An Old School Catholic Message Board

Colin Powell Endorses Obama!

Hassan

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1684037' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:16 PM']tgoldson, i wouldnt worry to much about fsm sister or socrates for that matter. Your credabilty dont rely upon what he says. And back to fsm sister, she is the same person who said " if Obama was shot and killed it would save alot of lives"[/quote]
I have respect for FSM Sister and Socrates. Keep in mind that we all have the same [i]ultimate[/i] goal here. I want to understand how someone could believe that Colin Powell would support a person solely because of their race. I want to understand how someone could believe that the McCain/Palin campaign is not intentionally and overtly racist.

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1684047' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:25 AM']I have respect for FSM Sister and Socrates. Keep in mind that we all have the same [i]ultimate[/i] goal here. I want to understand how someone could believe that Colin Powell would support a person solely because of their race. I want to understand how someone could believe that the McCain/Palin campaign is not intentionally and overtly racist.[/quote]

agreed,
and i dont understand how socrates decides who has creadibilty or not.

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1684029' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:14 PM']He also cited their responses to the financial crisis / bailout.

Colin Powell had never been accused of such small minded thinking before... but if he supports a black person it must be because he is black? When did he lose the ability to think for himself?

How do you explain all the white military Republicans that have come out in support of Obama?[/quote]

Obviosly self hateing anti-white bigots who secrtly long to be terrorist loveing black militants :detective:

eagle_eye222001

I think it should be apparent that Powell is endorsing Obama for political reasons.

Why is Powell endorsing Obama soooo late? We have about two weeks left and Powell comes out and states his endorsement. His endorsement also came at a time when Obama had a fairly distinctive edge in the polls and has very realistic chances of winning. So in essence, his endorsement is a waste.

It seems Powell is doing this to.......get a position from Obama. Yes Powell is not your die-hard conservative...but I would think that with two weeks left, your only reason for officially endorsing someone is for political gain.

I think Powell wanted to make sure Obama was going to win or at least had sincere chances of winning before jumping ship which makes his endorsement insincere.

Wow leave for a couple days,and I have made "racist's statements". Sensitive little cookies aren't you. What If you knew I was black? Would I be making a racist statement by "I think that race had alot to do with the endorsement" He jumped ship from his party over affirmative action. He goes where it suits his position. Obama will give him one for having endorsed him. So....lets see,HUMM??????? A more "middle-of the-road" republican endorses Obama.....hum??? He's for affirmative action???? Humm?????? This was not difficult to figure out who he would endorse. This could be the very first African American President ever. Why would he not? What I can't figure out is why is this so upsetting and "racist"?

I am tired of the use of the word "racist",being thrown around, meant to make someone look like some KKK member. Maybe I should have said that Obama, being black ,was just an added bonus to the whole package that he offered Powell. Are you guys saying that it would have been wrong for him to endorse him....if that were the case? [url="http://www.now.org/nnt/08-95/affirmhs.html"]http://www.now.org/nnt/08-95/affirmhs.html[/url] Give me a break! There is such thing as "common sense to human nature" [url="http://voices.kansascity.com/node/2492"]http://voices.kansascity.com/node/2492[/url]

I am so far from a racist it's kind of silly to say if you met me. Your only listening with half your true intelligence,try not being so sensitive to the word "black" ....

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1684239' date='Oct 23 2008, 03:30 AM']Would I be making a racist statement by "I think that race had alot to do with the endorsement"[/quote]
No, you're just wrong.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1684203' date='Oct 23 2008, 02:16 AM']I think it should be apparent that Powell is endorsing Obama for political reasons.

Why is Powell endorsing Obama soooo late? We have about two weeks left and Powell comes out and states his endorsement. His endorsement also came at a time when Obama had a fairly distinctive edge in the polls and has very realistic chances of winning. So in essence, his endorsement is a waste.

It seems Powell is doing this to.......get a position from Obama. Yes Powell is not your die-hard conservative...but I would think that with two weeks left, your only reason for officially endorsing someone is for political gain.

I think Powell wanted to make sure Obama was going to win or at least had sincere chances of winning before jumping ship which makes his endorsement insincere.[/quote]

Yes, if you assume that Powell is a liar and decide that your own "off the cuff" intuition is evidence that makes perfect sense.

