An Old School Catholic Message Board

Unbidden Images...need Help

Lil Red

[quote name='God Conquers' date='25 March 2010 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1269580294' post='2080377']
Two schools of thought:

Salesian: Ignore. DO what you say you've been doing. Pretend its not happening, focus on something else. Or say "ok that's a thought (image)" then drop it.

Ignatian: Agere Contra! Fight Against!

1- Call upon the Lord, for He is my help.

2- Rebuke the untruth: know what is wrong about the image and that it is not the truth. Say it to yourself and to God - and the devil who is attacking.

3- Recall the Truth: find a scripture, church teaching, saying, experience from memory that contradicts the lie you are being shown or told. Again just say it out loud or internally to yourself.

Usually takes care of stuff.

God Bless you! St. Michael pray for us!
[/quote]
+JMJ+
awesome. :smokey: thanks!

When I am plagued by evil thoughts, I go to my happy place, which is a recliner upholstered with the skins of my enemies over their dried bones, with my feet propped on an ottoman of their bleached skulls.

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 March 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1269623285' post='2080627']
When I am plagued by evil thoughts, I go to my happy place, which is a recliner upholstered with the skins of my enemies over their dried bones, with my feet propped on an ottoman of their bleached skulls.
[/quote]

I would assume the bleached skulls are covered in some sort of cushioning and comfortable cloth? How do you keep the skins from smelling up the joint?

ed

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 March 2010 - 10:08 AM' timestamp='1269623285' post='2080627']
[/quote]
+JMJ+
so you're saying i should imagine myself on recliner of Satan's demon's skulls? :unsure: what a great idea! :drool:

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='26 March 2010 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1269623429' post='2080629']
I would assume the bleached skulls are covered in some sort of cushioning and comfortable cloth? How do you keep the skins from smelling up the joint?

ed
[/quote]
They are cured like leather.