Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

homeschoolmom
Posted

Here's how it goes. I'll post a bible passage, the next person puts the reference (book, chapter and verse(s)). Please keep the game fun... don't pick some obscure reference to so-n-so bagat so-n-so... or something obtuse... Let's give it a try. I'll start with...

"The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples" 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

Brother Adam
Posted

Matthew 28:5-6


Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

homeschoolmom
Posted

John 14:6

Okay... here's one for all you good Catholics out there...

"Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

Posted

John 6:54 :D

[i]And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. [/i]

:whistle:

homeschoolmom
Posted

Matthew 16:18

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God and everyone that loveth is born of God and knoweth God. He that loveth not, knoweth not God for God is love.

:wub:

Posted

1 John 4:7-8 :D

lol, here goes an EASY EASY EASY one....

"Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you!"


:whistle:

homeschoolmom
Posted

Luke 1:28

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-- think about such things."

(a good one to tape to your tv or computer!)

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Philippians 4:8, I love that verse.

"He who does not love does not know God; for God is love."

Posted

1 John 4:8!!

[i]For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. [/i]

Posted

Vera's is: Jeremiah 29:11

My Passage is: "LORD Almighty, God of Israel, afflicted souls and dismayed spirits call to you. Hear, O LORD, for you are a God of mercy; and have mercy on us, who have sinned against you: for you are enthroned forever, while we are perishing forever..."

Posted

Baruch 3:2-3 :D

[i]And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained." [/i]

:whistle:

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='the_rev' date='Apr 10 2004, 02:56 PM'] Vera's is: Jeremiah 29:11

My Passage is: "LORD Almighty, God of Israel, afflicted souls and dismayed spirits call to you. Hear, O LORD, for you are a God of mercy; and have mercy on us, who have sinned against you: for you are enthroned forever, while we are perishing forever..." [/quote]
:lol: I was reading that thinking... "I haven't heard that before, ever!!!"

Now I know why...


Vera's is John 20:22

Next... "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another"

Posted

John 20:22

[i]"I warn everyone who hears the prophetic words in this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words in this prophetic book, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city described in ths book."[/i]

Posted

Sorry home school mom you beat me
-IG-

homeschoolmom
Posted

Revelation 22: 18.

Now "iron sharpens iron..."

Posted

Homeschoolmum's is: Proverbs 27:17

On that theme my verse is: Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron-for iron breaks and smashes everything-and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others.

Posted

Dan 2:40

[i]Moreover, God is able to make every grace abundant for you, so that in all things, always having all you need, you may have an abundance for every good work. [/i]

Posted

Vera's is: 2 Corinthians 9:8

My verse is: This is the will of God, your holiness: that you refrain from immorality, that each of you know how to acquire a wife for himself in holiness and honor, not in lustful passion as do the Gentiles who do not know God; not to take advantage of or exploit a brother in this matter, for the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you before and solemnly affirmed.

Posted

1 Thessalonians 4:3-6 :D

[i]For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received a spirit of adoption, through which we cry, "Abba, Father!" [/i]

Posted

Vera's is: Romans 8:15

My verse is: We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...