dominicansoul Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 (edited) http://www.foxnews.com/index.html This is breaking, so far 12 are dead and 31 wounded. Edited November 5, 2009 by dominicansoul
Brother Adam Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
cmotherofpirl Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 Pray the rosary for warriors [originated by Lynda MacFarland] Using the sorrowful mysteries: Agony in the garden: for deployed soldiers and their safety Scourging at the pillar: for wounded soldiers and for their healing Crowning with thorns: for deceased soldiers and repose of their souls Carrying of the cross: for families of deployed, wounded and deceased soldiers, and for strength and comfort. Crucifixion: for our nation, for the victims of war and for peace in the world.
StColette Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 My brother was stationed there for several years and was just transferred a few months ago.
kamiller42 Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 This will be politicized in less than 24 hours.
CatherineM Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 I was just watching CNN at the hotel here in Red Deer, and they were saying that the shooter was an Army Major, MD psychiatrist from Jordan originally, and that there are two other shooters in addition to him. At first I thought it was just someone who snapped, but if 3 were involved, that's something else.
Marie-Therese Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 Current reports state that it seems that the gunman was a lone individual; two others who were taken into custody were questioned and released. May God have mercy. I'm a Navy brat and have extensive family relationships with the Armed Forces, so when a serviceman is hurt, it hurts me deeply. Prayers for the dead and wounded and for their families.
kamiller42 Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 Austin Statesman reports those 2 questioned have been released. I think facts are still in flux. I think we're waiting on a news brief by officials. Him being a psychiatrist puts immense irony on this, unless it was a cover.
homeschoolmom Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' date='05 November 2009 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1257466825' post='1996832'] I was just watching CNN at the hotel here in Red Deer, and they were saying that the shooter was an Army Major, MD psychiatrist from Jordan originally, and that there are two other shooters in addition to him. At first I thought it was just someone who snapped, but if 3 were involved, that's something else. [/quote] I'd heard he was of Jordanian descent, but was a US citizen born here.
Brother Adam Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 He is alive, but my guess is, not for long. I can't imagine he will make it all the way through a court marshal to execution.
kamiller42 Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 I wonder if the terrorist, the Muslim, relishes the thought the first bullet he took was from a female cop. This is according to some reports coming out.
cmotherofpirl Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 from Fox news: Federal law enforcement officials told the Associated Press that Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed homicide bombings and other threats. The officials said they are still trying to confirm that he was the author. One of the Web postings that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates homicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades. "To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause," said the Internet posting. "Scholars have paralled (sic) this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers." They say an official investigation was not opened. Hasan was working with soldiers at Darnall Army Medical Center on Fort Hood after being transferred in July from Walter Reed Army Medical Center, where he had worked for six years before recently receiving a poor review. Cone said the shooter used two guns, including a semi-automatic weapon. He added there was no indication they were military weapons.
cmotherofpirl Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 My daughter called. Many of her basic training unit buddies are stationed at Ft Hood.
CatherineM Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 I'll bet they start monitoring internet stuff a bit closer now. Are there any Phatmassers stationed at Ft. Hood?
Sternhauser Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 (edited) [quote name='kamiller42' date='06 November 2009 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1257481940' post='1996945'] I wonder if the terrorist, the Muslim, relishes the thought the first bullet he took was from a female cop. This is according to some reports coming out. [/quote] Do you think he killed those people because he was Muslim? I think he went nuts at the prospect of going overseas and hearing men tell him about people they blew away. Terrorists generally attack civilian targets to influence State policy. You know, like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Dresden and Hamburg. This man did not attack civilians, and somehow, I strongly doubt that "influencing State policy" was on his mind when he went on the rampage. But who am I to judge his intentions? ~Sternhauser Edited November 6, 2009 by Sternhauser
Brother Adam Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 [quote name='Sternhauser' date='06 November 2009 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1257518584' post='1997066'] Terrorists generally attack civilian targets to influence State policy. You know, like [b]Hiroshima and Nagasaki[/b], Dresden and Hamburg. This man did not attack civilians, and somehow, I strongly doubt that "influencing State policy" was on his mind when he went on the rampage. But who am I to judge his intentions? ~Sternhauser [/quote] Nice try.
cmotherofpirl Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 [quote name='Sternhauser' date='06 November 2009 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1257518584' post='1997066'] Do you think he killed those people because he was Muslim? I think he went nuts at the prospect of going overseas and hearing men tell him about people they blew away. ~Sternhauser[/quote] Yep, because this particular muslim admired suicide bombers and decided he was gonna maim and kill fellow soldiers instead of have the guts to kill himself.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now