An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life Can Be Tough

BlueRose

What's the Toughest thing you deal with as a teen?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

not ultimate basketball....it was something else & I forgot what it was!

oh yea...the brigade!lol

lol great song!....ya gotta love 'em!..they're great.....also listening to things like God Of Wonders, and Prince of Peace..of & Without You...they are great...if you feel stressed...adoration & praying the rosary ALWAYS seem to help me.

Searcher825

I think the toughest thing I've had to deal w is self worthesteem. It takes alot for me to admit that I am a child of God and that He loves me.. I get really down on myself when I screw up and I am harder on myself than I should be. FroshSoph year I got so stressed out over school that I had high blood pressure. I started to get migrains.. I would get sick before tests bc I would worry about them so much. I measured myself by my grades. I did the same with sports.. I measured myself by how well I did on the team. If I didn't do well, then I wasn't good at anything. I had to have sugery on my ankle and that really tore me up. (now I realize it was God's way of making me take a break) Sometimes I don't feel that I contribute anything to anything. I don't know what I have to give. I don't have any talent that sticks out... like what my purpose is sorta thing... I don't understand what of God's work I'm sopposed to be doing. Again, I know I'm a child of God and I'm here bc He made me... and it's all good. I'm okay now, but it's a cross I will bear forever. My ym once said we are human BEINGS not human DOINGS. I always feel I have to be doing something but sometimes I'm doing something when I'm just being me. That's the same for everyone...Whenever I forget about that though I think about the song "Go and Be" by Audio Adrenaline

you're like a letter that's never mailed

you're like a hammer without a nail

you've been standing in this place for far too long

you come to the table and you get fed

then you hide it inside your head

so why not open up and start to run

(chorus)

go and be

nothing less than you

'cause you begin in Him

He'll show you what you need to know

to go and be

every single day

go and be

you're like a winner without a prize

like a bird without a sky

you're not into the race until you run

so run with your life and you will find

all the things that you leave behind

don't mean that much when everything's brand new

go and be

nothing less than you

cause you begin in Him

to go and be

every single day

who you are in Him

go and be

will you be the one

to come and see

will you be the one

to go and be

go and be

nothing less than you

cause you begin in Him

to go and be

every single day

who you are in Him

one who loves as Jesus loves

now go and be

nothing less than you

go and be

nothing less than true

would you come and see

all there is to be

come and see

go and be

Yeah of that rambling makes no sense it's bc I tried to sum it all up in one little paragraph so I wouldn't bore u all to death!

Oh and whenever I get stressed about something I just take time out and pray about it. It's the best anti-stress. I try not to worry about plans or make them and stuff...bc if you don't plan things out too much it's easier to see God's plan. At least for me, I know when I try to plan things out I try to take too much control of them and I get upset when things don't go the way I want them to go bc I forget that they aren't my plans and I'm never the one in control..and prayer helps me realize that He's the one running things, not me.

GodsThespianChic

Wow, Searcher, I'm....I don't know a word for it.

When times get tough, you know exactly what you need to do. My problem is that I get so overwhelmed that I forget what to do. I'll end up just crying my eyes out and trying to figure out a solution (without God) and it really just doesn't work. So who knows...We'll all get through this mad, crazy world together.

BTW...great song!

that's an amesome song & it's funny, b/c I can never get through hard times WITHOUT crying...it's like that's all I have left to do...but GOd gave us tears, not to well up in our eyes & throat, but the cry them out b/c it'll make us feel better.

GodsThespianChic

Tears might help you feel better emotionally...but they hurt you physically...ya know, when your eyes get all swollen and hurt to look at any light!

Searcher825

I'm not much of a crier, in fact it took a long time to realize that it is okay to cry. So crieing, is fine.. in fact if you feel like crying you shouldn't hold it back you should just cry.. but just don't forget God. He will comfort you. But weather you remember Him or not He's there, that's the amesome thing..

GodsThespianChic

Yep, He's always there whether you wanna think He is or not. And that IS def. the cool part of Him!!

yes it is the cool part...but sometimes it gets me down b/c I feel like if I do, or say something bad in His presence, I feel like I let Him down, & that feeling STINKS!

GodsThespianChic

Yeah, but He's also soo loving and so forgiving that He will forgive you...if you ask...and I think that's amesome. Cuz God don't hold grudges if you're sorry, and He knows if you are or not...because He can always look into your heart. God is Love...so it's kinda comforting.

• 11 months later...
~*AnCoRa33*~

I could have voted so many, but I chose the "not being understood"

I come from a "good family" and i know it!! My family is GREAT... but because of that, people assume that I don't have any problems or that if I do I talk to my parents..... I go to a private Catholic school, so there is alot of one-on-one attention........ but I don't get it because I'm a "good girl". I'm thirteen, and they think I don't have problems...... I'm also the middle child and the only "calm one" in the fam so I have to keep up a good front and, well, honestly, some of the things I kind of..... don't want to talk to my parents about..... its just weird........ I had this one teacher (he's 25) that I really liked, I talked to him, but now, school's out and even still, he never understood me.

Here's an example of....... not being understood....: I am planning on going to a boarding school in Rhode Island this coming school year. I'll talk to my family 45min. every week, see them 5 days at Christmas, Thanksgiving and 2 weeks in the summer!! I am 13, and I am leaving my family!!!! On top of that, after I leave, they are moving to another state!!!!! Everybody thinks I'm so GREAT for knowing what I want to do and leaving home...... but honestly, I know I'm suppossed to be here, but I feel SO PRESSURED to go (My sister just graduated from there)
Everyone just thinks that I'm GREAT about it and there's no doubt in my mind, AND THERE REALLY ISN'T, I just need someone to talk to about it....

Anyway..... that really didn't make any sense....... but I'll try and sort it out later, I'm getting kind of emotional right now......... I NEED A HUG!!!

Pax Christi,
Rebecca
<><

crusader1234

I couldn't handle boarding school, if I ever left home I'd totally ditch education. :sweat:

So far I've been having trouble with my close friends picking a side in a fight (two of us within the group fought and I guess I lost)... but I'm none to concerned about that.

My parents aren't exactly a perfect couple, but I deal with that.

What I cant stand abuot being a teen is hormones. Not only does it give you acne and stuff (luckily I dont have to deal with this) but it totally wreaks havoc on your soul. I can deal with just about anything but how do you fight chemicals? Sexual urges and all that drive me nuts. I can't wait till im 90 years old and my wife is wrinkeled and we'll be too tired to be attracted to anything. :sweat: (Just kidding, I only want adolescence to end... although I do wish I could just retire and play golf)