An Old School Catholic Message Board

"kondoms Are Us" - Interesting And Troublesome...

Bruce S

[quote]"Kondoms Are Us"

Gregory Koukl

Think for a minute if you were to put drugs on the table in the Jr. high cafeteria and told the students, "We're just making them available. We're not making any value judgment. It's your decision." Would that be conscionable?

In NY city there giving out condoms in jr. high without parental consent.
The school board says, "We're not making any value judgment; we're just making them available."

Think for a minute if you were to put drugs on the table in the Jr. high cafeteria and told the students, "We're just making them available. We're not making any value judgment. It's your decision." Would that be conscionable? "Of course not," you say, "these are drugs. Kids might take them and use them." Then you've made my point. It would not be conscionable because making them available would be tacit encouragement to their use. In other words, availability would increase use.

Which is exactly what statistics have shown. Planned Parenthood's own statistics show that when they give their full regimen of instruction (including how to use condoms) sexual activity rises by 30%. Another study shows that under those same circumstances that out of 1000 teens 50-120 more will get pregnant than if they had been given no instruction. Usually that's not a problem to Planned Parenthood because that "problem" can be aborted. But you can't abort AIDS.

Or should we make guns available? "Of Course not." Why? "Because guns are dangerous." Bingo. Case Dismissed.

"Drugs. Guns. They're destructive. There's no parallel." No, it's a perfect parallel. You don't make potentially harmful things, drugs or guns, available to kids. Why? They're dangerous. But if you make condoms available to kids your telling them there's nothing dangerous about them or inappropriate in their use. That's a powerful message about values. Giving out condoms to kids delivers an unmistakable message.

I'd think more people would reject this just for pragmatic reasons even if there is no moral offense. Condoms offer false hope of protection.

Continued Here: >  [URL=http://www.str.org/cgi-bin/daily_commentary.pl]

[/quote]

Edited by Bruce S

i recently convinced my health teacher, after a class all about enablers for drugees, that the health industry's endorsement of contraception has become an enabler for teen sexual addiction.

some kids on my bus one day were throwing a condom around and laughing. if i had been able to get my hands on it i would've thrown it out the window.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. Amen.

Over the last few months I've really become aware of the pressures teenagers face today to become sexually active. I guess I was just too nieve(sp?) before about what young people are up against. I'm a sponsor for a high school organization and have seen first hand what is now "expected" of our young people and it makes me sick.

I was talking to a neighbor from the condos across the street. I looked down and her dog was about to pick up a condom someone threw on the ground. Sick. It's bad enough that they are people are moral degenerates, do they have to be slobs too????

I am so sure that the Church will be vindicated one Day on the Issue of Contraception.

The path of unity is the path of conception!

"some kids on my bus one day were throwing a condom around and laughing. if i had been able to get my hands on it i would've thrown it out the window."

I wouldn't have thrown it out the window. It would just be littering and casuing more trouble elsewhere. I would have got it and carried it with me to a trash bin where it can be safly rid of.

You know guns and condoms are alike. Guns kill, condoms fail and make life that is killed or spread STDs that kill. HMmmmm.