Nihil Obstat Posted March 4, 2010 Posted March 4, 2010 [quote name='Semalsia' date='04 March 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1267732427' post='2066584'] Love is good. [/quote] What is love? [spoiler][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCXZczTQXo[/media][/spoiler]
Apotheoun Posted March 4, 2010 Posted March 4, 2010 [quote name='Semalsia' date='04 March 2010 - 12:53 PM' timestamp='1267732427' post='2066584'] Love is good. [/quote] I agree . . . love is good, but I doubt we mean the same thing in saying this.
missionseeker Posted March 4, 2010 Posted March 4, 2010 [quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='01 March 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1267503236' post='2065145'] Cuz homosexuality is immoral Why must we all endure this whole ordeal It really makes me sick and wonder when did mankind first fall into this blunder? Can you say soddom? Can you say Gommorah? This nation of ours is a much worse horror They first got it legalized On the wedding cakes there are two guys and this makes any real man wanna cry But now its as if everybody accepts it wake up America havent you seen enough sin!? Everybody start prayin its our only hope to cut short this mayhem and suicidal rope. [/quote] -1 [quote name='Marie-Therese' date='01 March 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1267505661' post='2065169'] *sigh* I have to say this. I am compelled. I want any homosexual person to be able to talk to me, to tell me their story. I want for any person, straight, gay or purple, to know that in me they have a sister in Christ who desires to see the image of the Divine that the Almighty God has made into each of us. I desire to serve my brothers and sisters by my compassion and in any temporal or spiritual way that I am able. I do not condone homosexual activity, any more than I condone thievery, swearing, kidnapping, fornication, or driving the wrong way on a one-way street. Doesn't matter to me. I will, in love, tell someone who asks for my opinion that they should repent of the sins in their life, whatever those might be, and to seek God's forgiveness. By the way, that is something everyone should do, every day. I am sorry if this is uncharitable, but it just rubbed me the wrong way. People struggle with personal crosses, and screaming at them about the fact that they are sinners doesn't do them any good. The old adage about pointing applies...you know, the one that says when you are pointing a finger at someone else you have 4 pointing back at yourself? I am in no position to be calling out someone else's sins. My own suffice for my shame. I love my gay brothers and sisters. I pray that God leads them to Him. Btw, if anything is sinful, it is that rhyme. [/quote] +1
Socrates Posted March 4, 2010 Posted March 4, 2010 [quote name='OraProMe' date='04 March 2010 - 02:47 AM' timestamp='1267688829' post='2066379'] I'm gay. I like, date and sleep with other boys. [/quote] Repent.
OraProMe Posted March 5, 2010 Posted March 5, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' date='04 March 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1267718128' post='2066446'] No one should ever try to make the lack of a properly ordered disposition into an identifying characteristic of his personhood. [/quote] I didn't ask you to repeat yourself. Can you please answer my question? Also I'm not going to get into a debate about whether it's a "disordered passion" or not. But frankly what you say about identity is bull. It's a small part, but a part nonetheless. Also this raises a whole lot of questions: What is identity? Can we choose our identity? Are there different levels of identity? Does it consist of all aspects of a person? Does it consist of only a few aspects of the person? Making such absolute statements as yours without any explanation or evidence is not an honest or intellectual approach to the issue. Edited March 5, 2010 by OraProMe
OraProMe Posted March 5, 2010 Posted March 5, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='04 March 2010 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1267710020' post='2066405'] From my limited experience, I would say you are in the minority. [/quote] I used to think so too but the others just seem to be a more visible minority while the rest just blend into the wider population, which really is what should be happening anyway in my opinion. I don't like the idea of segregation, even if it's self-imposed.
Saint Therese Posted March 5, 2010 Posted March 5, 2010 [quote name='Socrates' date='04 March 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1267736705' post='2066655'] Repent. [/quote] Amen. I've been wondering why more people here havn't said this.
aalpha1989 Posted March 5, 2010 Posted March 5, 2010 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='05 March 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1267805261' post='2067048'] Amen. I've been wondering why more people here havn't said this. [/quote] Reading over the thread, I totally agree with you. Of course we must be compassionate, but we can't forget to preach the Truth. Ezekial 3:17-21 17 Thus the word of the LORD came to me: Son of man, I have appointed you a watchman for the house of Israel. When you hear a word from my mouth, you shall warn them for me. 18 If I say to the wicked man, You shall surely die; and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his wicked conduct so that he may live: that wicked man shall die for his sin, but I will hold you responsible for his death. 19 If, on the other hand, you have warned the wicked man, yet he has not turned away from his evil nor from his wicked conduct, then he shall die for his sin, but you shall save your life. 20 If a virtuous man turns away from virtue and does wrong when I place a stumbling block before him, he shall die. He shall die for his sin, and his virtuous deeds shall not be remembered; but I will hold you responsible for his death if you did not warn him. 21 When, on the other hand, you have warned a virtuous man not to sin, and he has in fact not sinned, he shall surely live because of the warning, and you shall save your own life.
Fidei Defensor Posted March 6, 2010 Posted March 6, 2010 [quote name='Socrates' date='04 March 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1267736705' post='2066655'] Repent. [/quote] No thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now