BG45 Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 So has anyone else seen James Cameron's epic yet?
elizabeth09 Posted December 28, 2009 Posted December 28, 2009 No, I did not know that James Cameron's epic, but thank you for sharing that pact of news.
Jesus_lol Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 I SAW IT! TWICE! it was super awesome. classic sort of plot, like dances with wolves and Ferngully, but really amazing movie.
BG45 Posted December 29, 2009 Author Posted December 29, 2009 I saw it twice two! LOL. Once in 2D, and then I was like "I should've paid more for 3D" and saw it again in that. And yeah, I agree on the issue of plot, but still awesome! More than anything, the environment hooked me, it was a well thought out design that just enthralled.
brightsadness Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 I saw it. Wonderful. Going to see it again this weekend with friends.
CatherineM Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 When I was in a wheelchair, I often dreamed about running and jumping and especially flying. This is pretty cool.
Oliver Posted December 30, 2009 Posted December 30, 2009 Seen it and loved it. It took a while for me to get used to the 3d but wow it was great. The storyline isn't too bad either but you need to see it in 3D to really enjoy it.
homeschoolmom Posted December 30, 2009 Posted December 30, 2009 HSdad took HSson Major to see it last weekend (in 3D). They loved it.
homeschoolmom Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 [quote name='notardillacid' date='30 December 2009 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1262218479' post='2027658'] Dances with Smurfs [/quote]
Seven77 Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 [quote name='notardillacid' date='30 December 2009 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1262218479' post='2027658'] Dances with Smurfs [/quote] Smurfs live in mushrooms...
Seven77 Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' date='29 December 2009 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1262109099' post='2027226'] When I was in a wheelchair, I often dreamed about running and jumping and especially flying. This is pretty cool. [/quote] I can relate to that guy...i dream of running and jumping too but i wouldn't want that at the expense of losing my humanity and marrying a blue alien chick---although i did find her attractive
Saint Therese Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 I saw it and loved it and I"m going to see it again. I chose to ignore any treehugger message and just take the movie at face value.
eagle_eye222001 Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 Very, very, very good movie. Saw it in 3D! It was long, however it would have been worse if they had tried to shorten it. I really liked the storyline, the visual effects, the acting was good, the dialogue wasn't cheesy...I really don't have anything to complain about it. [quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='30 December 2009 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1262212421' post='2027610'] i heard it was cliche white guilt. [/quote] [quote name='Saint Therese' date='31 December 2009 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1262284688' post='2027844'] I saw it and loved it and I"m going to see it again. I chose to ignore any treehugger message and just take the movie at face value. [/quote] I didn't take it that way too much. I mean it's there....but in a good way. I just took it as a movie with the points of that there is a higher power (something Catholics believe) and we should use our resources wisely and not waste (again another Catholic idea especially with animals).
add Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 (edited) just like an old time, Saturday morning (space) cowboys and injuns show, except the redskins are blueskin and they win... it had a "dancing with wolfs" sorta feel Edited December 31, 2009 by apparently
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 I saw it. It was the first movie in 3D that I actually enjoyed. The special effects were the best I had ever seen and the scenery was nothing but gorgeous. The plot left something to be desired however. I found it predictable and more like a futuristic version of Pocahontas. It was an ok to good plot but was not incredible. That being said, I would pay to watch it again. It was a good movie and I would recommend seeing it because it is down right beautiful and had the plot and acting weren't terrible. Oh and P.S. The ten second alien sex scene is one of the most awkward scenes I have seen in my life.
Lilllabettt Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 I will not see Avatar unless someone comes at me with a fire hose. Because barring that, I refuse to reward James Cameron. I remember when I was a teenager and Titanic came out. I saw it 4 times ... best movie ever!!! right? I saw it again recently and realized how truly asinine the writing is. I was just overtaken at the time by the cool effects and epic-ness of it all. Avatar is the same, I think. I can see Mr. Cameron in some dark place counting your money and sniggering at his latest boon-swoogle. But I shall not be taken in. Until you write something decent, James, we're through.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now