An Old School Catholic Message Board

Peta Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

homeschoolmom

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1663402' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:44 AM']which means no meat.[/quote]
for you...

Don't hijack my thread.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1662678' date='Sep 24 2008, 12:57 PM']You can buy milk directly from a family farm you know and then you can feel secure in knowing that the cows were properly cared for...... There. Problem solved.[/quote]

That's what I've started doing. Largely because I can know what processes the cows/my milk is going through. I want the healthiest milk for my family and this is it.

And as for jokes... I have my doubts about PETA ever joking about this kind of thing.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1663479' date='Sep 25 2008, 12:42 PM']That's what I've started doing. Largely because I can know what processes the cows/my milk is going through. I want the healthiest milk for my family and this is it.

And as for jokes... I have my doubts about PETA ever joking about this kind of thing.[/quote]

That's awesome that you buy from family farms. This is a joke though, most of PETA's campaigns like this are jokes just to draw attention to the issue. They're very tongue in cheek. Usually they are pretty silly, but I'm sure somewhere along the line they spark someone to look at an issue they otherwise wouldn't look into, so I'm fine with it. I like that there is a sense of humor to it. -Katie

KnightofChrist

Yeah it could be a joke, but PETA should understand these types of things just makes them look like complete idiots.

Edited by KnightofChrist

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1663796' date='Sep 25 2008, 08:48 PM']That's awesome that you buy from family farms. This is a joke though, most of PETA's campaigns like this are jokes just to draw attention to the issue. They're very tongue in cheek. Usually they are pretty silly, but I'm sure somewhere along the line they spark someone to look at an issue they otherwise wouldn't look into, so I'm fine with it. I like that there is a sense of humor to it. -Katie[/quote]

Well after their Blessed Mother holding a dead chicken and Jesus "was a vegetarian" stunts I really have no respect for them nor do I think that they are joking. Go ahead and tell yourself that they are... I'm just not buying it.

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1662534' date='Sep 24 2008, 03:48 AM']As for a name I would call it

"I can't beleive it's not udder"[/quote]
This one's good! :smokey:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1663855' date='Sep 25 2008, 09:17 PM']Well after their Blessed Mother holding a dead chicken and Jesus "was a vegetarian" stunts I really have no respect for them nor do I think that they are joking. Go ahead and tell yourself that they are... I'm just not buying it.[/quote]

Some people were convinced they were really bein told they should eat their children, too, so you're not alone. :P

I really thought that this thread would be full of funny ice cream names! All this talk about peta makes me nuts. Don't harm animals ..........unless you are going to eat them. :carebear: :eat: :rabbit: :fish: :froggy: :pigfly: :elmo:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1664033' date='Sep 26 2008, 03:01 AM']Some people were convinced they were really bein told they should eat their children, too, so you're not alone. :P[/quote]

[quote name='Sarah_JC' post='1664117' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:34 PM']Peta makes vegetarians look bad. :fishslap:

In fact, I think Peta is the vegetarian equivalent of the argument "For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three." So blindingly stupid I never know what to say.[/quote]

Thank you Sarah. THIS was my point in bringing up the Mary and Jesus ads. PETA's antics leave them with no credibility. Do they honestly think a so-called joke is a good way to raise awareness of poor treatment of animals? It doesn't, it just makes them look like a pack of idiots. Who sends a "joke" letter to CEO's of companies and expects them to take some real action about it? :rolleyes: I'm not a vegetarian (I might starve to death if I were), but I prefer to know that my foods comes from good farms. PETA and their ilk aren't helping the farmers who are doing things the right way.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Sarah_JC' post='1664118' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:37 PM']Some variation of "World's Best Ice cream?"[/quote]

:hehe: Mom's Best.