An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan University Of Steubenville

tinytherese

So I've been wondering if I transfered to a school that's the right fit for me. I was previously at a secular women's college for two years pursuing an associate of arts degree in religion (world religion that is, but I still have to take two classes to get that degree somewhere else since after two years you're out of there. <_< ) I just transfered to Benedictine College this semester pursuing a bachelor of arts degree in theology.

Transfering has been a lot harder than I expected it to be and it felt as if during the orientation that we had to go through that the freshmen got a lot more attention and were introduced to the campus a lot better than we were. It was just assumed that we transfers knew what college life was like already and didn't provide as many social interactions for transfers to get to know other transfers and other students in general who have already been here and made have made their friends. The freshmen seem at an advantage to the transfers. It's like they just expect us to make friends on our own, which I don't do well, especially at a place where people have formed relationships that have lasted for years in a location that they are already used to. I'm not saying that Benedictine is a cold or conceited place, but I've just really had a hard time. I'm introverted and am not as socially skilled as other people are at making friends and the atmosphere is very different here than it was at my old college.

I was at a very tiny tight knit school. I know that this may make some people laugh, but even at a small school like Benedictine it seems huge. Cottey College only had 312 total students and the maximum occupancy they have for enrollment is 500. You either lived in a suite or were a commuter student. During both years my suite was a home away from home (in fact it felt like I was more at home there than at my home with my family.) My suitemates and I were close and I made so very many friends. The school just seemed to make it so easy for us to get to know people. My new suitemates on the other hand, well one of them isn't around much socializing with other people or working I don't know how many hours, another I just don't feel comfortable getting to know, and my roommate seems to be off in her own world. I see her now less than I did before. I haven't been able to connect with them like I did with my former suitemates. We also had so many traditions and required suite meetings that would bring us together as a suite and in the case of the traditions bring us together just as a school. Things just seemed so convenient on that campus and the small atmosphere made it even easier to be in. Going to football games or other such games or activities just isn't the same. I do admit though that the dances are a heck of a lot better in that hardly anyone grinds, girls dress more modestly for such an occasion, and the music is much cleaner.

Not to mention, the academics here are much more difficult than I thought they'd be, which is saying a lot because I attended competitive Catholic schools that sure helped me prepare for Cottey. Cottey also is known for having quite the academic reputation itself. I didn't expect to be in a sophomore level theology class where we read the Summa Theologae without any introduction to Thomistic theology/vocabulary and to sometimes have oral quizes on the reading over the questions that we answer and our theology professor is very particular about the answers that he accepts in those oral quizes. There's more work in my introduction theology class than I expected, which to a certain level is a good thing, but just you know, a lot. I've talked to my mom about this and she said that these classes might just be the tough stepping stones that I just have to get through before focusing on the stuff that really interest me and that the concepts that I'm learning in these classes are the foundation to the rest of the knowledge that I'm going to learn. She may have a good point, but I'm still concerned that classes will just get harder. If I'm having such difficulties in freshman and sophomore level theology classes, just imagine how hard the junior and senior level classes will be. I've considered that maybe I shouldn't even be studying theology or even that I should just not even continue with college along another unexpected path. Yet I've thought that perhaps this just isn't the place for me to be studying at.

For anyone who has studied theology at Franciscan University, how would you describe the theology program? Is it intense like Benedictine? I know that I've heard some people refer to it there as "easy," but what does that mean exactly? I keep hearing that it is a great program, but that its "easy" as well. It's not a joke major is it? I don't want an intense program, but I don't want it to be unmotivated by a slacker program either. I've looked through the course catalogue before and some of the classes do sound interesting, like the Mariology ones.

I've visited the campus in the past and liked a lot of what I saw, but decided against it. I liked the feel and the atmosphere. Benedictine just hasn't felt like home to me, just a school. I know that in the BA programs there that you have to have at least six hours of an intermediate foreign language. I've already taken six elementary hours of spanish at the college level, but there is no way in heck that I'd take the intermediate level courses for that. Learning languages is hard for me. I've heard that there are biblical hebrew classes available which interest me, but hmm, could I handle that at the intermediate level? (I am not going to be a theology professor by the way.)