Powell has been talking with Obama for months, he already had his ear, and he has refused to campaign for him.

He gave a very clear reason why he decided to support Obama over his friend.

How about this.

"The whole reason Kissinger endorsed McCain is because of the historic antagonism in this country between the black and Jewish communities."

I mean I guess if we are just throwing out slimy claims we have absolutly no evidence for I guess I'll give it a shot

By the way, earlier when I asked why so many white military Republicans were supporting Obama... that wasn't a rhetorical question. I want to hear your answers.

Are black people so stupid and ignorant and shallow? Do you really think that black people cannot see beyond the color of their own skin?

[quote name='FSM Sister' post='1683171' date='Oct 21 2008, 11:48 PM']3. He's been a military man and doesn't support a fellow soldier... now THAT'S a bro for you.[/quote]
so military men should support each other no matter what... but black people should never support each other no matter what.

please explain this logic.

It's wrong to say Powell endorsed Obama entirely based on race, but race did play a role as Powell admitted in a Jan 2007 interview. The primary reason is because you have two people on the left supporting each other. The only surprise is why Powell continues to call himself a republican.

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1682536' date='Oct 21 2008, 02:46 AM']Oh come on you are so much smarter then that,he split from the party on affirmative action years ago,he himself thought of run for the white house. This whole thing is so not a shocker. He will support him because of his race.....That and Obama has a comfy cozy little place for him in his administration. What your missing is....Who cares if he does? I mean,...really he does have the right to do what he want's for whatever reason he want's. He's better off supporting his true party.[/quote]
Here is what was said,no one ever added the words "The ONLY reason he did it was because of race" It was just an added bonus to be on board with the first possible black president of the United States" A marked event with what african americans have gone through. He is middle of the road. IT WAS EXPECTED! It is not racist to say that he supported a black man because he wants to see a black man succeed. Given the fact that Powell is in the middle anyway why would he not.???????

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1684263' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:00 AM']No, you're just wrong.[/quote]
Human nature baby! Sorry ,you don't like the way it works! Lets see,... African Americans were treated horribly through slavery years ago. Even some religions were horrible to them, the "margret sangers" of the world lets face it are still out there. I have no doubt of that. Let me ask you, Do you think that blacks should support eachother to reach higher positions?(Especially if all of the other peices to the puzzle fit, meaning he has a position in Obamas administration.) Read Powells story. [url="http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/pow0bio-1"]http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/pow0bio-1[/url]

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1684468' date='Oct 23 2008, 06:32 PM']Here is what was said,no one ever added the words "The ONLY reason he did it was because of race" It was just an added bonus to be on board with the first possible black president of the United States" A marked event with what african americans have gone through. He is middle of the road. IT WAS EXPECTED! It is not racist to say that he supported a black man because he wants to see a black man succeed. Given the fact that Powell is in the middle anyway why would he not.???????[/quote]

No, you claimed that Powell's endorsment was caused by two factors

1-race
2-To get a comfy position

You have no proof that race has the slightest thing to do with it.

"of course Kissinger didn't JUST endorse McCain because he's a Jew and Obama is black, but it was a factor"

I have just as much support for that claim as you do for yours

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1684503' date='Oct 23 2008, 06:11 PM']Human nature baby! Sorry ,you don't like the way it works! Lets see,... African Americans were treated horribly through slavery years ago. Even some religions were horrible to them, the "margret sangers" of the world lets face it are still out there. I have no doubt of that. Let me ask you, Do you think that blacks should support eachother to reach higher positions?(Especially if all of the other peices to the puzzle fit, meaning he has a position in Obamas administration.) Read Powells story. [url="http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/pow0bio-1"]http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/pow0bio-1[/url][/quote]
If [i]I[/i] believed that, I would belong to a Black church. I answer to a higher authority.

I take issue with Rush and those who agree with Rush because they claim that it was "totally about race."

[url="http://www.videosift.com/video/Rush-Limbaugh-Stoops-To-A-New-Low"]http://www.videosift.com/video/Rush-Limbau...ps-To-A-New-Low[/url]