An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Snubs Netanyahu

Rebecca2009

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Hassan' date='27 March 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1269738654' post='2081700']
Sharon.
[/quote]
Osbourne?

KnightofChrist

Obama has treated other allies heads of state in a like manner. But one must also recall that he has mostly taken a very soft approach to Iran, and it is trying to build a nuke. But Obama is quick, ready and willing to harshly condemn Israel because of it's settlements.

When Obama use to go to 'Church' it was in one that taught, for the 20yrs he attended, Black Liberation Marxism and hate of America, so called white America, and Jews.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='27 March 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1269737150' post='2081691']

I'm glad the Israeli PM got a dressing down. [/quote]

Why?

[quote]That's what happens when you publicly humiliate an American diplomatic mission.

You get your comeuppance.
[/quote]

There is some disagreement as to whether an American diplomatic mission was "humiliated." Bibi Netanyahu has been dealing with American presidents for a long time, and has proven in the past to be a staunch ally to American interests. Whether or not there is disagreement on the current issue with settlements, it is not in the interest of the Israelis to cause a rift in US-Israeli relations. Netanyahu is a shrewd politician. It would not behoove him to insult a visiting American dignitary.

[quote]Do you guys understand what a "diplomatic incident" is?[/quote]

Um...yes? It usually involves diplomacy. Our president is suffering a tremendous lack in that particular category.

[quote]It has almost nothing to do with who the President of the United States happens to be, and almost nothing to do with who the PM of Israel happens to be.
[/quote]

I disagree. These sorts of incidents tend to depend ENTIRELY on who those persons happen to be. Diplomatic disputes don't crop up between flags, they are initiated by people. Personalities clash. Bibi Netanyahu is known to be a hardliner when it comes to his positions. Obama is known equally for his tendency to be condescending.

I am not defending Israel's position on settlements. To me, this transcends any particular issue. This is how America's chief executive deals with a perceived slight to one of his emissaries. Instead of handling it like a leader, he acted like a seven year old who got his toy taken away. To treat the Prime Minister of an ally in such a fashion is unbecoming of the office of President.