I met and became friends with someone at Benedictine that is a transfer from FUS, and there were things that she mentioned that I wanted to bring up. She had been homeschooled and is a Catholic that really is orthodox, but at that school she was commonly accused by people that she was a bad Catholic by some people, which makes me wonder how extreme of a school is this? She acknowledged that not everyone was like this, but that some of the people really got on her nerves in this regard. She also said that there were some religious fanatics and that there were times when people seemed to be taking extreme/scrupulous views on morality issues such as chastity. She is not saying that she is against chastity, but didn't like how some people would say that it's a sin to kiss someone before you're married to them. I mean, I've considered saving my first kiss for my husband, but that's my personal decision and I don't think that there's anything immoral about a couple who chastley kisses before marriage. She also said that it didn't seem to be as welcoming of a place and that the charismatic movement is insane there, which she felt uncomfortable with. I've never had any exposure to that movement and I doubt that I'd get into anyway considering that I'm an ex rad-trad. :evil: I don't want to feel pressured to get into that. I have heard that you can go to St. Peter's in that area for mass. I would have to get a ride there since I have no car. <_< An issue that some people have brought up regarding FUS would be the households being like conceited cliques.

There's also a lot of rough family drama at home and I've gotten severe depression because of it. Are the counselors good at FUS? It's been hard going to a new school while this is going on. I might just take next semester off from school, work, or take two courses at a community college where some of my relatives live in another state. Franciscan University is just one option that I thought I had for after that time. I need time to help cope and get strength for what lies ahead, not to mention take time and think about what life has in store for me. I know that applying and getting into FUS this late for next semester is very unlikely. It doesn't seem to be the time for me to rush on there anyway without looking at other options as well. I'm also considering doing the Catholic Distance University program or looking at other schools that are on the Newman Guide.

Lots of questions here...I came through FUS's theology program as a transfer, so I might be of some help, at least.

Franciscan has over 2500 students, I believe, so you might still be kind of overwhelmed. Honestly, I don't think it's ever super easy for transfer students. Orientation helps because it helps you meet all the new people and make friends all at once, but in the end you have to try to open up and make friends yourself. It was exactly the right environment for me--I really opened up and blossomed, and I pretty much don't bother telling people that I used to be kind of introverted and shy because they flat-out won't believe me. But people are very open and friendly, and there are a lot of opportunities to meet people. Dorm life also helps in that respect, as does households. I never joined one, but they are a great concept. Some of them can be a little cliqueish, it's true, but a lot of them are just big (or small) loving groups of men or women who are committed to a certain kind of spirituality. But I didn't join one, and it wasn't a big deal. This isn't high school, and people will still talk to you even if you don't choose to identify yourself with one of these groups.

The theology major has a reputation for being "easy" because they tailored it so that you could double-major. A lazy student could get by with taking only the bare minimum with the "easy" teachers and filling up other requirements with unrelated easy classes. It is the biggest major at the school, and there's a lot of really great classes to take: I took that Mariology course you mentioned, which was fantastic. You really have to be self-motivated in order to get your money's worth out of your education, but that's true anywhere. There really are some amazing opportunities at Franciscan. As far as the workload goes, it does depend on the teacher. It does depend on the teacher, but if I've ever had trouble, I could either talk to the professor or get help from a classmate. It's challenging but manageable, I think.

The Hebrew class is taught by one of my absolutely favorite teachers :D However, it's super hard, from what I understand, and if you're not already good with languages then you might want to think twice about it. You have to learn an entirely new system of writing, and another grammatical structure and everything--I would just finish out with Spanish, which is much easier.

If you end up deciding to do something other than theology, there are a lot of other programs at Franciscan, which is an advantage it has over some other Catholic schools which have a limited range of majors. So if you're concerned that you might not be able to hack it, you have other options.

As far as the overscrupulous types and everything...you can find those at other Catholic schools, too. I personally found FUS students to be more open and charitable, but you do get those weirdos who think that even looking the opposite sex in the eyes can be an occasion of sin or something. This definitely isn't the overall atmosphere, though. There are a lot of charismatics around, but you really don't have to be one in order to survive out there--there is St. Peter's, which is wonderful, and a lot of students go to St. Boniface in Pittsburgh on weekends for the Latin Mass, which is really wonderful. The music there is wonderful; I used to be a paid singer in the choir--they care enough to have paid singers in the choir! The school makes it very easy to be charismatic, but they're open to more traditional types and have gotten more and more so over the years. I was around when it was a struggle to get them to even think about having a TLM on campus, and now they've got a weekly Low Mass and monthly Missa Cantata--huge strides for this campus, trust me. I really think it's a great place to be.

