An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Dad Has Gotten A Job!

HisChildForever

HisChildForever

My Dad has been out of work for almost exactly one year. He is in the automotive industry (service manager) and his shop closed the day after Christmas last year. As an aside, he had an injury in early February of this year - tripped down the ladder when taking down the Christmas lights and needed knee surgery for it - so that really set him back. Anyway he has kept going on interviews with no luck for the past few months, and today was his second interview with one dealership. The position is as an assistant service manager, but hey for now that is awesome! Praise God!

HisChildForever

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='11 December 2009 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1260567796' post='2018650']
May God grant him, and your whole family, many joyful years.
[/quote]

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='11 December 2009 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1260567891' post='2018651']
Congratulations!!!!!!
[/quote]

Thank you both! I am now off to spend the next 5 hours or so in the wonderful world of retail. :weights:

That is wonderful news, HCF. How's your dad's knee? Has it healed up now? I am glad that he is back at work. Not nearly as glad as he is, though, I suspect :)

That's great news. Being out of work that long had to be making him miserable. Hopefully this is a sign of things getting a bit better.

Marie-Therese

HCF, congrats and prayers for your family. I got laid off a job in July due to budget cutbacks, got a new job in September, and then had a bad car wreck. I just got laid off my new job because I had to miss so much work after the injury. I can totally empathize in his situation. Please keep me in your prayers as well. :)

HisChildForever

Thank you to all who stopped by! :blowkiss: Star - he was literally off his feet for a good two months, and after that it took about a month for extra recovery. But he's been doing great!

Many prayers for those who are unemployed, and for those who are employed but struggling with their jobs. :sign: