out there? It seems like they're all just into the players and popularity." The fact is, there are plenty of great young guys. If you haven't found too many yet, don't worry. Your job is just to make sure you don't lower your standards in the meantime. Take your time now to establish your own identity instead of trying to find it in a relationship. Know your dreams, your goals, your standards, and yourself.

I firmly believe that the strongest marriages are those in which both the man and the woman, prior to marriage, embraced the gift of singleness. Often, we never accept this gift because we are waiting for the gift of marriage or exhausting ourselves maintaining passing relationships. But if a person does not learn to be content now, then when she is married, she may wish she were still single. After all, marriage does not change you internally; you are still the same person.

Besides, if a woman is happy and content in her present situation, she is more attractive. Before we can be happily married, we need to learn the art of being happily single. That way, our happiness is not dependent upon outside events but upon an inner joy.

The best husband and father will be a guy who has high standards. So be two of a kind. If you want a solid man, become a modest and strong woman. After all, men of virtue look for women of virtue. Imagine all of the characteristics that you look for in a spouse--that he be faithful, respectful, loving, innocent, and so on--and ask yourself, "Judging by the way I live, do I deserve a guy like this?" If not, become the woman who does. Everyone makes mistakes, but everyone is capable of choosing to live a virtuous life.

As you grow in virtue, this will have a tremendous impact on men. Many women become discouraged because of the kind of guys they meet at school. But the character of the men that a woman attracts largely rests in her hands. One woman said, "He will be as much of a gentleman as she requires."(1) The fact is that the male desire to please females is a basic one, and a woman who sets high standards will attract young men willing to meet them. If a young man wishes to enjoy a girl's presence, he will not be afraid to be a gentleman. If a woman says that this is unrealistic, she will continue to be frustrated and settle for less. If only young women realized their power to help boys become men!

Set the standard high. Look for a guy who takes the initiative to set wholesome guidelines for the relationship. Imagine if all the young women in a high school or college decided to do this. Sure, many of them might not have dates the next weekend, but it would send a clear message to the boys that girls are serious about being loved. Guys would soon be inspired to become worthy of a woman.

With all this having been said, I am well aware that simply being modest and pure does not guarantee that you will immediately find a great guy. We all know, as you said, that many guys only have one thing on their mind. To change that, women must work patiently and perseveringly, and they will be capable of a pure revolution.

To check out the advice I give the guys to find a good girl, click here.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1056275' date='Sep 3 2006, 09:31 PM']
My sister agrees... she'll be a HS soph this year.
You only say that because you disagree. :P:

Most of the people I know who are HS freshman/soph (and even jrs and some srs) are way to immature to handle a real relationship. People might not like to hear that, but its just a (sad?) fact of life.
[/quote]
And I know HS freshmen/soph that are more mature than some people in their mid-twenties. But thanks for the stereotype, thats what we really needed in this conversation :rolleyes: