An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should A U.s. President Be Obligated

rhetoricfemme

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

JMJ
Would the children at the school have the option not to be in the same class as the president's children?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='15 April 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1271381065' post='2094388']
If I ever became a powerful government leader, I would hire the most learned men in the land as private tutors for my children.
[/quote]
Sorry, I'm booked solid until retirement. :mellow:

Thy Geekdom Come

Parents have the right to manage their children's education in the way they find appropriate. That's a basic principle of natural law.

It would be unjust to insist that the president raise his children in any specific way regarding their education.

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='15 April 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1271381065' post='2094388']
If I ever became a powerful government leader, I would hire the most learned men in the land as private tutors for my children.
[/quote]
that still wouldn't help.

havok579257

why did you make a poll without a no in it? its like you just wanted everyone to agree with you, since everyone's answers have to agree with each other if they answer the poll.

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='15 April 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1271381065' post='2094388']
[/quote]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='15 April 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1271389214' post='2094427']
Sorry, I'm booked solid until retirement. :mellow:
[/quote]

sorry joe, i think rexi plans on making his own children, no need for him to adopt you.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='21 April 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1271829108' post='2097228']
sorry joe, i think rexi plans on making his own children, no need for him to adopt you.
[/quote]
Touché.

rhetoricfemme

[quote name='havok579257' date='21 April 2010 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1271828837' post='2097226']
its like you just wanted everyone to agree with you, since everyone's answers have to agree with each other if they answer the poll.
[/quote]
No it's not. You could simply write, "No." in the comments. I pretty much considered the last two options to include No in them. The last one isn't even serious. Sorry if my wording didn't suit your fancy.

havok579257

[quote name='rhetoricfemme' date='21 April 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1271878727' post='2097460']
No it's not. You could simply write, "No." in the comments. I pretty much considered the last two options to include No in them. The last one isn't even serious. Sorry if my wording didn't suit your fancy.
[/quote]

i don't care and no are not the same answer. its not that the answers did not suit my fancy. its that this poll is skewed to get an obvious answer since you leave an obvious answer off of the poll. one that the majority of the catholics on here would have choosen. that's why i was saying its not a good poll.