An Old School Catholic Message Board

May A Catholic Vote For A Whig Candidate?

Vincent Vega

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Socrates' date='09 March 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1268162987' post='2069647']
It's weaker than the stance of the GOP Platform, but a bit preferable to that of the Dems.
Browsing their site, I really don't see much reason to vote Whig. They've got a few good ideas, but not a lot to strongly distinguish them from other political parties. A lot of their stances look a bit vague or compromised.
For a third-party alternative, I'd prefer the Constitution Party, or perhaps the Libertarians.
[/quote]

I agree. Although I don't agree with all of the Constitution Party's views, they were my favorite in the last election. I will never vote for a Libertarian because they are essentially hedonists.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='MissyP89' date='09 March 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1268153456' post='2069564']
I didn't know we still had Whigs. :unsure:
[/quote]

This.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='09 March 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1268152949' post='2069558']
So who do you vote for in Canada seeing as all parties support abortion, and the conservatives kind of smell of elderberries?
[/quote]
Third party.
Or, use an under-respected option: abstinence.
[quote name='Socrates' date='09 March 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1268162987' post='2069647']
For a third-party alternative, I'd prefer the Constitution Party
[/quote]
Same here. I was just wondering about the take on this stance.