An Old School Catholic Message Board

Benedictine Nuns At Curzon In Chester Uk

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

The same English priest who told me about the Franciscan nuns in Lanherne, also told me about these nuns, who are part of his order. He says their spirituality has a lot of Carmelite in it, since they came from Spain originally. Does anyone here know anything more than what I can find googling? Any personal contact with them? Thanks. They have a website but it isn't very informative.
http://www.curzonpark.org.uk/

Edited by nunsense

I don't know them myself, but I know someone who has been there to visit. I will ask her about them when I next see her. :) In the meantime, why don't you write to them? Getting information second-hand is never as good as speaking to someone who is immersed in the life.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='humbleheart' date='11 January 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1263214376' post='2034607']
I don't know them myself, but I know someone who has been there to visit. I will ask her about them when I next see her. :) In the meantime, why don't you write to them? Getting information second-hand is never as good as speaking to someone who is immersed in the life.
[/quote]

Well, I would but I am actually being a little bit naughty already in even looking things up online. My SD told me to wait six months before discerning religious life again, and it has only been four months, so I am jumping the gun a little. My SD is in Rome right now, and I was being very good until one of the visiting priests started talking to me about religious life and these different communities he had heard of in the UK (he is from Ealing Abbey in the UK) and this got me curious so I googled them. My SD won't be back in town for another two weeks, so I can't ask if it's ok to start writing to communities yet, so I won't but I thought a little research wouldn't be too bad. :)

And I would love it if your friend had more info on them. I will write at some point, but just not yet.

Edited by nunsense

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='12 January 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1263215503' post='2034612']
Curzon Dax ftw.
[/quote]

I am sorry but I have no idea what that means in English - is it Klingon?? :)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='nunsense' date='11 January 2010 - 08:13 AM' timestamp='1263215613' post='2034613']
I am sorry but I have no idea what that means in English - is it Klingon?? :)
[/quote]
Trill. :lol: Which is indeed a Star Trek reference. haha. I guess I'm predictable.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='12 January 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1263215660' post='2034614']
Trill. :lol: Which is indeed a Star Trek reference. haha. I guess I'm predictable.
[/quote]

And are you going to enlighten us as to what it means??

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='nunsense' date='11 January 2010 - 08:23 AM' timestamp='1263216192' post='2034620']
And are you going to enlighten us as to what it means??
[/quote]
Curzon Dax is this guy:

[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/startrek/images/thumb/f/f2/Curzon_Dax.jpg/225px-Curzon_Dax.jpg[/img]

The seventh host of the Dax symbiont.

If you ever watched DS9 you'd probably remember Jadzia Dax who is the eighth host of the Dax symbiont.

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/1/17/JadziaDax2374.jpg[/img]

The 'ftw' at the end of my posts means 'for the win' which is just something you say in reference to a thing that rocks.

--hijack ends here--

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='12 January 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1263217826' post='2034633']
Curzon Dax is this guy:

The seventh host of the Dax symbiont.

If you ever watched DS9 you'd probably remember Jadzia Dax who is the eighth host of the Dax symbiont.

--hijack ends here--
[/quote]

Ah, was never much of a fan of DS9 - although I do know what you mean - saw the show but never liked it as much as ST or STNG or even the prequel one (Enterprise?). I cut my teeth on ST the original :)

Edited by nunsense

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='nunsense' date='11 January 2010 - 08:53 AM' timestamp='1263217987' post='2034634']
Ah, was never much of a fan of DS9 - although I do know what you mean - saw the show but never liked it as much as ST or STNG or even the prequel one (Enterprise?). I cut my teeth on ST the original :)
[/quote]
Yes! The original series is the ultimate imo. haha. I've had phases in my life where I was really into one or another of the series' but TOS never gets old. :smokey:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='12 January 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1263218246' post='2034639']
Yes! The original series is the ultimate imo. haha. I've had phases in my life where I was really into one or another of the series' but TOS never gets old. :smokey:
[/quote]

So start a thread in the Lame Board asking which series is everyone's favorite, and which character is their favorite - I will definitely be in that poll! This is the Vocation Station, silly! :)

Edited by nunsense