Matty_boy Posted April 11, 2004 Author Posted April 11, 2004 Yes, that is Naruto on my Avatar. My roomie and I d/l the episodes every week. WOO! HOO!
cmotherofpirl Posted April 11, 2004 Posted April 11, 2004 We spent the day with the Army recruiters. My son is considering ltaly, and my daughter Belgium.
geetarplayer Posted April 11, 2004 Posted April 11, 2004 Not everyone can join the army. Some people are not strong enough emotionally to handle it. My former Spanish teacher joined the army just after September 11, 2001. He was a very spiritual man... but he was also a very gentle soul. I really think being in the military messed him up, because this past Wednesday he committed suicide. I would have never though he would do so, but he did. Be very careful about your decision. Rafael Feliciano, rest in peace. -Mark
track2004 Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 I've considered the possiblity of joining up for a few reasons, mostly to help pay for college and serve my country. I think I'd go army if I did, but my mother is not so keen on that idea. I am really thinking about signing up with the Peace Corps or Americorps though. I guess I'll just have to get through the next few years and see what happens.
follow_the_pelican Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 Sup, My Big Bro is an army man in afghanistan. Though he say's there is danger all around and he really does not know if he will make it back. Serving fills him with a pride that nothing else can, "no greator love has that than a man who lay's down his life or a friend". This is what he and all service men are doing, they deserve our respect and need our prayers.
GodsThespianChic Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 I'm kinda bitter towards the military right now...I know I shouldn't be, because it's not the military, it's the people's choice...but whatever...I'm not making much sense...My best friend's (GodsGrace) cousin, Tom, joined the Air Force and got sent over to Germany for 2 or 3 years. I just found out yesterday that my brother (well, step-bro) who is only 19 just signed up to go into the Marines...I'm really scared because you always here "marines: the first to fight, first to die"...I don't wanna lose my bro...and he wants to do the tougher part of the marines (i forget the name at the moment) that's like the equivelant to the Navy seals if it were navy...so I'm scared, but if he feels that God is calling him to do that, then that's what he needs to do. He's really strong in his faith, so maybe God is calling him to spread his faith. I just don't wanna lose my bro...
follow_the_pelican Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 Yeah, I know how that goes. John(my big bro) will eventually be testing for "the green beret" the elite of the elite. I geuss the best we siblings can do is hope and pray...and it is o.k. to be ticked just as long as we channel it in the right places. I truly believe God is using our nation to spread the truth, a basic truth @ that. Human dignity, and it is the men and woman in the armed forces who are doing it. I tip my hat to your brother for joining in a time of war, I will keep him in my prayers and hope you will do the same for my bro. God Bless,
GodsThespianChic Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 I sure will, pelican... My bro has actually wanted to go into the military since he was in middle school, I believe. At first, he wanted to do Navy, though. But he definately will need all the prayers he can get, as far as I'm concerned....but get this: he probably won't even go into boot camp till the end of the year because so many people are signed up to go into the Marines...it's kinda cool.
follow_the_pelican Posted April 12, 2004 Posted April 12, 2004 Yeah, my brother had the same problem. He signed last year but had to wait for about 5-7months for basic. Then he went and was gone 4-5months got home and left for the middle east 3 months later. actually we are not sure if he is there yet, the rumer is he is getting more training in texas; who knows ? He is a awsome guy, he is my best friend basically raised me to. My pops was really busy when we where younger so John stepped in and brought me up. Even though he is just 4 years older he was like a dad and best friend. I was supposed to sign in with him but I was "medically desquilified" till I am 20(one more year!!!). well flowy, like you wanted to here all that, take care
Red Knight Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 I've been in the National Guard for 11 years in November. I am currently enroute to Iraq. I joined originally for the college money, re-enlisted to make a difference as a Non Commisioned Officer, and finally decided that the best way to have a large scale positive impact on soldiers and the system was to go to Officer Candidate School and receive my Commission. I am now the Executive Officer for a company on it's way to Iraq as part of a Brigade. All the fears and concerns are justified, but remember "fear is the mind killer". Fear of the unknown, fear of death, fear of inprisonment, these fears can be used to insure you perform your tasks as a soldier correctly. "Remember your training and you will make it back alive" The training the Army has instituted to assist soldiers going to Iraq is fresh from the conflict, real-life lessons learned. Of course I have these fears, I have a wife and infant son at home. I want to return to them at the end of my tour, unscathed. I know I will be a changed man. I pray that the changes are for the better. My brother (a Green Beret) preceeded me into Iraq and is finishing up his tour in Afghanistan as I write. I fear for his life as well. The largest fear I have is that my wife or son comes to harm while I am gone. The military is not the answer for everyone, but it is for some of us. I say to anyone considering the military: Study what is available for careers throughout all the services and find the best way for you to contribute to the betterment of the service, the nation in which you live, and the world at large. The above can be easily applied to those who don't feel the military is the right choice for them, contribute in some way and try to effect positive change. Please pray for the soldiers around the world, that they may one day find true peace. Pray also for all involved in atrocities done to all sides during war, that they may find the means to reconcile with God, and turn from their sins. Finally, pray for those whose families are dealing with the separation and loss associated with war. Peace, Red Knight
BeenaBobba Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 [quote name='geetarplayer' date='Apr 11 2004, 02:52 PM'] Not everyone can join the army. Some people are not strong enough emotionally to handle it. My former Spanish teacher joined the army just after September 11, 2001. He was a very spiritual man... but he was also a very gentle soul. I really think being in the military messed him up, because this past Wednesday he committed suicide. I would have never though he would do so, but he did. Be very careful about your decision. Rafael Feliciano, rest in peace. -Mark [/quote] That's so sad. I'll say a prayer for his soul. God bless, Jennifer
azaelia Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 I have mixed emotions about the military. Some people are cut out for it. But if they're not, they're broken. I know people who have almost been broken by the military. I'm actually quite bitter about it. Just pray for the strength and the guidance. Because no amount of advice can compare to Grace.
Oik Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's...that's how I look at it. If I am called to serve, I will serve, but I won't compromise the Truth for that. If that is where God wants me to be, i'll be that light.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now