Slappo Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 (edited) I have several boy friends Many I am sure are beautiful But none are perfect. Except Jesus, but I don't consider him a boy. Fidei, I really don't know what you are expecting out of this post. You already know that almost no one on this forum can be or will be excited for you. It isn't something we can be happy for you about. If anything it will actually sadden many of us. Edited March 25, 2010 by Slappo
Nihil Obstat Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' date='24 March 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1269487439' post='2079533'] Fidei, I really don't know what you are expecting out of this post. You already know that almost no one on this forum can be or will be excited for you. It isn't something we can be happy for you about. If anything it will actually sadden many of us. [/quote] This, with all the charity in the world.
Totus Tuus Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='24 March 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1269488145' post='2079542'] This, with all the charity in the world. [/quote] Ditto.
sacredheartandbloodofjesus Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 I hope your not serious about having a BF.
Vincent Vega Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' date='24 March 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1269487439' post='2079533'] Fidei, I really don't know what you are expecting out of this post. You already know that almost no one on this forum can be or will be excited for you. It isn't something we can be happy for you about. If anything it will actually sadden many of us. [/quote] +1
zunshynn Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 You probably don't care that I've been praying for you, and I get that, but I still am anyway.
Fidei Defensor Posted March 25, 2010 Author Posted March 25, 2010 You should be happy that I'm happy.
Vincent Vega Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 We all - you included - know why we are not happy over this development.
God Conquers Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 Good luck with that. Seriously, I would investigate the health problems experienced by more elderly homosexual men that come from same sex ...sex... my aunt is a nurse and deals with this stuff... it is.... not so awesome.
Nihil Obstat Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='fidei defensor' date='24 March 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1269490481' post='2079570'] You should be happy that I'm happy. [/quote] You know as well as we do that we honestly believe that you'll end up far far *far* unhappier this way. You know it's an honest belief, because you used to hold it as well.
Fidei Defensor Posted March 25, 2010 Author Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='God Conquers' date='24 March 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1269490557' post='2079573'] Good luck with that. Seriously, I would investigate the health problems experienced by more elderly homosexual men that come from same sex ...sex... my aunt is a nurse and deals with this stuff... it is.... not so awesome. [/quote] You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not having wild and unsafe sex. I'm not sleeping around in the slums. I'm a health freak, I'm a science freak… I know things about my health and the health of others.
zunshynn Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='fidei defensor' date='24 March 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1269490481' post='2079570'] You should be happy that I'm happy. [/quote] People think many things make them happy that are actually quite harmful to them. Genuine love seeks the good of the whole person, not merely the emotional pleasure of those they love.
Fidei Defensor Posted March 25, 2010 Author Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='24 March 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1269490576' post='2079574'] You know as well as we do that we honestly believe that you'll end up far far *far* unhappier this way. You know it's an honest belief, because you used to hold it as well. [/quote] I know you believe that. However, I am so very happy to have someone who cares for me so much. I'm sorry you can't accept that. However, I can and will accept love.
Vincent Vega Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='fidei defensor' date='25 March 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1269490846' post='2079583'] I know you believe that. However, I am so very happy to have someone who cares for me so much. I'm sorry you can't accept that. However, I can and will accept love. [/quote] I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here, FD. You know as well as we do that that isn't what we consider true love, as true love involves desiring the salvation of the other individual, even if that involves something contrary to our personal will. Are you just trying to troll us, or what?
Nihil Obstat Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='fidei defensor' date='24 March 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1269490846' post='2079583'] I know you believe that. However, I am so very happy to have someone who cares for me so much. I'm sorry you can't accept that. However, I can and will accept love. [/quote] You know why we can't accept it though. You know that you're setting up straw men by saying we just refuse to accept legitimate love. You know that this isn't the issue for us.
God Conquers Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='fidei defensor' date='25 March 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1269490764' post='2079579'] You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not having wild and unsafe sex. I'm not sleeping around in the slums. I'm a health freak, I'm a science freak… I know things about my health and the health of others. [/quote] ummm... I didn't say anything about wild or unsafe sex. Putting things in repeatedly over many years where things are only supposed to come out causes serious health side effects. Just saying. Nothing wild needed or "unsafe" needed.
Kitty Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 Fidei, I'm happy for you. I'm happy you found someone who cares for you and sees you as perfectly as you see him. Unless you like this kind of debate, I'd suggest moving to a different forum that actually appreciates news like this. I've already moved on to an exchristian forum but I just had to say this. Unless, as I said before, you enjoy scolding, judging and disapproval from others. All the best wishes to you and your boyfriend.
Nihil Obstat Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='Kitty' date='24 March 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1269493059' post='2079604'] I've already moved on to an exchristian forum [/quote] I'm sure that's just a barrel and a half of win.
Vincent Vega Posted March 25, 2010 Posted March 25, 2010 [quote name='Kitty' date='25 March 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1269493059' post='2079604'] Fidei, I'm happy for you. I'm happy you found someone who cares for you and sees you as perfectly as you see him. Unless you like this kind of debate, I'd suggest moving to a different forum that actually appreciates news like this. I've already moved on to an exchristian forum but I just had to say this. Unless, as I said before, you enjoy scolding, judging and disapproval from others. All the best wishes to you and your boyfriend. [/quote] -1 only because of the judging and scolding remark.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now