An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tom Brokaw Explains Canadians To Americans

Jesus_lol

Hmm. Interesting.

I think northerners probably have a lot more in common culturally than we southerners do. But that was a very nice piece :)

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='20 February 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1266704788' post='2060067']
he mentioned nothing about beer; obviously this video is flawed.
[/quote]

You're not mature enough for the uncut version. In fact, you shouldn't even know about that version. :ninja:

:popcorn:

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='20 February 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1266721329' post='2060230']
I let Red Green explain Canadians for me.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

Man I know a lot of Canadians and trust me, there is no explaining them!

ed

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='20 February 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1266723047' post='2060246']
Man I know a lot of Canadians and trust me, there is no explaining them!

ed
[/quote]

Hey, half my family is from Canada and so ... um, I don't know how to finish that sentence.

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='21 February 2010 - 08:25 AM' timestamp='1266758744' post='2060438']
Hey, half my family is from Canada and so ... um, I don't know how to finish that sentence.
[/quote]

I ave a few fammies from Canada too, I liked the explanation that Howie Mandel gave years ago on a talk show, he basically said when asked about the abundance of Candian talent in the media at the time, we are stuck inside for long periods of time so being from a large family everybody took turns each night to entertain the family, it was either that or succomb to cabin fever and kill everyone there.

ed

homeschoolmom

Of course we are glad to have Canada as our good neighbor to the north. I would hope Canadians feel the same about us.

I thought it was funny, though, that he mentioned that Canada was in WWII before we were. Duh... India was, too... and for the same reason.

KeenanParkerII

[quote]Of course we are glad to have Canada as our good neighbor to the north. I would hope Canadians feel the same about us.

I thought it was funny, though, that he mentioned that Canada was in WWII before we were. Duh... India was, too... and for the same reason.[/quote]

We're alright with Americans generally. They only become unbearable when they start talking about their country. But still.. good people.

[quote] we are stuck inside for long periods of time so being from a large family everybody took turns each night to entertain the family, it was either that or succomb to cabin fever and kill everyone there.[/quote]
lol, what a ridiculous explanation. It's been colder in America almost all winter, and most of Canada lives in large cities. I was rocking a tee-shirt yesterday. :rolleyes:

Most Canadians speak too languages, have relatives throughout Europe and North America, have a higher quality of life than most western countries and live longer and healthier than our southern brethren. In short, we're highly cultured and good looking. :cool:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='21 February 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1266764747' post='2060456']
Most Canadians speak [b]too[/b] languages, have relatives throughout Europe and North America, have a higher quality of life than most western countries and live longer and healthier than our southern brethren. In short, we're highly cultured and good looking. :cool:
[/quote]
Sure, but how's their grammar?

According to Wikipedia, Tom Brokaw is from South Dakota. What, exactly, makes him qualified to explain Canadians to anyone? Isn't that kind of like getting [insert famous Canadian here] to explain Americans to Canadians?