An Old School Catholic Message Board

Colin Powell Endorses Obama!

Hassan

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1684688' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:04 PM']If [i]I[/i] believed that, I would belong to a Black church. I answer to a higher authority.

I take issue with Rush and those who agree with Rush because they claim that it was "totally about race."

[url="http://www.videosift.com/video/Rush-Limbaugh-Stoops-To-A-New-Low"]http://www.videosift.com/video/Rush-Limbau...ps-To-A-New-Low[/url][/quote]

I think that you should listen to Rush a little more, you can not add to what he thinks,nor can we ever know really what Powell was thinking,do we???? Chris mathews thinking. Powells actions speak loud. Thats what makes America great huh??? Being able to express your point of veiw. Enjoy it well it last's!

Edited by jckinsman

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1684802' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:30 AM']I think that you should listen to Rush a little more, you can not add to what he thinks,nor can we ever know really what Powell was thinking,do we???? Chris mathews thinking. Powells actions speak loud. Thats what makes America great huh??? Being able to express your point of veiw. Enjoy it well it last's![/quote]

I listen to Rush qute a bit and this latest briliant piece of analysis seems to fit in quite nicely with his usual chain of incoherant babble.

As you said we cannot know beyond any doubt what Powell was thinking, given that he did not include race in his reasons for supporting Obama how about you stop this claim then huh?

You have no proof, at all, that race played any noteable foctor. You assume it because Powell is black and that is wrong.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1684839' date='Oct 24 2008, 02:38 AM']I listen to Rush qute a bit and this latest briliant piece of analysis seems to fit in quite nicely with his usual chain of incoherant babble.

As you said we cannot know beyond any doubt what Powell was thinking, given that he did not include race in his reasons for supporting Obama how about you stop this claim then huh?

You have no proof, at all, that race played any noteable foctor. You assume it because Powell is black and that is wrong.[/quote]
You also have no proof that it wasn't a factor. Like he would say "yes my freinds,race plays a factor in my choice for president" He doesn't have to say it. His actions speak louder. The only thing that I assume is that Powell is proud of his race and want's to see a black man make it to the white house.That and he was leaning to the left, so it all came together nicely for him. That is my assumption. Do you ever listen to Glen beck? Micheal MedVed?

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1684802' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:30 PM']I think that you should listen to Rush a little more, you can not add to what he thinks,nor can we ever know really what Powell was thinking,do we???? Chris mathews thinking. Powells actions speak loud. Thats what makes America great huh??? Being able to express your point of veiw. Enjoy it well it last's![/quote]
My bad... Rush can express his point of view, but I should keep mine to myself. I get it.

peace.

Edited by tgoldson

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1684849' date='Oct 24 2008, 03:12 AM']You also have no proof that it wasn't a factor. Like he would say "yes my freinds,race plays a factor in my choice for president"[/quote]

right.

Here is a cool thing about argumentation. When YOU make a claim YOU have to prove it. No one has a responsibility that Powell did not do x because of motivation y, it is your responsibility to prove Powell did x because of y.

The fact that you have fallen back on this point to the absolutly lack of any evidence.

[quote]He doesn't have to say it. His actions speak louder.[/quote]

What actions? By voteing for a black man after giving numerous alternate reasons for endorsing Obama?

What a joke.

[quote]The only thing that I assume is that Powell is proud of his race and want's to see a black man make it to the white house.[/quote]

Right, you just assume that despite the number of reasons he gave for his decision, not one of which involved Obama's race, he MUST be voteing for Obama because Powell is a black man anyway.

[quote]That and he was leaning to the left, so it all came together nicely for him. That is my assumption.[/quote]

You hare welcome to make any assumptions you wish. I am also welcome to assume that all Jewish supporters of McCain are acting because of the historic antagonism between blacks and jews.

Both are non-sense with no evidence

[quote]Do you ever listen to Glen beck? Micheal MedVed?[/quote]

Ruch, Ingraham, Beck, and Hannity.

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1685481' date='Oct 24 2008, 07:48 PM']I guess it's also fair to say that I like Alan Keyes because I am black. Yup. Makes perfect sense.[/quote]

Well....

Why else would you support him?

:unsure: