God the Father Posted February 21, 2010 Posted February 21, 2010 Russia loses SO to Slovakia, yikes USA looks dreadfully shaky over the past two games. Hopefully additional familiarity smooths things over.
Ed Normile Posted February 21, 2010 Posted February 21, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='20 February 2010 - 04:22 AM' timestamp='1266657770' post='2059879'] [img]http://switchtomac.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/ohnoyoudidnt.jpg[/img] [/quote] Nihil I hope you are not trying to claim Wonder Woman as a canadian? This can not be as she is wearing red white and blue stuff, and she is double gorgeous too. ed
Nihil Obstat Posted February 21, 2010 Posted February 21, 2010 [quote name='Ed Normile' date='20 February 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1266719374' post='2060206'] Nihil I hope you are not trying to claim Wonder Woman as a canadian? This can not be as she is wearing red white and blue stuff, and she is double gorgeous too. ed [/quote] I wanted to use a better picture of an ostrich, but the file extension doesn't work on PM.
Ash Wednesday Posted February 21, 2010 Posted February 21, 2010 (edited) [quote name='XIX' date='20 February 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1266680142' post='2059934'] I'm preparing all of my "Marty" taunts for this Sunday. I assume you are doing the same by coming up with a bunch of super lame "Cindy" insults. [/quote] It's no use. Buttman is going to fix everything to ensure that "Crysby" has a gold medal for his trophy case in Mario's basement. Edited February 21, 2010 by Ash Wednesday
Ed Normile Posted February 21, 2010 Posted February 21, 2010 Its coming up at 4:00 pm I beleive, the USA - Canada game. this should be the most telling game of the olympics. At least there are no other countries who really have a claim to hockey in my book, of course my book aint been written yet! ed
Nihil Obstat Posted February 21, 2010 Posted February 21, 2010 [quote name='Ed Normile' date='21 February 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1266777897' post='2060543'] Its coming up at 4:00 pm I beleive, the USA - Canada game. this should be the most telling game of the olympics. At least there are no other countries who really have a claim to hockey in my book, of course my book aint been written yet! ed [/quote] I think the Russian team is a bigger threat than the Americans.
txdinghysailor Posted February 21, 2010 Posted February 21, 2010 [size="7"]USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][b][/b][font="Impact"][/font] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJHOefnQZJw&feature=related[/media] GET PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XIX Posted February 22, 2010 Author Posted February 22, 2010 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='21 February 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1266773620' post='2060513'] It's no use. Buttman is going to fix everything to ensure that "Crysby" has a gold medal for his trophy case in Mario's basement. [/quote] Points for originality and creativity!
Marie-Therese Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 The Russia/Czech game was a toughie...do I root against the Russians, who I despise and who has Ovechkin, or do I root against the Czechs, who have Jagr, who might be a vampire? Yikes. I chose to remain neutral in this scrum and just hope Kovalchuk had a good game. The Russians did look sharper today, definitely finished their checks. They seemed to be physically much larger than the Czechs and kinda knocked those guys around. Final was 4-2 Russia. Settling in now to watch USA!!! This should be good.
XIX Posted February 22, 2010 Author Posted February 22, 2010 USA is leading but the defense needs to give Miller more support. He can't hold down the fort by himself forever.
Ed Normile Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 February 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1266783632' post='2060589'] I think the Russian team is a bigger threat than the Americans. [/quote] Spoken like a true freakin' commie !! And did you dare to compare wonder woman to an ostrich? You outta be keelhauled and dipped in sea salt. ed
txdinghysailor Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 IN YO' FACE NIHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [b][size="7"]USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/b]
Nihil Obstat Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 [quote name='XIX' date='21 February 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1266802551' post='2060786'] USA is leading but the defense needs to give Miller more support. He can't hold down the fort by himself forever. [/quote] Apparently he can.
Jesus_lol Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 [quote name='txdinghysailor' date='21 February 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1266807591' post='2060844'] IN YO' FACE NIHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [b][size="7"]USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/b] [/quote] booooo. yeap, our goalie was totally outclassed by the american dude, he was amazing. though we generally outplayed the US team, that crackshot of a goallie killed us. lol we had over twice the shots fired on goal as the states. too bad they werent as good oh well, the medal is still in contention, you 'mericans have won the battle, but you have not won the War. [img]http://images28.fotki.com/v979/photos/5/55348/231353/CanadianFallenSoldiers-vi.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 I'm all for benching Brodeur for the rest of it. Yea, he's been considered the best in the world for a large portion of his career. He's not anymore. At this point I prefer Luongo.
Marie-Therese Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 That was an epic game. Seriously. That was some wicked skating going on for both teams. Biggest difference (aside from Miller having a career night) was the Canadian team's uncharacteristic number of turnovers.
txdinghysailor Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 [quote name='Marie-Therese' date='22 February 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1266812301' post='2060916'] That was an epic game. Seriously. That was some wicked skating going on for both teams. Biggest difference (aside from Miller having a career night) was the Canadian team's uncharacteristic number of turnovers. [/quote] And penalties
Nihil Obstat Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 [quote name='Marie-Therese' date='21 February 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1266812301' post='2060916'] That was an epic game. Seriously. That was some wicked skating going on for both teams. Biggest difference (aside from Miller having a career night) was the Canadian team's uncharacteristic number of turnovers. [/quote] You can attribute a fair few of those to Brodeur too. [quote name='txdinghysailor' date='21 February 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1266812439' post='2060919'] And penalties [/quote] I was very unimpressed with the reffing. Not necessarily Canadian penalties, but uncalled American ones.
Marie-Therese Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 [quote name='txdinghysailor' date='21 February 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1266812439' post='2060919'] And penalties [/quote] I like Eric Staal a lot, but did you see him freaking try to piggyback ride that guy on the boards? I don't even remember who it was he got the penalty on, but I have never seen an attempt at a tackle in a game before.
aalpha1989 Posted February 22, 2010 Posted February 22, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 February 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1266783632' post='2060589'] I think the Russian team is a bigger threat than the Americans. [/quote] .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now