An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's The Most Recent Book You've Read?

Saint Therese

In The Arms of The Lord

The Bible, which I read everyday. I was reading a book called, "The Rosary: A Journey To The Beloved" I haven't finished it yet, but I enjoyed what I read. I also from time to time like to read about the saints.

[quote name='Selah' post='1755138' date='Jan 19 2009, 09:51 AM']Right now I'm reading a book called Inkheart. I really like it so far :D[/quote]

I'm reading this too, but only because it's popular in my library, and I'm a librarian, so I like to get a feel for what people are reading. I think it's okay so far...but it doesn't hold a candle to C.S. Lewis or E. Nesbit.

I'm also reading, for the 6th time, Brideshead Revisited. I LOVE this book! Absolutely brilliant! Waugh's prose is just amazing.

Hmm...Also just finished "On Human Liberty" and "Rerum Novarum" but Pope Leo XIII.....SUPER good. I think that I'm going to classify myself as a "true, classical Liberal" now. :)

Thud! by Terry Pratchett

It's a favorite. Those that haven't yet read Pratchett are missing belly laughs and biting satire.

• 2 weeks later...

[i]Messiah[/i] by Gore Vidal. Interesting, well written with mostly quiet humor. I easily suspended my disbelief. There were flashes of brilliance, wherein one could see what Mr. Vidal could have been had he chosen a different path. Sacriligeous in intent, but easily interpreted another way, with great insights into human nature and an instinct to a Divine Plan that Mr. Vidal I think believes deep within himself.

Authenticity, A Biblical Theology of Discernment by Fr. Thomas Dubay, S.M>

Awesome book!! I just finished it this morning. I will definitely reread this book. It really opened things up for me on discernment and what is truth and authentic. Weeeee :lol_roll:

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1775165' date='Feb 7 2009, 03:09 PM']DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Hi Sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

[i]Something Happened[/i] by Joseph Heller. Brilliant and disturbing. It reminded a little of a bleak Vonnegut.

I recently finished the Dark Tower Series, now I'm reading a couple other King books, Hearts in Atlantis, It, and Insomnia

[img]http://www.kanemiller.com/covers/0-916291-45-6.d.jpg[/img]

I won't tell you how it ends but it really made sense to me!

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1758792' date='Jan 22 2009, 07:00 PM']Come Be My Light.
Wow.[/quote]

Yes

wow!!

loved that book