An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mccain Is Pro-choice?

flip

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1683928' date='Oct 22 2008, 09:16 PM']You little scandal monger you. You go boy! ;)

If you are really interested in McCain's position on life issues, why not [url="http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/issues/95b18512-d5b6-456e-90a2-12028d71df58.htm"]try checking his site[/url]? Too obvious?

That is quite a list. Too bad it means little to nothing. Why? Because if Roe v. Wade is overturned, the issues goes back to the states. It's not going to matter if McCain believes abortion is okay in cases of rape, organ transplants, or alien abductions. It's a state matter. Enforcement of the law would be a state matter.

Now let's look at the alternative, Obama. He believes abortion is okay in cases of rape, health of the woman threatened, Saturday night sleepovers, and even during child birth. And yes, all this "freedom" would be enforced by the federal government, which means his sense of justice will reach into the states.[/quote]
What do you mean by enforced? (I'm curious of your definition)

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1683928' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:16 PM']Now let's look at the alternative, Obama. He believes abortion is okay in cases of rape, health of the woman threatened, Saturday night sleepovers, and even during child birth. And yes, all this "freedom" would be enforced by the federal government, which means his sense of justice will reach into the states.[/quote]

i have to admit that is scary.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1683939' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:21 PM']What do you mean by enforced? (I'm curious of your definition)[/quote]
Prosecution through the federal courts. You can look at the number of pro-life initiatives at local and state levels that have been overturned by the feds as an example.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1683954' date='Oct 22 2008, 09:30 PM']Prosecution through the federal courts. You can look at the number of pro-life initiatives at local and state levels that have been overturned by the feds as an example.[/quote]
Okay, I was just curious. I wanted to understand your argument using your definitions, not mine.

JMJ

According to [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEBDNGLl5TQ&feature=related"]this ad,[/url] McCain isn't against it. And its even an Obama approved ad.

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1683842' date='Oct 22 2008, 09:44 PM']dude, i was surprised as you were.

It was from the Naral website. (Pro-Choice America)

Now, as much as I would like to agree with Naral on this point, I wanted to find something a bit more.......solid, like a voting record or statement.

I am now searching for it. (the change in his campaign that NARAL is referring to)

So I just need to find it. :detective:

but this is good news! :smokey: However, the Catholic wing would have been singing about this loud and proud which makes me question NARAL's jumping to conclusions in regards to "the" statement.

**BTW, the point of "quoting" NARAL was to point out that McCain is not pro-choice by NARAL: the biggest Pro-choice group in the nation **[/quote]

Ok, I got it. Palin is against abortion in all cases, and John McCain is for abortion in rape, incest, or mother's health. I saw that video - it kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.