An Old School Catholic Message Board

Beards

kafka

[quote name='picchick' post='1667272' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:15 PM']Beards hurt....[/quote]
and can make a woman breakout :mellow:

[quote name='rachael' post='1667277' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:17 PM']and can make a woman breakout :mellow:[/quote]

:yes:

:( they hurt

Have you ever noticed that while guys can be gung-ho about beards, most ladies object to them... there is a good reason why! :saint:

[quote name='Maggie' post='1667283' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:27 PM']Have you ever noticed that while guys can be gung-ho about beards, most ladies object to them... there is a good reason why! :saint:[/quote]
well you cant have it all.

:saint:

[quote name='kafka' post='1667292' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:39 PM']well you cant have it all.

:saint:[/quote]

What is that suppose to mean :huh:

[quote name='picchick' post='1667352' date='Oct 1 2008, 12:23 AM']What is that suppose to mean :huh:[/quote]

I think it means that we shouldn't let an otherwise perfect package go by just because it happens to be wearing a beard at the time. We should offer it up the resulting discomfort, meanwhile ramping up prayers to the patron saint of clean shavenness. Who is.. I don't know but surely the Holy See has not neglected to assign this important area of intercession?

[quote name='Maggie' post='1667356' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:28 PM']I think it means that we shouldn't let an otherwise perfect package go by just because it happens to be wearing a beard at the time. We should offer it up the resulting discomfort, meanwhile ramping up prayers to the patron saint of clean shavenness. Who is.. I don't know but surely the Holy See has not neglected to assign this important area of intercession?[/quote]

:ohno:

This is very sad. WE have to suffer for their vanity this time :P

I don't suffer at all with my husband's beard. He's in Scotland this week. I'd give anything to have his beard tickling my neck right now.

Archaeology cat

I loved it when my husband had a full beard, but he said it itched a lot, even once it was completely grown out.

[quote name='rachael' post='1667277' date='Oct 1 2008, 03:17 AM']and can make a woman breakout :mellow:[/quote]
I only broke out when my husband had a goatee, and when he was letting his beard grow. Once it was a full beard, it didn't bother me as much.

Here is something about the practice....

[color="red"]Warning: Non-Catholic website with material attacking the Church. --Era Might[/color]
[url="http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/praxis/clergy_hair.aspx"]http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/praxis/clergy_hair.aspx[/url]

A complaint against the practice

[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/185788.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/185788.stm[/url]

:mellow:

Beards can be ok on a guy if they are well taken care of. A lot of guys I know just look like a bum when they have a beard.

I don't mind scruff, though :drool:

yeah I am going to keep mine nicely trimmed, maybe just a little longer than a couple weeks of scruff. I dont want to be looking like Santa Claus.

Galloglasses' Alt

My beard tends to itch for the first couple of weeks, till I can't stand having it. Its usually out of laziness that I don't shave it but what the hey.