An Old School Catholic Message Board

Colin Powell Endorses Obama!

Hassan

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1681283' date='Oct 19 2008, 03:15 PM']As scripture says:

Put no trust in princes,
In mortal men in whom there is no help.
Take their breath, they return to clay
and their plans that day come to nothing.[/quote]

And put yet another way:

[b][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#000080"]While I live will I praise the Lord:
I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
Put not your trust in princes,
nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
His breath goeth forth,
he returneth to his earth;
in that very day his thoughts perish.[/font][/b]

[b]Ps 146: 2-4 KJV[/b][/color]

Please, read the rest. :)

God bless,
Jon

[quote name='Hassan' post='1681785' date='Oct 20 2008, 01:45 AM']boy...you so showed us?[/quote]
Actually, you showed me. Thank you. I can see why you would think Powell is unreliable. </tongue-in-cheek>

Actually, I have never been a Powell fan. If someone asked who comes to mind when you think of Republican In Name Only, he's the first. He has been to the left on a number of issues, including life.

[quote]I am what one would consider a liberal, I have admired Powell saince I did a report on him for JROTC back in 9th grade. His UN speech was "a stain on his honnor" it does not define him in his totality as a man[/quote]
You did a report on him? Wow. I worked for him in Gulf War I as I was in the military. I had special interest in keeping an eye on him.

I did not have a problem with his UN speech. Many items people say he said was there with certainty when he didn't. There was a lot of "our intelligence suspects" type of talk.

i always liked powell. i thought his name sounded liked somone getting powed in the colin. anyway. sorry for that digression

Edited by uppercut55

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1681897' date='Oct 20 2008, 11:41 AM']Actually, you showed me. Thank you. I can see why you would think Powell is unreliable. </tongue-in-cheek>[/quote]

Even for a tongue in cheek comment that does not make sense.

[quote]Actually, I have never been a Powell fan. If someone asked who comes to mind when you think of Republican In Name Only, he's the first. He has been to the left on a number of issues, including life.[/quote]

Only if you conflate "conservative" with "republican"

[quote]You did a report on him? Wow. I worked for him in Gulf War I as I was in the military. I had special interest in keeping an eye on him.[/quote]

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

[quote]I did not have a problem with his UN speech. Many items people say he said was there with certainty when he didn't. There was a lot of "our intelligence suspects" type of talk.[/quote]

ok

[quote name='Hassan' post='1681907' date='Oct 20 2008, 12:55 PM']Even for a tongue in cheek comment that does not make sense.[/quote]
It makes perfect sense. The left took Powell apart for his UN speech. It is the UN speech that provided the launch pad for the war, the war Obama protests. Now Obama calls Powell a great man. The left are opening champagne bottles. It's the left that doesn't make sense.

Well, it becomes obvious that Powell wanted back in. [url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081020/ap_on_el_pr/obama_13"]Obama has answered his request[/url].

[quote]Only if you conflate "conservative" with "republican"[/quote]
Hard to call yourself republican when you disagree on so many points of the platform. Should the republican party be the party conservative can converge on and use as its instrument to move the agenda forward? Yes. Nothing wrong with that.

[quote]What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?[/quote]
Are you really unable to see what the UN speech given by Powell has to do with Powell, his endorsement, and the left?

I am kind of the same mind that Rush Limbaugh is on this one. Where are the inexperienced white liberals that Powell has endorsed?

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1682286' date='Oct 20 2008, 10:19 PM']I am kind of the same mind that Rush Limbaugh is on this one. Where are the inexperienced white liberals that Powell has endorsed?[/quote]

What a joke.

Edited by Hassan

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1682301' date='Oct 20 2008, 10:29 PM']HOw cOmE?[/quote]

what evidence is there to support that other than Powell's race?

Saint Therese

[quote name='Hassan' post='1682304' date='Oct 20 2008, 11:31 PM']what evidence is there to support that other than Powell's race?[/quote]
I think that's the point. Isn't it? :detective:

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1682322' date='Oct 20 2008, 11:38 PM']I think that's the point. Isn't it? :detective:[/quote]

In the interview Powell gave a very thoughtfull explination to his decision, after contributing over 2000 dollars to McCain's campaign moths ago. Obama has been black from the start and Powell never endorsed him.

There is plenty of evidence Powell was really undecided untill about a month ago as he said, and was only prompted to go public with recent events, there is no evidence that Powell took Obama's race into account.

Edited by Hassan

Saint Therese

[quote name='Hassan' post='1682327' date='Oct 20 2008, 11:40 PM']In the interview Powell gave a very thoughtfull explination to his decision, after contributing over 2000 dollars to McCain's campaign moths ago. Obama has been black from the start and Powell never endorsed him.

There is plenty of evidence Powell was really undecided untill about a month ago as he said, and was only prompted to go public with recent events, there is no evidence that Powell took Obama's race into account.[/quote]
I think that politicians aren't so straightforward and everything they do is for a reason, and for an effect.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1682327' date='Oct 20 2008, 11:40 PM']In the interview Powell gave a very thoughtfull explination to his decision, after contributing over 2000 dollars to McCain's campaign moths ago. Obama has been black from the start and Powell never endorsed him.

There is plenty of evidence Powell was really undecided untill about a month ago as he said, and was only prompted to go public with recent events, there is no evidence that Powell took Obama's race into account.[/quote]
Oh come on you are so much smarter then that,he split from the party on affirmative action years ago,he himself thought of run for the white house. This whole thing is so not a shocker. He will support him because of his race.....That and Obama has a comfy cozy little place for him in his administration. What your missing is....Who cares if he does? I mean,...really he does have the right to do what he want's for whatever reason he want's. He's better off supporting his true party.

I would assume alot of black people are excited to see a president that is black.
We have never had one.
As for Colin Powell I dont know.
If you cant sleep at night what's the use of being somewhere nice and cozy ?

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1682536' date='Oct 21 2008, 02:46 AM']He will support him because of his race...[/quote]

that statement is racist in and of itself.