An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Tea Kettle Melted. Srsly.

zunshynn

princessgianna

[quote name='zunshynn' date='20 November 2009 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1258754887' post='2006476']
So it's cold, so I had this brilliant idea that I'd make some tea!

So I head over to the kitchen and start looking for the tea kettle, and I guess my mom got this funky, fancy new tea kettle. It's all black on the outside... kinda like that rubber stuff you can bake in you know? So it seemed a little funky, but it was obviously a tea kettle, so I get some black current tea and start brewing. And then I start to smell burning rubber.

:o

Sure enough... the bottom of the tea kettle was melting. Does this make sense to anyone else? Doesn't it kind of defeat it's purpose of existence for a tea kettle, no matter how fancy it is, to melt when you're making tea in it?

I should have asked how to use it before I used it.

But you shouldn't have to ask how to use a tea kettle! It's not supposed to be rocket science!

I'm probably going to have to buy her another one now. But what I don't get is why my mom had this ridiculous type of tea kettle in the first place.
[/quote]
:lol_pound:

sorry that is just hilerous!!!

though it smells of elderberries for you :console:

and heating tea in the microwave is very unromantic.....I agree

I say sue the person/company for such a retarded product! :mellow:

Edited by princessgianna

TotusTuusMaria

I agree with the lovely Princess Gianna!

SUE!

and i also agree that it is horribly unromantic to do tea in the micro. boo on that.

I need to get a kettle too though. I just boil my water in a pot.

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='04 December 2009 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1259955570' post='2014447']
you should take up hard liquor...makes you nice and warm faster than tea...plus, no burning rubber...
[/quote]
iawtc[sup]6[/sup]

[quote name='zunshynn' date='04 December 2009 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1259975315' post='2014571']
Tea tastes better than liquor.
[/quote]
Better than gin for sure, but not whisky.

• 2 weeks later...