An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life Can Be Tough

BlueRose

What's the Toughest thing you deal with as a teen?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My toughest thing I face as a teen ( turns 20 in Nov. ) is College. Coming from a single parent household and depending completely on the scholarships I received to put me through college practically sent me into a complete stage of stress my entire senior year of high school. Well, that was over a year ago now, I just finished my first year of Pre-Vet Med. and now I face yet another stressing thing. Applying for Vet. school in a few years !!!! Its tougher to get into Vet school then into Med School because there are only 28 Vet schools in the US compared to the many Med. Schools. I'm dependent on getting a job in a Vet. Clinic because without that work experience I won't even have a chance of gettin accepted in. Soooo as you can tell I'll be stressed until I get that job and know for sure that I'm in Vet. School lol

GodsThespianChic

Hi StColette...I totally feel you on the single parent thing. I'm having to totally depend on scholarships and student loans too. I have my senior year ahead of me, and I'm going to be trying to get scholarships and financial aid the whole time.

~*AnCoRa33*~

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M STRESSING HERE!!!!!!!!!! I go away on the July 21st to discern if I REALLY am going to go to this school!! I'LL BE GONE FOR FOUR WEEKS!!!! AND I CAN ONLY WEAR SKIRTS!!!!!!!!!!! MY MOM WON'T TAKE ME SHOPPING!!! EVEN IF SHE DID, THER ARE NO GOOD, MODEST, NOT-TRENDY, SKIRTS OUT THERE!!!!!!! AND, NOT ONLY AM I LEAVING HOME FOR 4 WEEKS, BUT MY NEICES, WHO I HAVEN'T SEEN IN FOREVER, ARE COMING THE DAY I LEAVE!!!!!!! YET, PEOPLE WONDER WHY I AM A WRECK AND AM STRESSED!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME!!!!!!!!!!

My problem is that a year and a half ago me and my family had horrible financial problems, and we moved back to Texas. Mama was going to home-school me but she had to get a job so she trusted me to do my work while she and Daddy were at work. Well, I was extremely lazy and didn't do any school work at all for a year. We weren't enrolled in a home-schooling course so I didn't think it was far to do old work we had and then go to a new school and go in as a senior. It was that and the fact that I was lazy.

So, anyway, I stayed home for a year, and the only friends I've had for a year and a half (besides online friends) were my cousin and another friend. For a long time, I would go to Mary's (my cousin) house and spend the day with her. Sometimes we'd hang out with Mary's friend but they're SO WEIRD, and I want some CATHOLIC FRIENDS. Recently, she's gotten a boyfriend and never puts away any time for me. e.e

I don't like him at all. He's rude, and he flirts with me (he's not attractive at all so I'm not bragging. :P) by trying to hug me or touch me (not in any place questionable). If I said he was flirting with me, Mary would just say "Oh, he does that with everyone." That would be my cue to break up him right away. o_o Mary pays for EVERYTHING and drives him EVERYWHERE. Granted that he's younger than she is (which I don't aggree with either, not at this age, anyway), and it just makes me furious. :angry:

So, since she's gotten her boyfriend, I barely see her, and I don't set foot outside the house, unless I go somewhere with my parents. Luckily, I have my brother with me to keep me sane.

I'm really, really shy. I recently decided that God wanted me to go to the youth groups held in the neighboring town (our church doesn't have one) so I'll make some new friends. I noticed that one of the admin. people at phatmass was the youth minister at the town next to mine so I e-mailed him about it. He told me to come and join and also come to a retreat they're having. One of my friends was gonna go with me but he parents won't let her anymore. I keep thinking that maybe God wants me to do this by myself. I want some good Catholic friends (that's why I come here a lot), and my friend that was coming with me isn't a very good Catholic so maybe He just wants me to do this by myself or something....

I am going to school this fall, though, so I'll have yet another opportunity to make my own friends. I'll have eight people in my class. :P It's a tiny christian school near my house. I can't wait 'til I get to go, though. I'm going to work my tale off.

Eh, I'm ranting and syaing stuff I shouldn't (about Mary's boyfriend). Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my long, boring post. :3 I don't know y'all very much but I really like coming here because y'all are so nice (and Catholic. Muwahah.) .

[quote name='GodsThespianChic' date='Jun 26 2004, 07:57 PM'] Hi StColette...I totally feel you on the single parent thing. I'm having to totally depend on scholarships and student loans too. I have my senior year ahead of me, and I'm going to be trying to get scholarships and financial aid the whole time. [/quote]
If you need any help with any scholarship or fin. aid stuff let me know ^_^

:sadder: the worst thing about being a teen for me is that I have so many friends that have a lot of family problems and I listen to all of them and try to help them by loving them or doind something tha makes them feel good. But it just hurts me when I cant do anything for them because they are in such a bad position. I just cry about it and play to god to make their lifes better.

[quote name='baby C' date='Jun 28 2004, 04:50 PM'] :sadder: the worst thing about being a teen for me is that I have so many friends that have a lot of family problems and I listen to all of them and try to help them by loving them or doind something tha makes them feel good. But it just hurts me when I cant do anything for them because they are in such a bad position. I just cry about it and play to god to make their lifes better. [/quote]
COMPLETELY AGREED.

Out of a group of 15 friends, only mine and another girl's parents aren't divorced, and my friends are always hurt and angry and bitter at their dad because he spends more time with his girlfriend's kids than with her, or because her mom went on vacation with her boyfriend and left her with a granparent...I just try to be there for them, but they tell me "You don't understand" because my parents are not divorced. :(

One of my friend's mother used to beat her and now she lives with her dad who also occasionally beats her and she is an amazing person but then she just shuts down and won't respond...last time she talked to her mom was March and her Mom told her she wished she was dead :( :( :(

I try to be there for them and just pray a lot...but I wish there was more I could do.

little_angel202

the hardest thing for me is staying close to God !! its realy hard when your a teenager 'coz theres soooooo many temtations

The hardest things I've had to deal with are Self harm and my lack of faith, both of which are problems at the moment. So I voted the last option. Life smells of elderberries, as does being a teenager.