Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Assessment Of Phat Mass


Recommended Posts

Fidei Defensor
Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='14 December 2009 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1260813801' post='2020351']
I am a forceful person, and write in a very direct manner, but that does not make me a jerk. I do not think of you as a jerk, even though you state your opinions forcefully.

For example this comment is quite forceful:



I suppose some people could call you a jerk for making it, but as far as I am concerned you just stated your opinion in a very direct manner. Such is life.

May God grant you many joyful years.
[/quote]
It's one thing to be forceful in your opinions, but you rarely admit that any other opinions even exist. You come off as having a one track mind. I'm not saying that you need to admit that other opinions may be right, obviously you don't believe that. But admitting that other opinions may exist allows you to make better assessments. People don't respond well to be told what's what. People have opinions. You may disagree with them but if you simply treat it like they don't exist and that who ever you are talking to is a moron in need to a good talking to, you're going to come off as a jerk.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='what the heavens!' date='14 December 2009 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1260815094' post='2020386']
Which tiny percentage of the Catholic community am I criticizing? The dozens, if not hundreds of Catholics I've met in my life who have said bad things about Islam, or my husband's Catholic family who has personally offended me, based on my religion, to the point that I no longer speak with half of them? Or the Catholics on this website? Which Catholics am I generalizing, if hundreds of interactions with Catholics have had, 90% of the time, the same outcome? [/quote]

I was talking about Phatmass.

[quote] Also, if I had written a disclaimer on the first post of the pope thread, then people wouldn't have gotten as angry as they did. And it was necessary for people to get angry , so they might see what's wrong with their own behaviour. Or else they would have to admit that it's a double standard and it's okay for them to do but not other people. Which is the belief that most people seem to have.
[/quote]

So, what? You think of us as children in need of a lesson?

Posted

Where is Winnie when you need him!

Fidei Defensor
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 12:26 PM' timestamp='1260815171' post='2020390']
I was talking about Phatmass.



So, what? You think of us as children in need of a lesson?
[/quote]
Turn that tone down, you're going to shatter some windows.

homeschoolmom
Posted

Hello everyone:

[img]http://static.pyzam.com/img/graphics/7/MJZ1634.gif[/img]

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='14 December 2009 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1260815221' post='2020392']
Turn that tone down, you're going to shatter some windows.
[/quote]

Riiiiight, as if your posts in this thread are the role model of calmness.

Posted

[quote name='Archaeology cat' date='14 December 2009 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1260814229' post='2020363']
Thanks. :) I need more positive votes - your post a little while ago was also deserving of a +1.
[/quote]

*blush*

[i]Oh you're just saying that 'cause I got you another T-shirt for Christmas...[/i]

Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='14 December 2009 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1260815129' post='2020388']
It's one thing to be forceful in your opinions, but you rarely admit that any other opinions even exist. You come off as having a one track mind. I'm not saying that you need to admit that other opinions may be right, obviously you don't believe that. But admitting that other opinions may exist allows you to make better assessments. People don't respond well to be told what's what. People have opinions. You may disagree with them but if you simply treat it like they don't exist and that who ever you are talking to is a moron in need to a good talking to, you're going to come off as a jerk.
[/quote]
Good Lord stop whining!

Fidei Defensor
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1260815364' post='2020395']
Riiiiight, as if your posts in this thread are the role model of calmness.
[/quote]
I love you. :grouphug:

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='14 December 2009 - 01:30 PM' timestamp='1260815431' post='2020399']
I love you. :grouphug:
[/quote]
<_<

Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1260815364' post='2020395']
Riiiiight, as if your posts in this thread are the role model of calmness.
[/quote]
:biglol:

Posted (edited)

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1260813875' post='2020353']
Yes, and shortly thereafter it was announced that "Islam will dominate the world."

I was also called "brainless" and was told to "grow up, Blondie." When the man was called out for his behavior by a gentlemanly Catholic, he defended himself by saying he liked to "tease" women, particularly "blondes" and then offered to "discuss this elsewhere."
[/quote]
:ohno:
How succinctly revisionist of you, but still I'll apologize for a Muslim who made statements that made me cringe as he happened to join the same time as me (yet not be from MM).
I come from a long line of great Muslim women and it is affront both to my religion and my family legacy to ever insult a woman.


With that said, I think my time on Phatmass has come to a close.

If you need some questions answered or want to have further discussions about any subject, I'm on Maniac Muslim. You can post there or you can just private message me if you are worried about moderation.

Thank you all for your kindness and patience.

[b]
And to God belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And We have instructed those who were given the Scripture before you and yourselves to fear God. But if you disbelieve – then to God belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And ever is God Free of need and Praiseworthy.[/b]

4:131

Edited by extempers
Fidei Defensor
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1260815487' post='2020402']
<_<
[/quote]
:love:

what the heavens!
Posted (edited)

Are you saying that adults aren't capable of learning from experience? I'm of the belief that great things can be learned from even the most terrible experiences, and people should never stop learning. But I guess you think that people stop learning past puberty. Which actually explains you, His Child Forever, a lot.

