An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vatican Flag

DannyBoy

homeschoolmom

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1679913' date='Oct 17 2008, 03:18 PM']Will I be eligible for a Vatican flag icon even though I am planning to vote for Barack Obama?[/quote]

[img]http://www.codeodor.com/images/magic_8ball_outlook_not_so_good.jpg[/img]

Sorry. The Magic Eight Ball never lies.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1680142' date='Oct 17 2008, 08:26 PM'][img]http://www.codeodor.com/images/magic_8ball_outlook_not_so_good.jpg[/img]

Sorry. The Magic Eight Ball never lies.[/quote]
:hehehe:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1680142' date='Oct 17 2008, 08:26 PM'][img]http://www.codeodor.com/images/magic_8ball_outlook_not_so_good.jpg[/img]

You're my new favorite mod.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1680142' date='Oct 17 2008, 09:26 PM'][img]http://www.codeodor.com/images/magic_8ball_outlook_not_so_good.jpg[/img]

And this proves why you're one of the fun mods.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1679914' date='Oct 17 2008, 01:20 PM']Um... doubtful. Others who have expressed the intent to vote for Obama have been flagged with the "I don't rep Pope" icon.[/quote]
Anyone who votes for a pro-abortion candidate should be flagged as "non-Catholic".

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1680384' date='Oct 18 2008, 12:47 AM']Anyone who votes for a pro-abortion candidate should be flagged as "non-Catholic".[/quote]

Wouldn't this require people to actually admit to it?

[quote name='BG45' post='1680389' date='Oct 17 2008, 09:49 PM']Wouldn't this require people to actually admit to it?[/quote]
Yes it would, but -- of course -- the person who started this thread already indicated that he is going to vote for a pro-abortion candidate.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1680393' date='Oct 17 2008, 09:51 PM']Yes it would, but -- of course -- the person who started this thread already indicated that he is going to vote for a pro-abortion candidate.[/quote]

Flaunted is a much better word.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1680393' date='Oct 18 2008, 12:51 AM']Yes it would, but -- of course -- the person who started this thread already indicated that he is going to vote for a pro-abortion candidate.[/quote]

True. Indicated, flaunted (as T-Bone put it), evangelized...

Archaeology cat

[quote name='DannyBoy' post='1680020' date='Oct 17 2008, 11:36 PM']This nation is perishing beause we all voted for Bush on account of his Pro-Life stance. What and where has it gotten us? Has the data been significant enough to make you feel good about voting for him? Abortions are still on the rise and Bush cares less for women. This person's informed and contrite conscience will not allow a vote for McCain/Palin.[/quote]
You might want to look at Factcheck, a non-partisan website, about your claim that abortions have been on the rise under Bush. [url="http://www.factcheck.org/society/the_biography_of_a_bad_statistic.html"]Here's the link[/url], and below is an excerpt. Bear in mind that the evidence is from the Guttmacher Institute, which is associated with Planned Parenthood & really doesn't have any reason to make Bush look good, considering he's placed restrictions on abortion.

[quote]In fact, according to the respected Alan Guttmacher Institute, a 20-year decline in abortion rates continued after Bush took office (see the link for the graph). . .

What it found was that the number of abortions decreased nationwide – by 0.8% in 2001 and by another 0.8% in 2002. The abortion rate , which is the number of women having abortions relative to the total population, also decreased 1% in 2001 and 0.9% in 2002. That's not as rapid a decrease as had been seen in earlier years, but it is a decrease nonetheless.[/quote]

So no, abortions haven't been on the rise - they've been declining. I seriously doubt that abortions would continue to decline under Obama, however, considering he wants to sign the FOCA.

[quote name='Spamity Calamity' post='1680202' date='Oct 18 2008, 01:59 AM']I thought that guys banner was a joke for a second. A Catholic for Obama is like a chicken for Colonel Sanders.[/quote]
:lol:

Part of the problem is, the guy's not gonna unite these United States. We might have the Civil War part 2 between liberals and Christians. And since Obama would have 'control' of the military, us Christians (and true Catholics are true Christians) would probably get the short end of the stick.

Obama will hand us over to the UN, and try to mirror our country in accordance with the laws of the UN. That means that the UN curriculum will be taught in every school, abortion will run rampant, our military will be downsized to the point where we aren't even a threat to a street gang, and so on... The guy is not good for our country. I admit, McCain might have a few issues to work out as well, but at least he will try to keep America American.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't really want to live in Europe right now, and that is what is going to happen here in the States if Obama is elected.

Keep in mind also, before you throw away a vote for a third party candidate that doesn't stand a snowflake's chance in hell of winning, every vote not for McCain at this point is a vote spread increase for Obama.

HisChildForever

[quote]Keep in mind also, before you throw away a vote for a third party candidate that doesn't stand a snowflake's chance in hell of winning, every vote not for McCain at this point is a vote spread increase for Obama.[/quote]

Very well said.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Spamity Calamity' post='1680202' date='Oct 17 2008, 09:59 PM']I thought that guys banner was a joke for a second. A Catholic for Obama is like a chicken for Colonel Sanders.[/quote]

:rolling: