An Old School Catholic Message Board

Some Of You Seem To Have Alot Of Hate

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676498' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:53 PM']Woah. It's a bit rash to call him evil. Maybe his actions are sinful, but he is not evil. And you make it sound like he believes he's murdering children - many people who support abortion don't think of the children as children.[/quote]

ya exactly my point, right here.....
ive read people say he is the antichrist (which is impossbile because if you open your bible it says an antichist is someone who doesnt acknowlege jesus christ came in the flesh...
ive read that obama sacrifcies babies to baal, which i guess is the muslim god ???
ive read that he is a secret muslim and secret terrorist...
just a bunch of stuff like this, and all im saying that this is a christian website and obama is a brother in christ and he deserves our christian love...

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676506' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:58 PM']ya exactly my point, right here.....
ive read people say he is the antichrist (which is impossbile because if you open your bible it says an antichist is someone who doesnt acknowlege jesus christ came in the flesh...
ive read that obama sacrifcies babies to baal, which i guess is the muslim god ???
just a bunch of stuff like this, and all im saying that this is a christian website and obama is a brother in christ and he deserves our christian love...[/quote]

"Baal" is a Biblical reference:P

KnightofChrist

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1676503' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:55 PM']It says neither. Obama is a wretched sinner, no better than you or I. He's wrong. I was at one time in my life staunchly pro-choice--did that make me, to use your word, evil?[/quote]

I am a wretched sinner, but I do not support a holocaust which has murdered 50,000,000 babies, Obama does, we may both be wretched sinners, but we are not the same.

It was evil for you to be pro-choice.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1676501' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:54 PM']OHHH!!!

I KNOW, I KNOW!

[size=5]Madam Vienger.[/size]

Now, what does I win?[/quote]

A nice slap across the face, how about? Since you never contribute anything useful.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676506' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:58 PM']ya exactly my point, right here.....
just a bunch of stuff like this, and all im saying that this is a christian website and obama is a brother in christ and he deserves our christian love...[/quote]

Like someone said, I'm confused. I thought you weren't picking on Phatmassers. But now you clearly are.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676502' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:55 PM']Which is it, I'm a little confused, I thought you where not talking to us with the first thread but now you say you where? Again I would like you to source where you think the attacks have extent to far in your view.[/quote]

phatmass isnt 1
this isnt the body of christ
this is a website dude
not everyone who post here is one magical body
give me a break

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676510' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:01 PM']Like someone said, I'm confused. I thought you weren't picking on Phatmassers. But now you clearly are.[/quote]

lol what im saying is im not picking on anyone phatmasser or phatmass at large, im just saying some of the stuff being spewed about him isnt fair because he is a brother in christ. and since this is a christain website obama should be defended because he is a christian.

i think his political faults should be picked apart until there is no more room to pick, but when it turns into hate speach against him i think that is where a line should be drawn. thats my opinon though, its worth about 2 pennies...

Edited by Guest

Ash Wednesday

The problem with politics is that emotions can govern too much of what we say and write -- or on the flipside, people also take things that are read or spoken, and take them too personally. This applies to both sides of the political fence.

I would hope that people on here aren't saying racist things or presuming to know the state of the man's soul. Again I think in politics it's easy to come across as being too unglued and lacking in charity, so it does detract from what it is you are trying to say.

On the flipside, when people speak of grave evil or mortal sin and are giving out harsh criticism, it should not necessarily be perceived as "judgment" or "hatred." Calling an action or policy mortally sinful or someone's participation in them mortally sinful is not the same as presuming to know to what extent someone is culpable of it and whether or not they are in a state of grace.

Perhaps in this case it would be a bit more constructive and helpful for everyone if you would directly point out or confront more specifically what statements you believe to be hateful and out of line. People can't draw a line if they don't know where it's supposed to be drawn.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676510' date='Oct 13 2008, 08:01 PM']A nice slap across the face, how about? Since you never contribute anything useful.[/quote]

You are right.

