Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

There are ways to offend modesty without exposing skin or being skintight. :mellow:
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/420543738_5661eba320.jpg[/img]

It's very wrong on at least two different levels.

On the other hand, on him this may very well have been skintight. :unsure:

Edited by Nihil Obstat
Posted

I've seen many, many women wear veils and pants. If I may be blunt, the idea that a woman shouldn't wear pants if she wears a veil is hooey.

missionseeker
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='09 November 2009 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1257808711' post='1999156']
There are ways to offend modesty without exposing skin or being skintight. :mellow:
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/420543738_5661eba320.jpg[/img]

It's very wrong on at least two different levels.

On the other hand, on him this may very well have been skintight. :unsure:
[/quote]


oooh wow:

:lol:

Posted

[quote name='missionseeker' date='09 November 2009 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1257808904' post='1999161']
oooh wow:

:lol:
[/quote]
It's even more ridiculous in person. :D I've got my own pictures of that same suit.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='09 November 2009 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1257807506' post='1999124']
[img]http://kiltrental.com/Prom%20Black%20Watch%20kilt.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Posted

Let's stay on topic, people! We're blaming women for immodesty, not medieval pre-scientific, superstitious dolts :rolleyes:

Posted

[quote name='picchick' date='09 November 2009 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1257803726' post='1999059']
yet prostitution, abortion, fornication, immodesty all existed well before 1910. It just wasn't talked about as much.
[/quote]

Though I don't agree with the woman's point of view entirely, there is no arguing the fact that a moral decline did occur at the beginning of the 20th century. She is, in my opinion, right in trying to uncover what the cause of it was. I am of the opinion that wearing pants was more of a product of something that occurred in society, not the cause of the change (which we could call the beginning of the sexual revolution- contraception began to be legalized by Christian churches in 1930, etc.)

Posted

[quote name='notardillacid' date='09 November 2009 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1257808537' post='1999152']
You must spend alot of time rolling on the floor laughing :unsure:
[/quote]

lol I can't roll as well as I used to, the baby belly gets in the way.

[quote name='missionseeker' date='09 November 2009 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1257808601' post='1999154']
at least she's not sitting on the floor crying...
[/quote]

hehe ^_^ Yes, for the time being I'm not sitting on the floor crying, which is a common posture for pregnant folks apparently lol

Posted

This topic reminds me of late last week when I walked into a bank I had never been in before to pay off our car loan. Normally I am not bothered by women in pants or with short hair or what not, but this left an impression. It was impossible not to notice the entire staff was female age 40-60, every one of them had the same very short hair cut, everyone of them had a suit with pants on that made them all look eerily like men. All I could think of was 'feminism run a muck'.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='09 November 2009 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1257812035' post='1999198']
This topic reminds me of late last week when I walked into a bank I had never been in before to pay off our car loan. Normally I am not bothered by women in pants or with short hair or what not, but this left an impression. It was impossible not to notice the entire staff was female age 40-60, every one of them had the same very short hair cut, everyone of them had a suit with pants on that made them all look eerily like men. All I could think of was 'feminism run a muck'.
[/quote]

1. Some women do not want to deal with the hassle of long hair. Furthermore, some women cut their hair short if or when it begins to thin. And it usually begins to thin around late middle age.

2. It is easier to find comfortable shoes that go with a pants suit than to find comfortable shoes that go with a skirt. (As in, some dress shoes look ridiculous with a skirt - and these always happen to be the most comfortable kind.)

Posted

I don't disagree. Like I said, it normally doesn't bother me. It was the creepy-cultish quality of the encounter.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='09 November 2009 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1257814788' post='1999229']
I don't disagree. Like I said, it normally doesn't bother me. It was the creepy-cultish quality of the encounter.
[/quote]
Stepford bankers?

KnightofChrist
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 November 2009 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1257813982' post='1999221']
1. Some women do not want to deal with the hassle of long hair. Furthermore, some women cut their hair short if or when it begins to thin. And it usually begins to thin around late middle age.

2. It is easier to find comfortable shoes that go with a pants suit than to find comfortable shoes that go with a skirt. (As in, some dress shoes look ridiculous with a skirt - and these always happen to be the most comfortable kind.)
[/quote]

With a long enough dress you could wear chucks. ^_^

KnightofChrist
Posted (edited)

[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/ie1elg.jpg[/img]

Edited by KnightofChrist
Posted

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/shock.gif[/img] HER SHOULDERS ARE SHOWING!!!!!

missionseeker
Posted

but she's wearing a veil AND a dress, so it's ok...

Posted

whew...ok we're covered, no pun intended.

KnightofChrist
Posted

[quote name='picchick' date='09 November 2009 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1257827983' post='1999354']
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/shock.gif[/img] HER SHOULDERS ARE SHOWING!!!!!
[/quote]

Ha I didn't even notice, all I could see was the bright green chucks.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='09 November 2009 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1257828456' post='1999360']
Ha I didn't even notice, all I could see was the bright green chucks.
[/quote]

Don't lie, you were lusting after her ankle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...