Ephrem Augustine Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 No joke Apotheoun For almost my entire childhood, I grew up Irish Italian Catholic, I made the sign of the cross head belly right shoulder left shoulder. Someone told me I was doing it wrong. Anyways, someone else would tell me that the Eastern Christians do it the other way. Also, the first time I attended the Byzantine rite, I was in my postulant habit. I just went without asking anyone, and they were so hospitable, and sat me with someone who could guide me through the missal. Every other church that I haven attended an Eastern Rite has been just has hospitable. I would like to leave that encourage to all the other Latin Rite Catholics in this forum.
HisChild Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 [quote name='Ephrem Augustine' date='14 February 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1266189586' post='2057259'] No joke Apotheoun For almost my entire childhood, I grew up Irish Italian Catholic, I made the sign of the cross head belly right shoulder left shoulder. Someone told me I was doing it wrong. Anyways, someone else would tell me that the Eastern Christians do it the other way. Also, the first time I attended the Byzantine rite, I was in my postulant habit. I just went without asking anyone, and they were so hospitable, and sat me with someone who could guide me through the missal. Every other church that I haven attended an Eastern Rite has been just has hospitable. I would like to leave that encourage to all the other Latin Rite Catholics in this forum. [/quote] Any time I've ever attended any Eastern Church, either Catholic or Orthodox, they've been so wonderful, so hospitable. It's amazing. I attended my own parish for 4 months, even 'met' my pastor twice when he came up to me after Mass once and asked me if I was new. O_o And this is not a large parish. So I'm with you, Brother. We Latin Riters (is that a word?) need to take some hospitality lessons from our Eastern lung.
Apotheoun Posted February 15, 2010 Author Posted February 15, 2010 [url="http://saintelias.com/ca/etiquette/vespers.php"]A Survival Guide to Great Vespers[/url]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now