An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ncyc

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1418969' date='Nov 13 2007, 08:40 PM']:unsure: i don't know if he heard. i'm taking today and tomorrow off. and when i get back, he's gone for the weekend. :cool:

and 1.5 hour drive is better than not being able to go to one at all.[/quote]
Well, of course a 1.5 hour drive is better than nothing...it's just that I have to arrange it somehow, and a bit secretively...hmmm...

Knight of the Holy Rosary

Yeah...I was extraordinarily uncomfortable with how the liturgy was handled...It was all over the place with the flailing sheets during the offertory and the paper doves during the procession...I don't know it seemed to be a bit much.

Lil Red...Did you go to Holy Family for the TLM?

[quote name='Knight of the Holy Rosary' post='1419012' date='Nov 13 2007, 08:56 PM']Yeah...I was extraordinarily uncomfortable with how the liturgy was handled...It was all over the place with the flailing sheets during the offertory and the paper doves during the procession...I don't know it seemed to be a bit much.
Lil Red...Did you go to Holy Family for the TLM?[/quote]
yes :yes:

it was beautiful.

and actually wasn't concerned as much as the liturgy as i was with 'saint veronica' and fr. tony who looked like he drove a jaguar and really wasn't all that humble. but his creation story was nice.

the closing liturgy i didn't really appreciate though.

but like i said, a lot of this stuff provided an opportunity for catechesis with my teens when we met in the evening for evening prayer. which was great that we got to do morning and evening prayer.

i also didn't appreciate when fr. tony brought up all the new orleans youth and had them bless the whole crowd like a priest would do. :no: that was not good.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1418970' date='Nov 13 2007, 07:41 PM']Well, of course a 1.5 hour drive is better than nothing...it's just that I have to arrange it somehow, and a bit secretively...hmmm...[/quote]

is there something else in the town it's held at that they would want to go to? then you could just sneak it in?

Knight of the Holy Rosary

Wow! I was near the front row at the same Mass at Holy Family...someone told me there was a group from NCYC their.

Yeah, the St. Veronica thing...I heard about that. What was he thinking? :confused:

Thy Geekdom Come

Not to judge the people at the conference, but some of the things they did were wrong.

Okay, yeah...Fr. Tony was humorous, but I was a bit perplexed by the whole, "you will never meet a priest more proud or more humble than me!" I understand that his point was that you can be proud of being Catholic and still be a humble person, but it was a little odd to hold himself up like that as the model of of humility.

As for the "Saint Veronica" thing...that was just pure emotionalism...he probably confused a lot of teenagers and he had no right to do that, regardless of the tragedy that happened.

We shouldn't expect much better, though...we live in a generation in which the catechists themselves aren't well-catechized. I mean, I was never even really catechized...everything I know I learned from figuring it out on my own with the sources the Church provides.

Anyway, I think the whole thing was a bit shaky at parts. I can't wait until all the people who graduate from FUS start infiltrating the national catechetical leadership (which is still largely run by non-habited nuns and others who don't place much on orthodoxy or orthopraxis).

[quote name='Raphael' post='1419334' date='Nov 14 2007, 12:38 PM']I can't wait until all the people who graduate from FUS start infiltrating the national catechetical leadership (which is still largely run by non-habited nuns and others who don't place much on orthodoxy or orthopraxis).[/quote]

i have an aunt who is a non-habited nun with very extreme views. i am so scared to think she is out there working with people and running things. i'm with you. i have had several friends that went to steubie and if/when they take over...that's gonna be exciting to watch :)