An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ncyc

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='sweetpea316' post='1418714' date='Nov 13 2007, 01:45 PM']No. :(

But hi Micah! :bye:[/quote]
Hi! I told him to say hi for me...hmmm...

[quote name='Raphael' post='1418366' date='Nov 12 2007, 06:56 PM']When did you have a panic attack? You looked perfectly chipper to me every time we met up.[/quote]
friday afternoon.

i looked chipper? :blink:

[quote name='dUSt' post='1418648' date='Nov 13 2007, 09:38 AM']I'm so sorry Lil Red. I should have warned you that my ridiculously good looks will often have that effect on humans of the female persuasion.[/quote]
:rolleyes: yeah, that must've been it. :mellow:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1418754' date='Nov 13 2007, 02:59 PM']friday afternoon.

i looked chipper? :blink:[/quote]
Yeah...I haven't used that word in a while...did it go out of style?

You seemed happy and excited. What happened Friday? You looked just fine, I thought.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1418758' date='Nov 13 2007, 02:03 PM']Yeah...I haven't used that word in a while...did it go out of style?

You seemed happy and excited. What happened Friday? You looked just fine, I thought.[/quote]
there was a crush by the port discovery, with too many people and not enough air.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1418836' date='Nov 13 2007, 04:30 PM']there was a crush by the port discovery, with too many people and not enough air.[/quote]
Ah...yeah, it did get packed from time to time, but I'm not really claustrophobic.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1418884' date='Nov 13 2007, 05:53 PM']what's NCYC?[/quote]

the [url="http://www.nfcym.org/ncyc/2007/index.htm"]National Catholic Youth Conference[/url]...lots of Catholic speakers, musicians, talks, concerts and booths..every two years hosted in a different state/diocese

Thy Geekdom Come

Was anyone else uncomfortable with how far they bent the liturgy to be multi-cultural and youth oriented? I feel like, had I been a minority or a teen, I would have just felt like they were patronizing me.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Raphael' post='1418910' date='Nov 13 2007, 06:36 PM']Was anyone else uncomfortable with how far they bent the liturgy to be multi-cultural and youth oriented? I feel like, had I been a minority or a teen, I would have just felt like they were patronizing me.[/quote]

They do that every year they have it. I guess its one of those things they like to stress and promote at their events. Which is why i'm not too crazy about the conference overall... :idontknow: well that and other things. lol But I *do* like it for the positives its has...

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1418912' date='Nov 13 2007, 06:39 PM']They do that every year they have it. I guess its one of those things they like to stress and promote at their events. Which is why i'm not too crazy about the conference overall... :idontknow: well that and other things. lol But I do like it for the positives its has...[/quote]
Yeah, it has positives...I just can't help thinking that if the catechetical leaders in this country were a little more orthodox and a bit more traditional, it would go a lot better. They think the youth of this generation want to be catered to, which isn't exactly correct...they want to be a part of something big, and making the whole conference about "celebrating us" just detracts from celebrating God.

I don't know...I just thought it could have been a lot better.

There was one speaker, though, who mentioned that catechists aren't doing a good job of teaching what we believe about contraception and I'm surprised nobody got up and walked out...good for that speaker. I wanted to thank her, but I had to go before the end of her session.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Raphael' post='1418916' date='Nov 13 2007, 06:46 PM']Yeah, it has positives...I just can't help thinking that if the catechetical leaders in this country were a little more orthodox and a bit more traditional, it would go a lot better. They think the youth of this generation want to be catered to, which isn't exactly correct...they want to be a part of something big, and making the whole conference about "celebrating us" just detracts from celebrating God.

I don't know...I just thought it could have been a lot better.

There was one speaker, though, who mentioned that catechists aren't doing a good job of teaching what we believe about contraception and I'm surprised nobody got up and walked out...good for that speaker. I wanted to thank her, but I had to go before the end of her session.[/quote]

I wouldn't think anyone would walk out because someone said that...the ppl who attend and speak are not liberal but pretty devout.

i thought there was some not good stuff, but it was an opportunity for education when i gathered with my students at the end of the night. plus they really enjoyed the TLM on Sunday. :cool:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1418932' date='Nov 13 2007, 07:09 PM']i thought there was some not good stuff, but it was an opportunity for education when i gathered with my students at the end of the night. plus they really enjoyed the TLM on Sunday. :cool:[/quote]
Sweet...did the pastor hear about it?

I'm hoping to sneak my youth out to a TLM one Sunday, but it's a 1.5 hour drive to get to the nearest one.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1418933' date='Nov 13 2007, 06:13 PM']Sweet...did the pastor hear about it?

I'm hoping to sneak my youth out to a TLM one Sunday, but it's a 1.5 hour drive to get to the nearest one.[/quote]
:unsure: i don't know if he heard. i'm taking today and tomorrow off. and when i get back, he's gone for the weekend. :cool:

and 1.5 hour drive is better than not being able to go to one at all.