aalpha1989 Posted January 30, 2010 Posted January 30, 2010 I [url="http://www.jocolibrary.org/default.aspx?id=13503&epslanguage=EN"]love[/url] my library!
aalpha1989 Posted January 31, 2010 Author Posted January 31, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='30 January 2010 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1264868244' post='2047733'] [/quote] I know, there's no Latin. I'll make do with French.
MIKolbe Posted January 31, 2010 Posted January 31, 2010 [quote name='aalpha1989' date='31 January 2010 - 04:12 AM' timestamp='1264925555' post='2048146'] I know, there's no Latin. I'll make do with French. [/quote] the traddie police will be issuing you a fine shortly.
KeenanParkerII Posted January 31, 2010 Posted January 31, 2010 Library [b]<3[/b] [img]http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/biblio.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/Biblioteca%20Angelica%203.jpg[/img] [img]http://thenonist.com/images/uploads/TRINITY-COLLEGE-LIBRARY-DUB.jpg[/img] [img]http://thenonist.com/images/uploads/BIBLIOTECA-DE-LA-REAL-ACADE.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/Vienna%20Austrian%20National%20Library.jpg[/img]
aalpha1989 Posted February 1, 2010 Author Posted February 1, 2010 [quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='31 January 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1264949633' post='2048208'] Library [b]<3[/b] [img]http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/biblio.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/Biblioteca%20Angelica%203.jpg[/img] [img]http://thenonist.com/images/uploads/TRINITY-COLLEGE-LIBRARY-DUB.jpg[/img] [img]http://thenonist.com/images/uploads/BIBLIOTECA-DE-LA-REAL-ACADE.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/Vienna%20Austrian%20National%20Library.jpg[/img] [/quote] Now THOSE are libraries.
tinytherese Posted February 1, 2010 Posted February 1, 2010 (edited) [quote name='MIkolbe' date='31 January 2010 - 07:53 AM' timestamp='1264942397' post='2048186'] the traddie police will be issuing you a fine shortly. [/quote] Where's Resurrexi when you need him? Edited February 1, 2010 by tinytherese
sistersintigo Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 without the photos, this smells like a lame thread
Hilde Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 That looks like somewhere I've been. If I only could remember where.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 [img]http://www.susanwisebauer.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/library-of-congress-reading-room-1-flickr-maveric2003.jpg[/img] It's much more breath-taking in person.
Apotheoun Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 [quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='31 January 2010 - 07:53 AM' timestamp='1264949633' post='2048208'] [img]http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/Biblioteca%20Angelica%203.jpg[/img][/quote] I would hate to be in that library during an earthquake.
laetitia crucis Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 I love the [url="http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/bodley"]Bodleian Library[/url] in Oxford. That place was academic heaven on earth. [img]http://www.sacred-destinations.com/england/images/oxford/bodleian/resized/d80_042.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.sacred-destinations.com/england/images/oxford/bodleian/resized/panny_024.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.sacred-destinations.com/england/images/oxford/bodleian/resized/fx01_012c.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.timeinc.net/time/europe/specials/ff/trip2/images/oxford.jpg[/img] You have to take an oath to: - use the library - not bring in food or liquids - not to deface the books - not to light fires with the pages I hope to return their one day as a student. I mean, God grants miracles sometimes... Haha! [IMG]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/bodleianlibrary.jpg[/IMG]
veggietales Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='02 March 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1267555031' post='2065385'] I would hate to be in that library during an earthquake. [/quote]
Moosey Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 [quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='31 January 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1264949633' post='2048208'] [img]http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/Vienna%20Austrian%20National%20Library.jpg[/img] [/quote] The Beauty and the Beast library exists!
Veridicus Posted March 2, 2010 Posted March 2, 2010 [quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='31 January 2010 - 08:53 AM' timestamp='1264949633' post='2048208'] [img]http://thenonist.com/images/uploads/TRINITY-COLLEGE-LIBRARY-DUB.jpg[/img] [/quote] Trinity College in Dublin is a pretty awesome place to stand within...I wish they would have let us look at some of the old books. The busts of many of the great thinkers throughout history is a necessary touch to any library.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now