Saint Therese Posted January 26, 2010 Posted January 26, 2010 (edited) [b] [/b] Moscow mayor calls gay pride march 'Satanic' Jan 25 12:29 PM US/Eastern [url="http://www.breitbart.tv/gay-pride-group-vows-new-protest-after-russian-riot-cops-break-up-parade/"]Gay Pride Group Vows New Protest After Russian Riot Cops Break Up Parade[/url] The mayor of [url="http://topics.breitbart.com/Moscow/"]Moscow,[/url]known for his overtly homophobic statements, said Monday that he wouldnever allow a gay pride parade in the city, calling it "Satanic" andsaying marchers should be punished. "A gay parade... cannot be called anything but a Satanic act," [url="http://topics.breitbart.com/Yury+Luzhkov/"]Yury Luzhkov[/url] told an education conference, quoted by [url="http://topics.breitbart.com/Interfax+news+agency/"]Interfax news agency.[/url] "We haven't permitted such a parade and we won't permit it in the future." Luzhkov called for gay marchers to be punished. "It's high time that westop propagating nonsense discussions about human rights, and bring tobear on them the full force and justice of the law," he said. Gay rights campaigner [url="http://topics.breitbart.com/Nikolai+Alexeyev/"]Nikolai Alexeyev[/url] reaffirmed that plans for this year's gay pride parade will go ahead despite the ban. "We don't plan to make any changes. We still plan to hold a gay parade on May 29," Alexeyev told [url="http://topics.breitbart.com/AFP/"]AFP.[/url] Luzhkov first called the gay pride parade "Satanic" in 2007, promptinggay rights campaigners to sue him for libel -- unsuccessfully. Organisers have never been granted permission to hold gay pride paradesby the city authorities, leading to violent clashes with police andanti-gay protestors. Last year's parade took place on the day of the Eurovision [url="http://topics.breitbart.com/Song+Contest/"]Song Contest[/url] final held in [url="http://topics.breitbart.com/Moscow/"]Moscow.[/url] In a public relations disaster for the city, Alexeyev and other campaigners were brutally dragged into police vans by [url="http://topics.breitbart.com/riot+police/"]riot police[/url] in front of a crowd of international journalists. They were later fined. Edited January 26, 2010 by Saint Therese
dominicansoul Posted January 26, 2010 Posted January 26, 2010 ...well, if it is anything like the gay pride parades in San Francisco...then...i would agree to the "satanic" label...
Apotheoun Posted January 26, 2010 Posted January 26, 2010 [quote name='dominicansoul' date='26 January 2010 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1264530373' post='2044999'] ...well, if it is anything like the gay pride parades in San Francisco...then...i would agree to the "satanic" label... [/quote] Ditto.
Saint Therese Posted January 26, 2010 Author Posted January 26, 2010 I think its pretty darn awesome and amazing to hear anyone say the truth about this. Good for him!
Veridicus Posted January 26, 2010 Posted January 26, 2010 I'll forever have the image of a group of priests (some female) standing at the front of the parade with their collars on holding a rainbow flag. Talk about scandalized. I'm pretty sure (I hope) that they were episcopalian.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 26, 2010 Posted January 26, 2010 [quote name='Veridicus' date='26 January 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1264542808' post='2045172'] I'll forever have the image of a group of priests (some female) standing at the front of the parade with their collars on holding a rainbow flag. Talk about scandalized. I'm pretty sure (I hope) that they were episcopalian. [/quote] Did any of them look like this? [img]http://themcj.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/schori.jpg[/img] [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/christchurchvaldosta/20100123ConsecrationOfBishopBenhase#slideshow/5430800134137031298"]Fake bishop consecrating another fake bishop[/url]
Jesus_lol Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 wow, i post a dissenting opinion and get a negative mark. i thought people only handed those out for rudeness or being a jerk.
Sternhauser Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 It is Satanic, insofar as homosexual acts are lies. The violent reaction to their non-violent march, however, was also a little less-than-celestial. ~Sternhauser
Apotheoun Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='26 January 2010 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1264552929' post='2045296'] wow, i post a dissenting opinion and get a negative mark. i thought people only handed those out for rudeness or being a jerk. [/quote] Negative points are given out for all sorts of reasons. I got a negative point recently for defending the dogmatic importance of icons against the modern abstractionism evident in many Western Churches.
Sternhauser Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='26 January 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1264558302' post='2045382'] Negative points are given out for all sorts of reasons. I got a negative point recently for defending the dogmatic importance of icons against the modern abstractionism evident in many Western Churches. [/quote] [img]http://catholicdiscussion.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/missal.jpg[/img] [i]This [/i]is[i] [/i]a window into heaven, as seen by Western civilization. A manifestation of . . . something. And energy. Lots of that. ~Sternhauser
Nihil Obstat Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 I like the [s]hieroglyphs[/s] musical notes. Gives it that Dan Brown code conspiracy feel.
Hilde Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 January 2010 - 04:11 AM' timestamp='1264558302' post='2045382'] Negative points are given out for all sorts of reasons. I got a negative point recently for defending the dogmatic importance of icons against the modern abstractionism evident in many Western Churches. [/quote] Where? I'll undo it.
Apotheoun Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 [quote name='Sternhauser' date='26 January 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1264559264' post='2045402'] [img]http://catholicdiscussion.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/missal.jpg[/img] [i]This [/i]is[i] [/i]a window into heaven, as seen by Western civilization. A manifestation of . . . something. And energy. Lots of that. ~Sternhauser [/quote]
Veridicus Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 [quote name='Sternhauser' date='26 January 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1264559264' post='2045402'] [img]http://catholicdiscussion.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/missal.jpg[/img] [i]This [/i]is[i] [/i]a window into heaven, as seen by Western civilization. A manifestation of . . . something. And energy. Lots of that. ~Sternhauser [/quote] Is that an embryo at the transept of the cross?
Arpy Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 [quote name='Sternhauser' date='26 January 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1264559264' post='2045402'] [img]http://catholicdiscussion.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/missal.jpg[/img] [i]This [/i]is[i] [/i]a window into heaven, as seen by Western civilization. A manifestation of . . . something. And energy. Lots of that. ~Sternhauser [/quote] Drugs, maybe.
Apotheoun Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 [quote name='Hilde' date='26 January 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1264560114' post='2045437'] Where? I'll undo it. [/quote] Somewhere in the Mahony thread, but don't worry about it.
Veridicus Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='26 January 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1264560875' post='2045461'] Somewhere in the Mahony thread, but don't worry about it. [/quote] Apparently the East/West tension rages on...
Apotheoun Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 [quote name='Veridicus' date='26 January 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1264561090' post='2045469'] Apparently the East/West tension rages on... [/quote] As long is it doesn't end in schism . . . I'm okay.
CatherineM Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='26 January 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1264542962' post='2045175'] Did any of them look like this? [img]http://themcj.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/schori.jpg[/img] [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/christchurchvaldosta/20100123ConsecrationOfBishopBenhase#slideshow/5430800134137031298"]Fake bishop consecrating another fake bishop[/url] [/quote] Looks like some of the weird vestments I made 15+ years ago. I was so stupid, I thought all these requests for rainbow stuff was for like a sunrise Easter service. Once Easter was over, and I kept getting the same orders, the lady at the fabric store explained to me about who usually wanted the rainbow fabric.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now