An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life Can Be Tough

BlueRose

What's the Toughest thing you deal with as a teen?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='~*AnCoRa33*~' date='Jun 23 2004, 01:59 AM'] I could have voted so many, but I chose the "not being understood"

I come from a "good family" and i know it!! My family is GREAT... but because of that, people assume that I don't have any problems or that if I do I talk to my parents..... I go to a private Catholic school, so there is alot of one-on-one attention........ but I don't get it because I'm a "good girl". I'm thirteen, and they think I don't have problems...... I'm also the middle child and the only "calm one" in the fam so I have to keep up a good front and, well, honestly, some of the things I kind of..... don't want to talk to my parents about..... its just weird........ I had this one teacher (he's 25) that I really liked, I talked to him, but now, school's out and even still, he never understood me.

Here's an example of....... not being understood....: I am planning on going to a boarding school in Rhode Island this coming school year. I'll talk to my family 45min. every week, see them 5 days at Christmas, Thanksgiving and 2 weeks in the summer!! I am 13, and I am leaving my family!!!! On top of that, after I leave, they are moving to another state!!!!! Everybody thinks I'm so GREAT for knowing what I want to do and leaving home...... but honestly, I know I'm suppossed to be here, but I feel SO PRESSURED to go (My sister just graduated from there)
Everyone just thinks that I'm GREAT about it and there's no doubt in my mind, AND THERE REALLY ISN'T, I just need someone to talk to about it....

Anyway..... that really didn't make any sense....... but I'll try and sort it out later, I'm getting kind of emotional right now......... I NEED A HUG!!!

Pax Christi,
Rebecca
<>< [/quote]
If you ever wanna chat about this, I'd be happy to. I went to boarding school at the age of 10, and its hard. Isn't there anywhere closer to home you could go. Feel free to PM me if you want.
*hugz*

~*AnCoRa33*~

[quote name='lanie' date='Jun 29 2004, 04:05 PM'] If you ever wanna chat about this, I'd be happy to. I went to boarding school at the age of 10, and its hard. Isn't there anywhere closer to home you could go. Feel free to PM me if you want.
*hugz* [/quote]
:D Thanks!! This is a Regnum Christi boarding school for girls to discern what God wants them to do.... But that doesn't make it any easier!!!!!!!!!! I leave on July 21st for a 4 week program to discern if God is calling me to the school... then come home for 5 days then leave!!! :sadder: It gets REALLY HARD though, EVERYDAY, my Mom will tell me how much she's going to miss me and what a great help I am and how hard it's going to be when I leave, etc...... She says she's okay with me going but....... I wonder...
Then again, after I leave, my family will be moving to Oklahoma, my sister is going to college and my other sister is going to become Consecrated!!! So, there will be just 12 and 4 yr. old boys and an 8 yr. old girl at home... my fam will be kissing the three teenagers good-bye in ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sometimes wonder if I can do it!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN I DO IT?!?!?! Especially with the move, when I come home, I WON'T KNOW ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!! :sadder: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, the hardest thing I have dealt with is fundamentally low self esteem and more specifically shyness and a lack of social skills that really have me in a pattern of not talking at school enough when I need to, especially to defend the faith, or be friendly towards others. As bad is that is the Lord has used my negative feeligns to prompt me to rely on Him for my self-worth, and nobody else. Though I still struggle and am still am sinful, and very shy at times, the solid faith the Lord has given me in his Church, allows me never to give up and to keep fighting the battle.

• 11 years later...
IgnatiusofLoyola

my teen years were way back in the ice age...i can't remember what issues i had then...

I had to fight dinosaurs on my way to school and I had back problems from carrying all those heavy stone tablets. :P

Actually, I had most of the problems on the list except doing bad things. I was such a goody-goody I was obnoxious (yes, even more obnoxious than I am now) and I got straight A's without having to work very hard or pay much attention so you would have hated me. I had scoliosis so I had to wear one of those back braces with a chin rest, along with braces on my teeth. Needless to say no boy would give me a second look. You couldn't pay me to be a teenager again, except that I didn't appreciate my body (minus the scoliosis, of course). Unfortunately, the bad news is that being an adult is just as difficult, only that the problems are different (and ideally, you have more resources to deal with your problems). I'm glad no one told me as a teenager that it was also tough to be an adult, or I would have been even more depressed than I was already.

Ignore me. I'm just a little "ray of sunshine" today. :(

Not A Mallard

My biggest issue was loneliness, often connected to unrequited crushes.

Not sure if I'd call myself "lonely", but I can relate to the reasoning.