No one here can slap me but it would be appropiate given how sleazy that was(NOT that I back down from the fact)

Edited by Hassan

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676508' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:59 PM']I am a wretched sinner, but I do not support a holocaust which has murdered 50,000,000 babies, Obama does, we may both be wretched sinners, but we are not the same.[/quote]

Not identical, no, but I sincerely doubt most pro-choice people want to murder children. This would apply particularly to those who don't understand/believe that life begins at conception. Admittedly, Obama has been particularly radical in this area and I agree that he is in error. But rather than judge him, shouldn't we try to educate his supporters, and pray for him? Telling people they support murder doesn't typically change hearts--it didn't change mine.

[quote]It was evil for you to be pro-choice.[/quote]

Thanks for that--but, then again, I'm sure it's also evil to sin mortally in any other way. Would this still be considered evil if I didn't know better? See the above argument.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676516' date='Oct 13 2008, 08:05 PM']lol what im saying is im not picking on anyone phatmasser or phatmass at large, im just saying some of the stuff being spewed about him isnt fair because he is a brother in christ. and since this is a christain website obama should be defended because he is a christian.

i think his political faults should be picked apart until there is no more room to pick, but when it turns into hate speach against him i think that is where a line should be draw. thats my opinon though, its worth about 2 pennies...[/quote]

i think your second paragraph is right but just because someone is our brother/sister in christ doesn't mean that we must defend them at all times. in fact, we are called to rebuke them IN LOVE but in truth. now, when people are just mocking those they disagree with and saying things with an air or arrogance and pride, yes, that is wrong, but most people here are not like that.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676498' date='Oct 13 2008, 05:53 PM']Woah. It's a bit rash to call him evil. Maybe his actions are sinful, but he is not evil. And you make it sound like he believes he's murdering children - many people who support abortion don't think of the children as children.[/quote]
A Christian is morally obligated to speak out against any man who takes a position that is contrary to the divine and natural law.

Only invincible ignorance can reduce a man's culpability for sin, but the Church holds that one must not assume invincible ignorance in cases that touch upon the primary principles of the moral law (e.g., that murder is evil).

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1676506' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:58 PM']ya exactly my point, right here.....

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1676498' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:53 PM']Woah. It's a bit rash to call him evil. Maybe his actions are sinful, but he is not evil. And you make it sound like he believes he's murdering children - many people who support abortion don't think of the children as children.[/quote]

Woah, a man fully supports abortion even infanticide and this does not make his character an evil one? Why? Why? Why? Sin is evil. [b]Abortion is the greatest evil in our time[/b]. Infanticide is evil. Obama supports both. No, I do not believe that I am incorrect in calling Obama's judgment of character evil.

I believe it serves as a fundamental disservice to Christian truth, a censorship based on emotion not to point out that to support abortion as Obama supports abortion makes his character evil.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1676529' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:10 PM']Woah, a man fully supports abortion even infanticide and this does not make his character an evil one? Why? Why? Why? Sin is evil. [b]Abortion is the greatest evil in our time[/b]. Infanticide is evil. Obama supports both. No, I do not believe that I am incorrect in calling Obama's judgment of character evil.

I believe it serves as a fundamental disservice to Christian truth, a censorship based on emotion not to point out that to support abortion as Obama supports abortion makes his character evil.[/quote]
The problem is that your definition of "support" makes no differentiation between someone who supports an idea - i.e. the right to choose - and someone who apparently stabs babies in the back of the head. People who stab babies are evil. People who support things you claim are evil are misguided, but not evil.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1676535' date='Oct 13 2008, 08:13 PM']The problem is that your definition of "support" makes no differentiation between someone who supports an idea - i.e. the right to choose - and someone who apparently stabs babies in the back of the head. People who stab babies are evil. People who support things you claim are evil are misguided, but not evil.[/quote]

All are misguided, if we understood what sin was we would never sin. Any support of abortion is evil and there are degrees of evil.