An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholics Sold Their Vote To Obama

StMichael

[quote name='reelguy227' post='1694638' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:45 PM']So has it been explicitly defined as a mortal sin to vote for them? I didn't see that in those. I just skimmed it.[/quote]
I don't know if you will find a quote saying voting for a pro-choice candidate is a grave sin. The Church does put the dots on paper and allows you to put a simple application of reason to draw the right conclusion. On the abortion issue and our responsibilities, the dots have been placed very closely together as to make the answer to the question "Is it a mortal sin to vote pro-choice?" very easy to arrive at. Read [url="http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/politics/pg0062.html"]this document[/url], especially near the end, about our grave responsibilities to vote pro-life.

Do you think cooperation with a grave evil is a mortal sin?

Ask her if she would work at an abortion clinic? Would she assist the doctor by handing him the scapel?

The assistance, whether direct or by empowering someone, that goes against church teachings that person shares in the sin.

Additionally, our Bishops have come out and stated before the election that we cannot vote for anti-life candidate.

She defied the teachings of the church and the Bishops.

[quote name='reelguy227' post='1694647' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:56 PM']Like I said, I'm debating with a caffeteria Catholic who needs an explicit saying that it's a mortal sin. She won't budge otherwise, saying that she voted for Obama because abortions are going to happen anyways, but that I shouldn't question her faith....[/quote]

Lead astray? They have taken us with them. 54% of Roman Catholics voted for the anti-Christ.

They defied the Vatican's call who called the Democratic party the party of death. Bishops came out and stated they should not vote for a pro-abortion candidate.

They have ex-communicated themselves from the Church by their defiance.

And millions more children will die because of their interest to get $500 from Obama.

[quote name='kujo' post='1694590' date='Nov 5 2008, 03:26 PM']So, because some of our brothers and sisters were lead astray, we must castigate them from the Church?

Dude, not for nothing...but you smell of elderberries.[/quote]

I guess those might work, but I explictly told her it was against the Church and she told me I had no right to question her faith, then saying that I was basically saying I was the better Catholic.....ugh, people.....

[quote name='reelguy227' post='1694630' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:30 PM']Quick question, where in the Catechism or something does it say that its a mortal sin to vote for a pro choice candidate. I' arguing with a caffeteria Catholic who just voted for Obama and she told me not to question here faith. Any quotes/links???[/quote]

There are a few bishops statements here on the website.

If that doesn't work, see if she really understands what abortion does to a baby.

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1694724' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:25 PM']There are a few bishops statements here on the website.

If that doesn't work, see if she really understands what abortion does to a baby.[/quote]

whiile i agree with you i think the church should make an offical statement if this is really how it is. again i agree with you guys.

[quote name='StMichael' post='1694657' date='Nov 5 2008, 03:04 PM']54% of Roman Catholics voted for [s]the[/s] [b][color="#FF0000"]an[/color][/b] anti-Christ.[/quote]
;) fixed it for you. :hehe:

Ahem...let's exercise some Christian Charity here, please...

My first thought was to pray for the man, not that his money offsets the fires of hell...honestly. He's a father and a husband, and now the next president. He has to deal with a war, a yucky economy, among other things...for goodness sakes people, like I've said throughout this forum, I'm against all he stands for, and I did NOT vote for him...but he's here. He's our next President. As previously stated, remember the One who appoints leaders.

God is not gone. He has not forgotten us. Pray for Obama.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1694728' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:31 PM'];) fixed it for you. :hehe:[/quote]

lil red
whats up ?
thanks for fixing
but is even calling him an antichrist ok ?
the bible says that a antichist is someone who doesnt acknowlege christ came in the flesh.
so how can he be an antichirst ?
i do agree hes a terrible christian and may well be someone jesus says "depart from me i never knew you" (and that could be any one of us to) but at the same time that does not make him an antichrist.
the bible is pretty clear on that.
ok just wondering.
godbless

Edited by Guest

[quote]may well be someone jesus says "depart from me i never knew you"[/quote]

Don't even speculate. I pray Jesus never says that to him :sadder:

[quote name='Selah' post='1694737' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:39 PM']Don't even speculate. I pray Jesus never says that to him :sadder:[/quote]

your not getting what im saying.
i hope not either.
im saying to even say obama is an antichrist is wrong.
he acknowleges christ came in the flesh therefore he cannot be an antichrist.
the bible is crystal clear on that.
the reason i speculated on the i never knew you thing is because i have had that argument thrown back at me by people who say he could be a or the antichrist.
all im saying is christ may very well say that to him but it still doesnt make him an antichrist
to be an antichirst you have to not acknowlege christ came in the flesh.
obama is not guilty of this.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1694739' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:42 PM']your not getting what im saying.
i hope not either.
im saying to even say obama is an antichrist is wrong.
he acknowleges christ came in the flesh therefore he cannot be an antichrist.
the bible is crystal clear on that.
the reason i speculated on the i never knew you thing is because i have had that argument thrown back at me by people who say he could be a or the antichrist.
all im saying is christ may very well say that to him but it still doesnt make him an antichrist
to be an antichirst you have to not acknowlege christ came in the flesh.
obama is not guilty of this.[/quote]

i'm not saying he is an anti-Christ but consider this.... one can profess that Christ came in the flesh while denying it by their actions.

with that being said, we need only to pray for our new President and give those speculations to God to take care of.

[quote name='Seven77' post='1694760' date='Nov 5 2008, 08:04 PM']i'm not saying he is an anti-Christ but consider this.... one can profess that Christ came in the flesh while denying it by their actions.

with that being said, we need only to pray for our new President and give those speculations to God to take care of.[/quote]

o for sure seven77
i agree with you whole heartedly
thats why on judgement day jesus will tell tons of chritians to depart from him and that he never knew them.
so im on the same page with you there.
im just defending hiim on being an antichrist.
and if we go by what scripture says an antichist is someone who doesnt acknowlege Jesus Christ came in the flesh.
bill marhr or however you spell his name pops into my head right away.
i think in the near future were gonna see more and more of these type of people coming out.
they dont believe that Jesus ever walked this earth and there gonna be very sure of it.
revelations talks about it, many antichrist will rise up.
i think obama could be guilty though of helping the "antichirst" agenda, i wont argue that.
like you said he really needs our prayers.
he has a beautiful family and a big task ahead of him in leading our country.

Edited by Guest