An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Devil's Doorway

ironmonk

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Jun 3 2005, 05:25 PM'] Good answer, but that is not the reason. When I was on the Catholic.com forum there was something that fit the situation and I thought maybe some here would like it that are new. This situation involved elderly getting a Catholic marriage but not a legal one so that they could still get their benefits.

Sometimes, if I think something that I wrote in the past will help someone, or someones response to something I wrote in the past would help someone, it seems appropirate to bump it. I think bumping a topic such as this is a good way of helping others without singling them out.

God Bless,
ironmonk [/quote]
So why are you bumping this again? It isn't really all that germaine...we aren't even talking about the elderly and their benefits....

I mean come on.....you said that hot stuff and his friends are NOT the reason for the bump....

Noel's angel

For goodness sake can everyone stop getting at eachother? Picking away at people is not something which should be expected of anyone on this board. Sorry, but it is just so annoying when people seem to have little grudges against eachother or whatever and this bored sometimes turns into a personal slanging match. Can we all just calm down and discuss the matters at hand? I can understand why IronMonk would bump the thread-I know there are people here who had never read it before-whether we agree with it or not (and Cam, I'm not getting at you or anything, you just happen to be the unlucky last post-er when I can't contain my frustration anymore) we should remember that even if we don't agree with something someone has done, or an arguement they have put forward or whatever, everyone here has feelings and we should respect that. Fine, argue your point against them, but don't resort to things like name-calling. Argue away until the cows come home about the topic, but please, for everyone's sake, can we all stop with the pettiness????

Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest. Please continue.

Hey......

I was just wondering. I have had threads closed that I have brought up from the past. If it was a harmless bump so be it, but then again, this is the debate table.....what does it have to do with anything.

Isn't it best to just let things that have been posted over a year ago, stay there? If that is not the case, then if I choose to bring up a topic on parousing the past posts, then I would assume that the mods would allow for those topics to be revisited as well.....

This is the debate table after all.....is it not?