An Old School Catholic Message Board

Young Adult Support Thread

mariaassunta

mariaassunta

JMJT
Hello everyone!
Praised be Jesus Christ!
I was inspired after prayer to start something for young adults and thought I would a Young Adults thread for all who are discerning the religious life or who are in their beginning stages of applying/entering. Welcome!

To start off the thread: I'm 22 years old, and I'm entering a semi-contemplative/semi-active order sometime this year when all my papers are in place. Gotta love the Immigration system in all countries.

Any other young adults on here discerning? I thought it would help if we could give each other some prayerful and moral support here!

I'm 20, and I'm not in discernment with a particular order, I'm still looking around. I've visited some orders too. I'm really liking the Dominicans.

brightsadness

I'm 25 and discerning with the Basilian Nuns. I guess I canstill be called a young adult.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/upsidedown.gif[/img]

laetitia crucis

What is the "cut-off" age for "young adults"? :detective:

Is it like World Youth Day's "18-40"? -- If so, you can count me in then. :sweat:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='10 April 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1270927776' post='2090534']
What is the "cut-off" age for "young adults"? :detective:

Is it like World Youth Day's "18-40"? -- If so, you can count me in then. :sweat:
[/quote]

If it is like WYD -- then I'm still in :sweat:. And if WYD is to 40 ... yippie then I think I can actually try to go next year? hmmmmmmmmmm.

I've never been to WYD, Sidney was just way too expensive. But I'll probably go to Madrid. :)

Edited by Hilde

OnlySunshine

I'm currently taking a break from discernment because I'm a crossroads between marriage and religious life. Both appear so beautiful to me, but I do not know which God is calling me to. I'm hoping to visit some more convents in the near future when I've settled into my job a bit (I work full-time now). I'm really interested in the Order of the Visitation.

mariaassunta

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='11 April 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1271014252' post='2091038']
I'm currently taking a break from discernment because I'm a crossroads between marriage and religious life. Both appear so beautiful to me, but I do not know which God is calling me to. I'm hoping to visit some more convents in the near future when I've settled into my job a bit (I work full-time now). I'm really interested in the Order of the Visitation.
[/quote]

Glad to hear you are doing well and have found a job. Have been praying for you....would like a chat sometime if you are up for it.

Sister Marie

I'm a young adult in religious life! I'm also 22 years old. Good idea to start a thread for support. Count on my prayers!

Sister Marie

[quote name='Sister Marie' date='12 April 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1271103772' post='2091765']
I'm a young adult in religious life! I'm also 22 years old. Good idea to start a thread for support. Count on my prayers!

Sister Marie
[/quote]

Sister Marie, I would LOVE to meet you someday! You are totally awesome, and I really mean that! Thanks so much for your presence here on Phatmass!!!

[quote name='angelofmary' date='12 April 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1271100831' post='2091688']
Come on there are many young adults on here!!
[/quote]

I'm a young adult and although I don't have a religious vocation -- I just want to let you all out there know that I am so impressed by young people who desire to give their lives ENTIRELY to God, and you all are VERY VERY much supported by my prayers!

God bless you - and "Be Not Afraid!" :D

TeresaBenedicta

Alrighty, I suppose I'm in here as well. :-P

I'm 21 years old (I almost just typed out 22 for some reason!! Not yet!!) and hoping to enter a religious community once I can pay off/fund raise my student loans. I'm a convert to Catholicism (3 years this Easter!! Alleluia!!) and surprisingly my parents have been rather supportive of my decision, although they cannot support me financially.

Since Im [size="1"]almost thirty[/size] Im not so sure I qualify as young anymore but I guess I do need a form of support [img]http://www.irishwalkingsticks.com/assets/images/iTouchless%20Multifunction%20Walking%20Cane%20with%20Forever%20Last%20Flashlight%20&%20Alarm%20&%20Warning%20Light.jpg[/img]