Honestly, I would recommend a campus visit before you do anything, because that does tell you a lot about how you feel about the atmosphere and everything. I love my alma mater, but you've already got a lot on your plate, and transferring might not be the best idea--or maybe it could be, who knows? Keep the doors open, but be cautious at the same time. Also, as far as it being too late--I have a friend who came to drop someone off at orientation, decided he wanted to go to school at FUS, and had applied and been accepted in the space of an hour or two in the morning. So, you never know--if it's God's will, then He opens doors for you.

I agree with Clara up above. The classes at Franciscan really depends on how self-motivated you are and what professors you choose to take. As Clara pointed out, many people at Franciscan double major meaning something else plus Theology. Many of these students only take the bare minimum Theology classes that are required of them. And I know a few who students who did this and selected the "easy" Professors and the "easy" classes. So as Clara stated, it really depends on you and the effort you put in. If you're planning on spending a ton of money to go to college, I'm of the opinion that you better push yourself and get your money's worth, especially if you will be using it in your career path.

During my time there, I think I had one "easy" Professor, mostly he was easy because he was new to teaching so he was still gathering a lot of teaching skills. I did learn from the class, which is important. The majority of my other professors were difficult, at least for me Dr. Hildebrand expected a lot of his students and expected them to have a solid background in certain areas of study before even being in his class. Church Fathers were not my strong point, so his classes were sometimes a struggle, but I worked my butt off and did well in his classes. I took 4 classes with him while I was there, and loved the challenge of each of them. He was also my Thesis adviser. The Mariology classes there are, I guess, moderate. Its a lot of information to take in and you pretty much have to know everything in your notes to take your tests, which consist of 3 or 4 essay questions. Knowing the details in those classes was important, ie knowing specific dates, names, etc. Most of the classes I took, required you have prior knowledge of Theology in certain areas. One of my sophomore classes dealt a lot with the Summa and did so without any background in Thomist Theology, but I didn't struggle with that because I had a pretty good understanding of Thomist Theology before going to FUS.

As Clara pointed out the Hebrew class is difficult unless you are very disciplined. I took 6 years of French and used that as my degree requirement but I also took Hebrew while I was there. It was by far one of my favorite classes but it demanded a lot of work and time.

Biblical Studies is probably one of the areas that it really depends on the Professor. I took Dr. Minto for my PBS1 and PBS2, while in other PBS classes you weren't expected to do an exegesis in PBS1, with Dr. Minto you were required to. Put it this way he told us on the first day to begin working on the exegesis now or we would never finish by the end of the Semester. He also terrified a great deal of his students with his first day speech about what he expected, and he expected a lot from his students. He was difficult but I learned so much from him that I will forever be thankful to him. In my first class with him, the class size was around 25 on the first day, but by the end of the semester the class size was around 13 ppl. That's how many dropped the class and took it from a different Professor. The other Biblical Studies teacher I had was Dr. Bergsma. I found his classes a lot easier in comparison with Dr. Minto, but they definitely weren't lacking. It required you to know pretty much everything you wrote down lol but I did find the exegesis requirements in his class easier, but not "easy".

I could go on and on about the different professors and classes, but it really is all up to the individual student. I'm thrilled with what I learned there because I decided that I wouldn't just do what was "required" of me and just take the "easy" professors. Like any school and any degree program it is what you make it to be. It's your responsibility to take the classes that will prepare you for your career. Something tells me that taking the "easy" way out road will not help to prepare you for a career.

Again, I agree with Clara go for a visit to the campus :) Btw I was a transfer student from a State University, and I found the campus and the people very welcoming to transfers. You were treated similarly to Freshmen, in that you were treated as someone who wasn't familiar with the campus, the people, etc. I love my friends I made there. Many of which were my bridesmaids and so far 2 are godparents to my son, and another has agreed to be godmother to our soon to be newest edition (lol in 6 days).

If you do decide to go to FUS Profs I recommend are Dr. Hildebrand, Dr. Miravalle, Dr. Minto, Dr. Bergsma, Dr. Martin, and there are some more but I have to get ready for work lol

like any college there are easy courses and there are difficult courses in theology. if you just take the easy courses though you will have wasted your time and your money.

I have no REAL info about Steubenville.

