Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Episcopalian Woman "priest" On Tlc


Recommended Posts

rhetoricfemme
Posted

[quote name='tinytherese' date='13 February 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1266101850' post='2056676']
I suppose it depends on their type of feminism. I know of one college where the students refuse to spell women in the usual way because it comes from the word man. So they spell it, "womyn." There are also those who like the idea of making a feminine version of some words.
[/quote]
There's a movie called [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110759/"]PCU[/url] -- Politically Correct University. It makes fun of all the different groups you'd find on campus, and the campus feminists call themselves, "womynists." Cause "feminists" wasn't feministy enough. :rolleyes:

Marie-Therese
Posted

[quote name='rhetoricfemme' date='13 February 2010 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1266107092' post='2056725']
There's a movie called [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110759/"]PCU[/url] -- Politically Correct University. It makes fun of all the different groups you'd find on campus, and the campus feminists call themselves, "womynists." Cause "feminists" wasn't feministy enough. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Needles and pins!!!! NEEDLES AND PINS!!!!!!!!!!

I love that movie.

Posted

[quote name='tinytherese' date='13 February 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1266101850' post='2056676']
I suppose it depends on their type of feminism. I know of one college where the students refuse to spell women in the usual way because it comes from the word man. So they spell it, "womyn." There are also those who like the idea of making a feminine version of some words.
[/quote]

Now that's just silly. I guess those women don't subscribe to the belief that Eve was created by God from Adam's rib. :mellow:

Posted

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='13 February 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1266108319' post='2056737']
Needles and pins!!!! NEEDLES AND PINS!!!!!!!!!!

I love that movie.
[/quote]


I think it was "pins and needles"...

Certainly a fun movie, although it sort of made it out to be that having any sort of values was dumb. And that reefer and George Clinton makes everything better.

discerning_girl
Posted

Don't knock the Episcopalians. I go to an Episcopalian church at the behest of my Protestant father, and they are some of the nicest people I have met. They are also about 90% Catholic, as evidenced by their mass-like services.

KeenanParkerII
Posted

I think they're knocking the employment of female "priests", not the Episcopalians themselves. Oh! and their colourful vestments. ^__^

Posted

[quote name='discerning_girl' date='19 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266637476' post='2059776']
Don't knock the Episcopalians. I go to an Episcopalian church at the behest of my Protestant father, and they are some of the nicest people I have met. They are also about 90% Catholic, as evidenced by their mass-like services.
[/quote]

The "Eucharist" in the Anglican Communion is invalid. Jesus is not present in their "Eucharist".

Posted (edited)

[quote name='discerning_girl' date='19 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266637476' post='2059776']
Don't knock the Episcopalians. I go to an Episcopalian church at the behest of my Protestant father, and they are some of the nicest people I have met. They are also about 90% Catholic, as evidenced by their mass-like services.
[/quote]
I'm sure most Episcopalians are delightful people (no sarcasm - I'm good friends with an Anglican priest), but the Episcopal ecclesial community is evil by merit of leading souls away from the Holy and Apostolic Church.

Edited by USAirwaysIHS
Posted

[quote name='discerning_girl' date='19 February 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1266637476' post='2059776']
Don't knock the Episcopalians. I go to an Episcopalian church at the behest of my Protestant father, and they are some of the nicest people I have met. They are also about 90% Catholic, as evidenced by their mass-like services.
[/quote]
Depends which particular Episcopalian community we're talking about. Some are certainly quite awful. I'm sure some of the "High Church" ones are decent enough (for a non-Catholic invalid service) but some are very very bad. For instance, Gene Robinson.

Besides that, they're all invalid and very wrong.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...