^ This above comment is a personal attack, and it's not in line with my previous comments. But since a lot of people are claiming that everything I've written is a personal attack, I just wanted to show the difference.

I wrote this thread to thank the charitable Catholics here for reinforcing my belief in Islam, because what I've seen here is ridiculous. I guess no one read the parts about how I defend Christians all the time at school. My whole point is that we should be allies, not enemies, because I respect people who practice religion in a world where religious people are seen as ignorant and unintelligent. And I love God so much that I *loved* anyone who also loved God, even if we disagree on our concept of God. But now that I see the love is not returned, at all, and that Muslims are viewed as sub-human savages by most of the Catholics I've known. In person, and here.

So what, exactly, is wrong with what I posted? Is it wrong because you disagree with it, and therefore think it shouldn't be said?

To the person who said I was trolling: I've only looked at four threads, and posted in three. Two being the ones I started, one being the HONOUR KILLINGS one. And I wasn't on here for days because I was busy. So how is having an opinion trolling?

Anyway, I agree with Extempers. I've exhausted myself trying to get through to people on here, using several methods. Most of you (the ones who comment, anyway) are content to believe that everything you say and do is justifiable because you're Catholic and yours is the way of Truth, so it doesn't matter how hateful you are about other religions, it's your *duty* (or is it the white man's burden?) to talk badly about Islam. But Muslims aren't allowed to get upset, use the same tactics (even as a demonstration on why it's wrong), because that's when it becomes wrong. Muslims are not even allowed to say "Hey, I'm really disappointed, let me talk about my feelings". Because of HONOUR KILLINGS!!!!11111

By the way, that's the difference between us. Most of you seem pleased with the idea that you're infallible because you believe in the Trinity. But I question everything I do and say. I suspect my own sincerity sometimes, and I often change my opinions about really big issues that I had problems with, just by learning a lot about them. Learning is great, which is why I'm going to go back to studying for exams instead of wasting my time trying to express my frustration.

Edited by what the heavens!
HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='14 December 2009 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1260815635' post='2020407']
:love:
[/quote]

Gah, cut that out!!!

Fidei Defensor
Posted

[quote name='what the heavens!' date='14 December 2009 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1260815865' post='2020410']
[b]I wrote this thread to thank the charitable Catholics here for reinforcing my belief in Islam, because what I've seen here is ridiculous. I guess no one read the parts about how I defend Christians all the time at school. My whole point is that we should be allies, not enemies, because I respect people who practice religion in a world where religious people are seen as ignorant and unintelligent. And I love God so much that I *loved* anyone who also loved God, even if we disagree on our concept of God. But now that I see the love is not returned, at all, and that Muslims are viewed as sub-human savages by most of the Catholics I've known. In person, and here. [/b]

[/quote]
This is worth repeating.

Fidei Defensor
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 December 2009 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1260815998' post='2020414']
Gah, cut that out!!!
[/quote]
:marriage: ?

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='what the heavens!' date='14 December 2009 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1260815865' post='2020410']
Are you saying that adults aren't capable of learning from experience? I'm of the belief that great things can be learned from even the most terrible experiences, and people should never stop learning. But I guess you think that people stop learning past puberty. [/quote]

No...definitely not what I am saying.

[quote] Which actually explains you, His Child Forever, a lot.

^ This above comment is a personal attack, and it's not in line with my previous comments. But since a lot of people are claiming that everything I've written is a personal attack, I just wanted to show the difference. [/quote]

Another lesson?

[quote] But now that I see the love is not returned, at all, and that Muslims are viewed as sub-human savages by most of the Catholics I've known. In person, and here. [/quote]

WHEN were Muslims viewed as "sub-human savages" on Phatmass???

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='14 December 2009 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1260816077' post='2020416']
:marriage: ?
[/quote]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='what the heavens!' date='14 December 2009 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1260815865' post='2020410']
[snip]

To the person who said I was trolling: I've only looked at four threads, and posted in three. Two being the ones I started, one being the HONOUR KILLINGS one.[/quote]

And yet you've made a complete and profound assessment of everyone here? Seems pretty shallow to me.




[quote name='what the heavens!' date='14 December 2009 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1260815865' post='2020410']
[snip]
And I wasn't on here for days because I was busy. So how is having an opinion trolling?
[/quote]
See above - draw your own conclusions.

If you fail to see how your approach is offensive, and how you continue to be offensive, then I suggest you just go and a trolling out of here.


The only reason I posted this was because you specifically asked ME a question. Had it not been for this I would have 'not replied', and you agreed is at times the best approach.

Edited by Didacus
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...