That being said, I have another school for you to look at. It's called Holy Cross College, which is right across the street from Notre Dame (I swear, we're hardcore orthodox and our theology program has nothing to do with ND!) Right now, there are 400-ish kids going here, and around 230 living on campus. It sounds a lot like your old school that you mentioned, in terms of close-nit-ness. I know from experience that they give the transfers the same "get to know the campus" experience that the freshmen have.

If you want more information, you can pm/facebook me, or probably icelandic_iceskater as well, since she goes here too, or you can find their website [url="http://www.hcc-nd.edu/"]here.[/url]

ok, back to talking about Franciscan.

Thy Geekdom Come

Let's see, FUS has about 2300 students and does try pretty hard through get-togethers to encourage the social lives of students. The household system can help this (although some consider it cliquish, but I think that's just a perception of those who don't realize that it's human nature to assemble in groups of similar interests). I wasn't a part of the household system, though.

The classes can range in difficulty, but it is best to take challenging teachers. Dr. Hildebrand is fantastic and not too hard to understand in class, but his papers and tests can be a real challenge (those of you at FUS now should ask him about the Allen rule for his tests...I was there when he made it and the whole scenario was pretty funny). He takes off a full letter grade for EACH grammatical mistake in a paper. Dr. Bergsma was another of my favorite professors, so skilled in teaching in fact that you remembered the class in such detail you didn't need to study much for the finals (even though they would be 5 essays out of 75 or so different possible essays he would tell you to be prepared to write). Then there's Dr. Martin, who is brilliant, but so flowery in his language that you could usually condense what he says in a 50 minute lecture into about 5 minutes. Despite their difficulty, I learned a lot from them, especially in the area of Scripture and Sacramentology.

There were easy profs, as well, as my wife pointed out. I'm sure she was thinking of telling you that I took easy profs occasionally, but never just for the sake of taking the easy profs (we used to get into little debates over whether Dr. Bergsma or Dr. Minto was harder because I think Dr. Bergsma was reasonably difficult but she insists Dr. Minto was harder).

All in all, I think it's a great university. The theology faculty is a little more established (the only BC theology professor I know of who has a big name is Dr. Sri, while FUS has Dr. Hahn, Dr. Martin, Dr. Miravalle, Dr. Shreck, etc.). The social life on campus is great (the little group I was always with included StColette [my wife], jiyoung [Clara], azaelia [Amy], phatcatholic [Nick], Brother Adam, and my adopted sister Heidi, who has a PM name, but I don't remember it because she never is on any more). We would hang out most nights, even to study together, usually while watching a movie or something (probably a Disney cartoon in a foreign language :detective:). All of our group generally avoided FOPs, but the movie nights in the gym were great fun.

The only thing to be careful about at FUS is that they office staff is horribly inefficient. I can't tell you how many times they lost paperwork for me.

You know, the funny thing is that I never had trouble with FUS's administration. I know all the horror stories, but I don't have any of my own. I think I was just incredibly, incredibly lucky.

One note I would give on the Bergsma vs. Minto debate, keeping in mind that I am a hardcore Bergsma fanatic: Minto's approach seems to be to be expressly preparing you for direct entrance into the academic theology world, with a focus on exegesis and biblical scholarship. Bergsma, on the other hand, gives you a lot of the results of exegesis while guiding you through the process a little more gently. I would say that Minto is best for those who intend to go into the scholarly field, whereas Bergsma would be better for someone who intends to apply it in something like religious education. Knowing how to exegete is important, but it's hard to find the time to exegete every individual thing on your own while preparing for a confirmation class or something. Both are really excellent teachers, and neither are easy by any means, but I see it as a disparity in the focus of the course rather than easier/harder.

Another thing I find about some teachers is that they like to scare away those lazy theology majors by giving those kinds of intense speeches in the beginning. While one professor, Dr. Sirilla, was working on his dissertation, he was quite lenient, but once he had received his doctorate his classes got rather intense. Not an unbearable workload, but you certainly couldn't get away with slacking off. A lot of the really good teachers can be this way; they do expect solid, scholarly work from you. However, in my experience they are really good about explaining things to you in office hours--in general, when a teacher sees that you're really putting forth an effort, they'll do their best to help you. It's when you don't speak up and leave it until the final that they really can't help you.

By the way, I think you can audit the Hebrew class, if you want to learn but are afraid of the workload. Jennie would probably be able to give you better information on that since she actually took the course; I just have memories of her perched up on her loft bed, nose buried into her Hebrew book. "Ruah!" lol.

