An Old School Catholic Message Board

Peta Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

homeschoolmom

Well, I am in favor of human breast milk. In fact, I am so committed to this idea that once this becomes a widespread practice, I will quit my current job and get into the dairy milking business.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='dUSt' post='1664282' date='Sep 26 2008, 03:26 PM']Well, I am in favor of human breast milk. In fact, I am so committed to this idea that once this becomes a widespread practice, I will quit my current job and get into the dairy milking business.[/quote]

:blink:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='dUSt' post='1664286' date='Sep 26 2008, 03:29 PM']You heard me.[/quote]

How's your wife feel about that? Being a farmer's wife is hard work.

[color="#FF0000"]"Mature" (and yet immature) Content
May be inappropriate for people under the age of 16 or so
Read at your own risk[/color]

[mod]inappropriate jokes -777[/mod]

+J.M.J.+
[quote name='dUSt' post='1664282' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:26 PM']Well, I am in favor of human breast milk. In fact, I am so committed to this idea that once this becomes a widespread practice, I will quit my current job and get into the dairy milking business.[/quote]
:huh:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1664287' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:31 PM']How's your wife feel about that? Being a farmer's wife is hard work.[/quote]
:hehe:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1664287' date='Sep 26 2008, 02:31 PM']How's your wife feel about that? Being a farmer's wife is hard work.[/quote]
She will be my top producer, and act as an example to all of the other dairy producers I will be in charge of milking.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='dUSt' post='1664306' date='Sep 26 2008, 03:53 PM']She will be my top producer, and act as an example to all of the other dairy producers I will be in charge of milking.[/quote]

Wow. Well there's a woman I can admire. Your wife is awesome.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1664308' date='Sep 26 2008, 02:54 PM']Wow. Well there's a woman I can admire. Your wife is awesome.[/quote]
If by "awesome" you meant, "key to my financial freedom and future earning potential", then yes, she is awesome.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='dUSt' post='1664309' date='Sep 26 2008, 03:56 PM']If by "awesome" you meant, "key to my financial freedom and future earning potential", then yes, she is awesome.[/quote]

That, too. Plus, she's, like, four times cooler than I am.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1664311' date='Sep 26 2008, 02:59 PM']That, too. Plus, she's, like, four times cooler than I am.[/quote]
This is true, since you only have about 1/4 of the eumelanin that she has.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='dUSt' post='1664315' date='Sep 26 2008, 04:03 PM']This is true, since you only have about 1/4 of the eumelanin that she has.[/quote]

:yes:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1664259' date='Sep 26 2008, 03:13 PM']Thank you Sarah. THIS was my point in bringing up the Mary and Jesus ads. PETA's antics leave them with no credibility. Do they honestly think a so-called joke is a good way to raise awareness of poor treatment of animals? It doesn't, it just makes them look like a pack of idiots. Who sends a "joke" letter to CEO's of companies and expects them to take some real action about it? :rolleyes: I'm not a vegetarian (I might starve to death if I were), but I prefer to know that my foods comes from good farms. PETA and their ilk aren't helping the farmers who are doing things the right way.[/quote]

I agree that those ads were out of line (though I don't think they were intentionally malicious, just ignorant and in really bad taste) and I do think some of their campaigns are lame but I think their main target with the joke/tongue in cheek campaigns is the general public, not the CEOs of companies. I belong to PETA and in cases where specific action needs to be taken they send updates and info on where to send letters of complaint and whatnot. Some of their antics are a little stupid, but I do like the fact that they are whistleblowers, I think we need that. They have actually had a lot of success in calling companies out and having reforms take place, which is the main standard by which I judge them. -Katie

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1664289' date='Sep 26 2008, 01:33 PM'][color="#FF0000"]"Mature" (and yet immature) Content
May be inappropriate for people under the age of 16 or so
Read at your own risk[/color]

[mod]inappropriate jokes -777[/mod][/quote]

Sorry. :(

PETA should encourage Ben & Jerry's to stop supporting Planned Parenthood, too. But they won't, and Ben & Jerry's wouldn't listen to that, either.