An Old School Catholic Message Board

Labruzzo's Plan Would Pay Poor Women To Be Sterilized

DiscerningSoul

princessgianna

[quote name='Majella' post='1663274' date='Sep 24 2008, 11:16 PM']Must be a friend of Margeret Sanger:Get rid of the poor, the blacks, and the insane!
Incidentally, Margeret Sanger was a great admirer of Adolf Hitler( until he became too obvious in what he was doing)![/quote]
wow another person actually has heard of that besides me :shock: (i have had friends tell me that that was a lie and she was a good person !

you should take a look at the case Buck v. Bell.

Supreme Court in the 20's-30's decision saying that forcefully sterilizing mental patients was ok and not a violation of their constitutional rights.

That case is still on the books - never been overturned.

[quote name='rkwright' post='1666301' date='Sep 29 2008, 11:43 AM']you should take a look at the case Buck v. Bell.

Supreme Court in the 20's-30's decision saying that forcefully sterilizing mental patients was ok and not a violation of their constitutional rights.

That case is still on the books - never been overturned.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:sadder:

edit: found it on [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_v_Bell"]wikipedia.[/url]

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1666285' date='Sep 29 2008, 12:03 PM']Immoral of course they will always be amongst us---- we are all sinners, but these kinds of people have not always been amongst us.... and we should no put up with them when they are.

I will have to check on the story about Vlad..... that really doesn't sound like him. I mena he was mean enough for htat, I just can't see him doing that to the poor. Nobles who ticked him off, sure, poor people, not his style. But it's possible, still everybody picks on Vlad.[/quote]

I will try to find the source a little later and pm you.

Unfortunately, my source is not the internet, but a series of books that are currently in my storage until the 1st of december.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Didacus' post='1666802' date='Sep 30 2008, 08:29 AM']I will try to find the source a little later and pm you.

Unfortunately, my source is not the internet, but a series of books that are currently in my storage until the 1st of december.[/quote]

Ah believe me, i understand.

[quote name='StColette' post='1664415' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:24 PM']And it's not one of the countries most "Catholic" regions. Most of the "Catholics" there are dwindling in numbers greatly to Evangelical churches. You must also take into account that the majority of these people are poorly catechized given the time period in which they were raised or are being raised.[/quote]

Sounds pretty Catholic to me...

What I meant is that it's one of the most culturally and historically Catholic areas of the country. Of course, like most historically and culturally Catholics areas of the world, it's not so much today, but there are still many more practicing Catholics in New Orleans than Nashville.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1666825' date='Sep 30 2008, 09:40 AM']Sounds pretty Catholic to me...

What I meant is that it's one of the most culturally and historically Catholic areas of the country. Of course, like most historically and culturally Catholics areas of the world, it's not so much today, but there are still many more practicing Catholics in New Orleans than Nashville.[/quote]

True, but it's not the Catholic land that everyone makes it out to be. Historically and culturally speaking New Orleans is very Catholic and it has had that label for some time now given it's past history. But, sadly just like what is happening in Central America many Catholics are switching to evangelical churches so the Catholic population there is dwindling rapidly.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1664220' date='Sep 26 2008, 01:21 PM']+J.M.J.+
wouldn't his plan bring up a lot of bad memories in the South? correct me someone if i'm wrong, but didn't they forcibly sterilize black women in the South back in the 30s and 40s? :unsure: someone help me out.[/quote]

Yep. After we had a kid, the doctor would perform this against her will, and against her knowledge.

I'm at work, but I will find more info about it for you...but here is a tad bit of information for you.

[url="http://mississippiappendectomy.wordpress.com/2007/11/19/black-women-in-the-1960s-and-1970s/"]Sterilization of Women[/url]

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1666809' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:49 AM']Ah believe me, i understand.[/quote]

Here is a quick reference to it:

[quote]BURNING OF UNFORTUNATE ONES

Vlad got upset at the increase of cripples, beggars, poor and vagrants upon his land. He was very obsessive regarding that all worked and contributed equally. So he offered up a great feast in a great hall in Tirgoviste, saying that no one should go hungry in his land.

The people who were made up of those unfortunate souls that were poor and crippled ate and drank late into the night when suddenly Vlad made an appearance. He asked them "What else do you desire? Do you want to be without cares and lacking nothing in this world?". The crowd were fooled by his question and rose up and answered that they did indeed. Vlad then ordered the hall boarded up and set on fire. No one escaped. Vlad explained his actions saying he did it "in order that they represent no further burden to other men so that no one will be poor in my realm". I think Vlad was reincarnated later as Hitler.[/quote]

[url="http://www.castleofspirits.com/vlad.html"]Link[/url]

Thnk Hitler reincarnated again? Maybe not the man, but the spirit that drove him never ceases...

Back to you Bob...

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1666832' date='Sep 30 2008, 09:15 AM']Yep. After we had a kid, the doctor would perform this against her will, and against her knowledge.

I'm at work, but I will find more info about it for you...but here is a tad bit of information for you.

[url="http://mississippiappendectomy.wordpress.com/2007/11/19/black-women-in-the-1960s-and-1970s/"]Sterilization of Women[/url][/quote]

It does seem history is repeating itself.
The similarities with 1920s Germany are almost eerie.

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1666832' date='Sep 30 2008, 08:15 AM']Yep. After we had a kid, the doctor would perform this against her will, and against her knowledge.

[url="http://mississippiappendectomy.wordpress.com/2007/11/19/black-women-in-the-1960s-and-1970s/"]Sterilization of Women[/url][/quote]
+J.M.J.+
ah, thank you!