And a little more on the social life: in accordance with Micah and Jennie, I would say that yes, transfers do get attention as well--it is a lot easier when you live on campus. But we are included with the freshmen in orientation activities, except when we're taken to do things separately. And there are always lots of organizations, service groups, mission trips, and random other things that help you meet people--households aren't the only option.

[quote name='Lil Red' date='17 November 2009 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1258502220' post='2004524']
+J.M.J.+
tt, i'm pm'ing you...
[/quote]

;) got it

[quote name='tinytherese' date='17 November 2009 - 03:28 AM' timestamp='1258442898' post='2004181']
So I've been wondering if I transfered to a school that's the right fit for me. I was previously at a secular women's college for two years pursuing an associate of arts degree in religion (world religion that is, but I still have to take two classes to get that degree somewhere else since after two years you're out of there. <_< ) I just transfered to Benedictine College this semester pursuing a bachelor of arts degree in theology.

Transfering has been a lot harder than I expected it to be and it felt as if during the orientation that we had to go through that the freshmen got a lot more attention and were introduced to the campus a lot better than we were. It was just assumed that we transfers knew what college life was like already and didn't provide as many social interactions for transfers to get to know other transfers and other students in general who have already been here and made have made their friends. The freshmen seem at an advantage to the transfers. It's like they just expect us to make friends on our own, which I don't do well, especially at a place where people have formed relationships that have lasted for years in a location that they are already used to. I'm not saying that Benedictine is a cold or conceited place, but I've just really had a hard time. I'm introverted and am not as socially skilled as other people are at making friends and the atmosphere is very different here than it was at my old college.

I was at a very tiny tight knit school. I know that this may make some people laugh, but even at a small school like Benedictine it seems huge. Cottey College only had 312 total students and the maximum occupancy they have for enrollment is 500. You either lived in a suite or were a commuter student. During both years my suite was a home away from home (in fact it felt like I was more at home there than at my home with my family.) My suitemates and I were close and I made so very many friends. The school just seemed to make it so easy for us to get to know people. My new suitemates on the other hand, well one of them isn't around much socializing with other people or working I don't know how many hours, another I just don't feel comfortable getting to know, and my roommate seems to be off in her own world. I see her now less than I did before. I haven't been able to connect with them like I did with my former suitemates. We also had so many traditions and required suite meetings that would bring us together as a suite and in the case of the traditions bring us together just as a school. Things just seemed so convenient on that campus and the small atmosphere made it even easier to be in. Going to football games or other such games or activities just isn't the same. I do admit though that the dances are a heck of a lot better in that hardly anyone grinds, girls dress more modestly for such an occasion, and the music is much cleaner.

Not to mention, the academics here are much more difficult than I thought they'd be, which is saying a lot because I attended competitive Catholic schools that sure helped me prepare for Cottey. Cottey also is known for having quite the academic reputation itself. I didn't expect to be in a sophomore level theology class where we read the Summa Theologae without any introduction to Thomistic theology/vocabulary and to sometimes have oral quizes on the reading over the questions that we answer and our theology professor is very particular about the answers that he accepts in those oral quizes. There's more work in my introduction theology class than I expected, which to a certain level is a good thing, but just you know, a lot. I've talked to my mom about this and she said that these classes might just be the tough stepping stones that I just have to get through before focusing on the stuff that really interest me and that the concepts that I'm learning in these classes are the foundation to the rest of the knowledge that I'm going to learn. She may have a good point, but I'm still concerned that classes will just get harder. If I'm having such difficulties in freshman and sophomore level theology classes, just imagine how hard the junior and senior level classes will be. I've considered that maybe I shouldn't even be studying theology or even that I should just not even continue with college along another unexpected path. Yet I've thought that perhaps this just isn't the place for me to be studying at.

For anyone who has studied theology at Franciscan University, how would you describe the theology program? Is it intense like Benedictine? I know that I've heard some people refer to it there as "easy," but what does that mean exactly? I keep hearing that it is a great program, but that its "easy" as well. It's not a joke major is it? I don't want an intense program, but I don't want it to be unmotivated by a slacker program either. I've looked through the course catalogue before and some of the classes do sound interesting, like the Mariology ones.

