An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Those Discerning

the_rev

If your considering religious life, a great book that will help you understand the call to priesthood is "A Priest Forever" by Fr. Benedict Grosehel

It's a novel, and very very true.

Just read it!!!!

God Bless,

ED

JMJ
4/10 - Holy Saturday

Another good one for men considering the celibate vocation is [i]The Courage to be Chaste[/i] by Fr. Groeschel.

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='Apr 10 2004, 04:47 PM'] JMJ
4/10 - Holy Saturday

Another good one for men considering the celibate vocation is [i]The Courage to be Chaste[/i] by Fr. Groeschel. [/quote]
This is absolutely the best book on Chastity I have ever read.

In fact, I need to read it again.

I also LOVED "And You Are Christ's" by Fr. Thomas Dubay...it has ROCKED my world more then once...makes me think why would I ever want to waste my time with some woman, when I have Jesus...no sexist comment was intended at all

in Christ and Mary,
fr. Matt, ofm conv

FaustinaVianney

I think another excellent book is 'When Gods Asks for an Undived Heart--choosing celibacy in love and freedom." It is by Fr Andrew Apostoli, CFR and Fr Groeschel wrote the forward.

I read "The Courage to be Chaste" years ago. I remember thinking it was fantastic. Must read it again sometime soon.

Guest thomasaquinas3

I have read "A Priest Forever", it is a great book, highly recommended for everyone, not just those considering priesthood!

True Thomasaquainas, very true, that book will really help you know and realize the importance of doing what God calls us!

I'm right now reading The courage to be Chaste, I"m almost done, and it is really helping me get that courage I need to be strong for my journey!

God Bless,

ED

My friend is going to CFR this summer and he just told me about Fr. Andrew's book. I ordered it online just last night too. :) He said it's an awesome book!

Pray for my friend, who is taking the first steps into a whole new world. :)

ThyWillBeDone

I read "A Priest Forever" several months ago. It really helped me with my discernment. I would agree that anyone in the procces discernment should read it. I will warn you, you may cry during parts of it.
God Bless

• 8 months later...

" A Priest Forever" is NOT a novel. It is a true story!
BUT "AMATA MEANS BELOVED" is a novel about a Dominican Monastery. You can go to www.amatameansbeloved.8m.com for more information.
It's written by a nun.