I've visited the campus in the past and liked a lot of what I saw, but decided against it. I liked the feel and the atmosphere. Benedictine just hasn't felt like home to me, just a school. I know that in the BA programs there that you have to have at least six hours of an intermediate foreign language. I've already taken six elementary hours of spanish at the college level, but there is no way in heck that I'd take the intermediate level courses for that. Learning languages is hard for me. I've heard that there are biblical hebrew classes available which interest me, but hmm, could I handle that at the intermediate level? (I am not going to be a theology professor by the way.)

I met and became friends with someone at Benedictine that is a transfer from FUS, and there were things that she mentioned that I wanted to bring up. She had been homeschooled and is a Catholic that really is orthodox, but at that school she was commonly accused by people that she was a bad Catholic by some people, which makes me wonder how extreme of a school is this? She acknowledged that not everyone was like this, but that some of the people really got on her nerves in this regard. She also said that there were some religious fanatics and that there were times when people seemed to be taking extreme/scrupulous views on morality issues such as chastity. She is not saying that she is against chastity, but didn't like how some people would say that it's a sin to kiss someone before you're married to them. I mean, I've considered saving my first kiss for my husband, but that's my personal decision and I don't think that there's anything immoral about a couple who chastley kisses before marriage. She also said that it didn't seem to be as welcoming of a place and that the charismatic movement is insane there, which she felt uncomfortable with. I've never had any exposure to that movement and I doubt that I'd get into anyway considering that I'm an ex rad-trad. :evil: I don't want to feel pressured to get into that. I have heard that you can go to St. Peter's in that area for mass. I would have to get a ride there since I have no car. <_< An issue that some people have brought up regarding FUS would be the households being like conceited cliques.

There's also a lot of rough family drama at home and I've gotten severe depression because of it. Are the counselors good at FUS? It's been hard going to a new school while this is going on. I might just take next semester off from school, work, or take two courses at a community college where some of my relatives live in another state. Franciscan University is just one option that I thought I had for after that time. I need time to help cope and get strength for what lies ahead, not to mention take time and think about what life has in store for me. I know that applying and getting into FUS this late for next semester is very unlikely. It doesn't seem to be the time for me to rush on there anyway without looking at other options as well. I'm also considering doing the Catholic Distance University program or looking at other schools that are on the Newman Guide.
[/quote]

I don't really ever post here, but I saw your post and wanted to tell you about my experience. (I was going to pm you but I can't figure out how to do it...probably I am missing something incredibly simple. I transfered to Franciscan for Spring 09 semester, as a second semester sophomore. I since transferred back to my original school since the transition was so hard for me.

I didn't run into anyone telling me anything overscrupulous like don't date etc...I found everyone to have very sound views on that from those whom I met. I was having a hard time with transitioning into a new school while living far from home for the first time. At my old school, I am close to home so it doesn't feel like the school bubble is my entire world.

Franciscan's Masses were definitely the most charismatic I'd ever been too, but at the same time I saw them staying within Mass rubrics and actually following the rules and caring about doing it right more than anywhere I'd been. They had TLM's once a month (I think that was how often). At the weekday Masses they do use guitars and singers, but it sounds good ( and I am not usually a fan of guitars at Mass). The FOP's were a bit too charismatic for me.

I found that most of the transfers ended up hanging out mainly with other transfers...it seems to take extensive time to assimilate and feel well connected. Of course you are warmly welcomed to visit households, it can just be tough to break into the community (which is probably true most places).

Reading your post, I got the feeling that you might like the sound of Christendom College in Virginia, which is more traditional and might fit you better since it has a smaller student body (I want to say 400). I think Franciscan is a wonderful school, I loved the theology and philosophy classes I took there. I just wanted to say be careful because transitioning is hard anywhere, and to mention Christendom since it's smaller and more traditional. :) Good luck in your decision!

[quote name='Raphael' date='17 November 2009 - 09:31 AM' timestamp='1258475483' post='2004239']
The only thing to be careful about at FUS is that they office staff is horribly inefficient. I can't tell you how many times they lost paperwork for me.
[/quote]
Yes, they are not very efficient, nor do they try to work with a student on things that may be causing problems for him - this is especially the case when money is involved.

Edited by Apotheoun

My teachers were great . . . especially Dr. Hildebrand and Dr. Martin. I also made a lot of great friends at FUS, friends who I still hear from on a regular basis.

Plus FUS will always be important to me because it was during my time there that I transferred to the Byzantine Church.